I can finally get downvotes again! Success!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

originalmadkilla #1 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

After many, many months of connection problems and not being able to play, I was finally able to solve my connection problems last night after a lot of trying out a ton of different things.:playing:

I had gotten a new router about a half a year ago from my cable provider and I had had it on default settings, and I went in to advanced options and saw that there was some sort of firewall enabled for ipv4 and ipv6 connections. I shut both off, and I also tried some new DNS settings, and I am able to play now.

So, now I am able to get downvotes again, after many months of not getting any.:izmena:

I've already gotten some in my brief testing today so far.

I see that not much has changed in the game, besides maybe the playerbase is even slightly worse than before, if that's even possible.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 23 May 2019 - 11:05 PM.

acrisis #2 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

If I may ask, who is the ISP?

Nationwide one? 

What was the box brand? 

As it could be relevant to troubleshoot issues for people who moved, switched providers, upgraded service ... or even got a new all in one modem box for whatever reason. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

originalmadkilla #3 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postacrisis, on 23 May 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

If I may ask, who is the ISP?

Nationwide one? 

What was the box brand? 

As it could be relevant to troubleshoot issues for people who moved, switched providers, upgraded service ... or even got a new all in one modem box for whatever reason. 

It was TWC/Spectrum. I've had the same ISP for many years. I didn't have any issues with my previous router, and I don't think I've ever changed the default settings on that one.

The new router I had gotten was by Hitron, never heard of them before.:playing:

I had Time Warner Cable before, but they got bought by Spectrum, so I guess it's just known as Spectrum now, even though some of their websites still say Time Warner Cable.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 23 May 2019 - 11:10 PM.

j_rod #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21491 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 May 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

After many, many months of connection problems and not being able to play, I was finally able to solve my connection problems last night after a lot of trying out a ton of different things.:playing:

I had gotten a new router about a half a year ago from my cable provider and I had had it on default settings, and I went in to advanced options and saw that there was some sort of firewall enabled for ipv4 and ipv6 connections. I shut both off, and I also tried some new DNS settings, and I am able to play now.

So, now I am able to get downvotes again, after many months of not getting any.:izmena:

I've already gotten some in my brief testing today so far.

I see that not much has changed in the game, besides maybe the playerbase is even slightly worse than before, if that's even possible.:justwait:

Two games with you in battle already. Must be my lucky day... 

originalmadkilla #5 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

This is a site that I found and went to, and that's when I realized that I had some sort of problem.:playing:

https://ipv6-test.com

When I first visited the site, it gave me a score of 15 out of 20, and it mentioned something about a firewall blocking certain connections and that led me to checking my router settings and going into advanced mode.

After I went in and made some changes, I managed to get my score up to 19 out of 20, and the game is working good for me now.:justwait:

originalmadkilla #6 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postj_rod, on 23 May 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

Two games with you in battle already. Must be my lucky day... 

Yes, I remember those.

One with you on the enemy team, which I left early on in the game, because the minimap told me to.:playing:

And the last one where we were on the same team, which just wrapped up a few minutes ago on Winter Malinovka, which our team won.:justwait:

acrisis #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Thanks.

Never ever heard of hitron before either.

We have been with Time Warner ( now spectrum ) in two states as well, due to ... well, let’s just say politics and no other feasible option. 

Edited by acrisis, 23 May 2019 - 11:11 PM.
typo

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

j_rod #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21491 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yes, I remember those.

One with you on the enemy team, which I left early on in the game, because the minimap told me to.:playing:

And the last one where we were on the same team, which just wrapped up a few minutes ago on Winter Malinovka, which our team won.:justwait:

Out of a sense of obligation, I intentionally yolo'ed that game after you went AFK to keep the teams even.

originalmadkilla #9 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postacrisis, on 23 May 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

Thanks.

Never ever heard of hitron before either.

We have been with Time Warner ( now spectrum ) in two states as well, due to ... well, let’s just say politics and no other feasible option. 

Same here. I have no other choice, unless you consider Verizon DSL a choice.:playing:

A few blocks away from me, they can get FIOS, but not an option for me yet.:justwait:

originalmadkilla #10 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15915 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postj_rod, on 23 May 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Out of a sense of obligation, I intentionally yolo'ed that game after you went AFK to keep the teams even.

