Budget cuts @ NA Server Workplace?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:59 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]

Let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt...

Short backstory: Metalspirit and I just ran into a pile of goose eggs a few minutes ago. Why? Huge lagggggggg for everyone on both sides of the map for the first two minutes. Some never even recovered...

Now, I've played on 4G LTE quite a bit recently as well as on hi speed wifi. LTE has ping around the 150 range and the WiFi is in the low, low double digits, but in both cases, there is a sudden spike during most games. And this has been happening in two states well over a thousand miles apart.

At this point, it's due to point fingers at some other cause. WG's servers, perhaps?

But like I said, let's give them some benefit of the doubt. Devil's advocate for a hot second, I'll put this out there:

Maybe it isn't some incompetent fool to blame? Maybe it's just an ounce too much that results in neglect?

I say we start a petition, or at least a plea, to get these guys' Keuring cup coffee machine finally fixed. Or maybe satellite/cable in their break room. Donuts on Monday morning? How about a nicer frame for the employee of the month?

Perhaps, WG, you could spare some revenue from that premium content folks buy, to give the NA staff something nicer in their workplace? You know, bump up their morale and such? Keep their minds entertained. Invest just a few dimes more into your workers so they come back with more productivity?

Whatdya say?

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

andyllinger #2 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 30028 battles
  • [--M--]
I think they don't have any (blitz dedicated) staff members posted on this side of the globe at all, and if they do then yeah, they're not very good at doing their jobs tbh. 

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T, WZ-113.

War_Vet_1 #3 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 16187 battles
  • [4ROG]
I say they sell a K Cup attachment for tanks in game to fund their coffee machine in Minsk. Da!

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

wrecker1968 #4 Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44187 battles
  • [HOUSE]

Less  Workers      =      more  Vodka

r3cursion #5 Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36754 battles
  • [DEF_A]

In all seriousness, I've had serious ping issues as well. Previously my ping was utterly gorgeous (often in single digits, usually below 25, and high for me was in the 40s.)  Now, within the last week, I'm 120-130 consistently.  If I log into the WOT PC game my ping is 10 (I'm in Chicago and I believe this is where their servers are now located.)  Wired or wireless connection the ping is the same for me to Blitz.  I've checked my connection many times over, run all other kinds of checks, but cannot for the life of me figure this out.  when i ping login.wotblitz.com i get a ping in the 50s and the same happens when i run tracert, so that's really no help.  

OP, I haven't had issues with ping spikes like it sounds you have, but just generally degradation in speed.

PeteGee45 #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31010 battles
  • [ATTK]
Me too, terrible ping rates lately. Dot is always red when exiting a battle and I haven’t seen a green dot in over a week. I have Spectrum service  coming over tonight to look at our internet. If it’s on their side we’ll know soon enough. I’ll report back with the outcome of the service appointment and any impact on playability. 

MSGTGlitterGlue #7 Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:16 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 16333 battles
  • [CHEF]
whats worse? these ping spikes, or the fact that my TV died? for me its the TV because now the ONLY game i can play is the laggyone (but im not lagging so much)

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users