Does enhanced armour thicken the front armour of the tiger 2?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GeneralGoldy #1 Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10518 battles
  • [TNTFX]
Alright i used to have the tiger 2 it got me so frustrated due to the armour so i sold it now i am thinking of rebuying it and going to E75 then E100 and i was wondering will enhanced armour thicken the front a bit 

ARandomGenieGuy #2 Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Yes it does but it’s only 4%. I guess it has 150mm frontal armor so the 4% of that is like 6mm extra armor without considering the slope. Maybe with the angling that translates to 10-12mm extra effective armor thickness. Not much but might help getting a lucky bounce or two. It won’t help that much. Tanks that have +200 armor it’s somewhat helpful since the extra armor would be +8 mm of armor thickness without considering slope, which might bump effective armor around +20 extra mm of thickness which is a noticeable upgrade. 

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 27 May 2019 - 10:38 PM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12698 battles
  • [HATED]
I don't think it adds 4% thickness. Some people say there's a stat called "armor quality" or whatever. IRL I think different grades of RHA would produce different effective thicknesses, which is what that stat would refer to. So enhanced armor makes armor 4% better, not more thicc.

The_Flop #4 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 51082 battles
  • [BTO]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 May 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

I don't think it adds 4% thickness. Some people say there's a stat called "armor quality" or whatever. IRL I think different grades of RHA would produce different effective thicknesses, which is what that stat would refer to. So enhanced armor makes armor 4% better, not more thicc.

Correct, it doesn't add 4% thickness, I heard an explanation once and decided my brains cells were better used on other things.

If I can make a suggestion GeneralGoldy, the Tiger II isn't really a front line tier VIII heavy, its a second line support tank, its only really front line ability is side scraping. It does have a great German gun so let that do the work. The line is worth it, the E75 and E100 are both fantastic tanks, unfortunately the Tiger II is just something you have to get through, use Boosters and x2 bonuses to minimize your grind time.

Edited by The_Flop, 28 May 2019 - 04:02 AM.

HugGigolo #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21865 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 May 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

This. Important, because otherwise it would affect the overmatch mechanics. I have no idea if it affects how much splash damage you take.

FussyRude #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4948 battles
  • [AZUR]

Add 1mm armor per every 25mm base.

#LoveLuchs

MSGTGlitterGlue #7 Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:51 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 15711 battles
  • [CHEF]

no, it just makes it thicker

none of this armor quality stuff. you sound like warthunder.

IMHO it is better to run the thickening equipment than the make-yourself-even-more-of-a-damage-piñata equipment on 9 tanks out of 10. anything that has enough armor to avoid being HE penned after applying the equipment is worth it. anything that will still be...harassed... by HE , go for the damage piñata equipment and avoid being shot by as many 640 (or i guess i should say 960 because HE) alpha guns as possible

also, you are usually setting yourself up with a much better chance of not being overmatched by somebody that normally would overmatch you. 

keep in mind, if you do the thickening equpment to protect yourself from HE, it probably still wont be enough to stop HEP and HESH.

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

HugGigolo #8 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21865 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostMSGTGlitterGlue, on 28 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

IMHO it is better to run the thickening equipment than the make-yourself-even-more-of-a-damage-piñata equipment on 9 tanks out of 10. anything that has enough armor to avoid being HE penned after applying the equipment is worth it. anything that will still be...harassed... by HE , go for the damage piñata equipment and avoid being shot by as many 640 (or i guess i should say 960 because HE) alpha guns as possible

also, you are usually setting yourself up with a much better chance of not being overmatched by somebody that normally would overmatch you. 

keep in mind, if you do the thickening equpment to protect yourself from HE, it probably still wont be enough to stop HEP and HESH.

It doesn't make the armour thicker. It doesn't affect overmatch mechanics. WG has confirmed this.

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24192 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostMSGTGlitterGlue, on 28 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Sorry .. but you sir are mistaken.  We have been told by WG that the armor does NOT get any thicker - but rather a variable has it's value adjusted in a way that does seem to suggest that you now have "better" steel.   Other forum users have also been able to prove that the armor does not get any thicker by testing in training rooms.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users