My team still lost, so that tells me that I made the right choice. I guess your team rightfully deserved to win.:playing:

I went right on that map, and not a single tank followed. When I see too many tanks sitting around at spawn, not moving, I am not too interested in exerting any extra energy for such types and working hard to give them a possible win.  Not caring about my winrate anymore comes with certain benefits.:justwait:

_potato__salad_ #11 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Lol I tried that website, I got a score of 4 out of 20. I don't have any problems though.

rosgrim #12 Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 72594 battles
  • [COD]

well Hitron (obviously depending also on the model) is a great router/modem.

I got one Hitron lately from my provider to update the old modem and since is an integrated router/modem I'm using it instead of the Netgear Nighthawk (that is a great great router) i used before because is easier to have 1 hardware instead of 2 and the performance is the same or even better.

reluctanttheist #13 Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:45 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25094 battles
  • [III-H]

Hitron routers are actually pretty terrible.  We got one from our ISP (forced to have it to access their higher bandwidth plans) and I immediately asked for a bypass port so I could use my own DD-WRT enabled wifi router instead for gaming.

Hitron routers routinely drop connections and have no means of prioritizing packets.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

CA_vampire #14 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [MOMB]
It is better not to waste any money leasing your router from your ISP. Instead, go buy a quality router from Amazon. You need to search a little bit to find what router is good and how to configure it, but in the long run you will save money, and it will work better. 

Bellatormonk #15 Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]

I have Spectrum as well with an Arris router.  Never have any problems past the normal occasional outages, firmware pushes to the router or rare over saturation of the neighborhood pipe by people streaming that last crap episode of GoT.  I don't use IPV6 for any of the 37 wired/wired devices on my home network, and simply stick to good old IP4 with statically assigned IPs on heavy use devices.  I have everything connected to an Asus AC68U Router running Merlin firmware with Adaptive QoS enabled to prioritize devices on my network, like my gaming rig, VOIP phone and streaming TVs. 

The Wife and kid's devices get lower priority because by God..my packets of prammo rounds must not be interfered with!!!

When you seem me go AFK, a shot misses or my turret is spinning...it's a WoT issue...no mine ;)

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

j_rod #16 Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21491 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostCA_vampire, on 23 May 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

It is better not to waste any money leasing your router from your ISP. Instead, go buy a quality router from Amazon. You need to search a little bit to find what router is good and how to configure it, but in the long run you will save money, and it will work better. 

Agreed and depending on the size of the house it may make sense to get a router with dedicated external points. We just went with Google WiFi and it's been seamless.

9_V0LT #17 Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 8699 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 May 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

there was some sort of firewall enabled for ipv4 and ipv6 connections. I shut both off and I am able to play now.

Bank’s vault door keeps sticking and is slow to open. 

Fixes it by removing door and storing it in a closet. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

Icefang50 #18 Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34636 battles
  • [-MAX-]

View Post9_V0LT, on 24 May 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Bank’s vault door keeps sticking and is slow to open. 

Fixes it by removing door and storing it in a closet. 

priorities, you gotta tanky tanky 

GLKamper #19 Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33609 battles

I just had OMK on green on Copperfield. He was able to use his Dracula to spot 1 enemy!  Firing his cannon would have tipped off the enemy, I guess, so shots fired=0 and damage=0. 

Near the end of the battle, OMK cleverly announced that he was “looking at the rocks.”  I suppose that was to lull Red into complacency and driving the Dracula into a rocky corner was the clever cherry on top of the sly ruse. 

Green won and, just like Sgt. Hulka, OMK was our big toe. I’ll ride alongside of u anytime, OMK. Welcome back!

Rukt_Madadh #20 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6110 battles
  • [FLYT]

OP, I gave you a Team Player upvote yesterday on Canal. You went afk at the perfect time for me to make your Gravedigger a nice barricade down in the swampiness mid map. 

Thanks bud, you are tops looking out for others!  

Dont be sad, be glad! You been upvoted!  :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users