Profile picture problems...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

djhiz #1 Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:17 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

I just tried uploading a different profile picture and I get two different responses from the uploader; either the file is too big (when it very obviously isn't; it recommends 200 pixels minimum and the first image was 287X287), or the screen below comes up and the image goes to this standard image icon (using a second, 200X200 image), like 200 is a threshold or something and not a minimum...

I did not have this trouble when I first uploaded a picture a couple years ago...

Any of you know how to remedy this? I am currently profile picture-less because obviously the uploader didn't save the one I had after I closed the upload window... :facepalm: FFS

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

cjcourtney1 #2 Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27535 battles
  • [S3MC]
Take a look at GentleNova's thread "Tips when using Imgur.com for posting forum pictures".Dated June 6,2019 . May need to use a lower case L

Edited by cjcourtney1, 12 June 2019 - 12:35 AM.

djhiz #3 Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:45 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

Thanks for the advice, but I already know how to use Imgur pretty well (used it to put up the image in the OP), and imgur isn't the problem, as I got the same response from the uploader using an imgur address and just downloading it from my desktop. (with both image sizes)

The lowercase L trick did not work, as it displayed the "file too large" message even with the L.

I'm pretty sure it's the forum acting up or something, but if there is a way around this annoying bug, I'd love to know.

I've seen another person with the same bugged out profile picture like mine:

and this one:

It's obviously not even the grey/white place-holder photo most people have, and the server clearly thinks a photo has been uploaded or something, because otherwise it would display the place-holder (in absence of a photo being uploaded).

Edited by djhiz, 12 June 2019 - 12:50 AM.

- Voltaire Jingles

acrisis #4 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]
Try a reply to your thread, using the image link button, see if the forum likes / recognizes that. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

djhiz #5 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

View Postacrisis, on 12 June 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Try a reply to your thread, using the image link button, see if the forum likes / recognizes that. 

I'm talking about when I am in settings trying to replace my profile picture, not generally posting images in threads; I don't have issues doing that. (unless I'm missing your point...)

Like I said before, I used imgur to post the images above. Imgur isn't the issue; it's the uploader's odd size requirements, or something along those lines.

This is the settings page I'm talking about:

Edited by djhiz, 12 June 2019 - 01:55 AM.

- Voltaire Jingles

acrisis #6 Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

I know 100 % what you are talking about ...

I am asking to post the image in a reply in this thread so I can see if the image is valid, if the forum likes it, ... and I can test it on my end with your image ... then see if there is a new forum bug. 

So, you missed my point and/or I was not clear enough in my attempt to help :) 

Upload it to imgur, and share as a picture or as a link and I will look into it. 

( there has been that signature image bug ... I have brought it up again recently ... but it is unclear why it works on some new accounts, not others, or existing ones ) 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Faber711 #7 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:55 PM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 16876 battles
  • [SVJG]
Im the same too, i got upset, i resized my pic many times yesterday that i just gave up
Uhhhhh burgers are just sandwiches that are round

djhiz #8 Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

View Postacrisis, on 12 June 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

I know 100 % what you are talking about ...

I am asking to post the image in a reply in this thread so I can see if the image is valid, if the forum likes it, ... and I can test it on my end with your image ... then see if there is a new forum bug. 

So, you missed my point and/or I was not clear enough in my attempt to help :) 

Upload it to imgur, and share as a picture or as a link and I will look into it. 

( there has been that signature image bug ... I have brought it up again recently ... but it is unclear why it works on some new accounts, not others, or existing ones ) 

Thanks acrisis, Here's the image (the larger one; 831x831):     URL: https://i.imgur.com/RCvOWSM.jpg

Thanks for the help; I didn't know you meant to test it on your end... oops.   o7

- Voltaire Jingles

acrisis #9 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

WG must have broken something with a recent update. Can’t seem to change mine and test with your image.

Will relay it to Ribble. 

BE  (+)   

acrisis #10 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]
And, avatars appear to have been fixed :) 

BE  (+)   

djhiz #11 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

View Postacrisis, on 13 June 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

And, avatars appear to have been fixed :) 

I really appreciate it, acrisis.

o7

- Voltaire Jingles

ShootinSabot #12 Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20696 battles
  • [SPUD]

Not trying to revive a necro thread but has this problem popped up for anyone again.

I don't seem to be able to upload a new sig pic from imgur even though I have it sized correctly and I have removed the s from the http in the address. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

acrisis #13 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Thanks for the reminder, we're still stuck with this. I'll notify Ribble again. 

From last conversation, I recall something to the extent that it works fine for blank accounts, but those with existing sigs can't change it, admins were going to take a look ... but that file or note may have fallen behind cabinet. 

BE  (+)   

ShootinSabot #14 Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20696 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postacrisis, on 12 August 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the reminder, we're still stuck with this. I'll notify Ribble again. 

From last conversation, I recall something to the extent that it works fine for blank accounts, but those with existing sigs can't change it, admins were going to take a look ... but that file or note may have fallen behind cabinet. 

Thanks acrisis, I did grab a sig line from the campfire thread that worked, not sure what the difference is.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users