• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Privet !

I have a question about Dead Rail, in a regular battle (not that suprem-a-crap stuff) - when is it ever a good idea for your team to go to the Valley vs the Hills above the rails?   

I can understand someone spotting mid - peek over the ridge there.  But it seems to me that any time green goes valley - Attack and hold the low ground! -  We lose.    

Part of that, is that I end up on that side of the map so infrequently that I have no idea what to do :)

Why go valley at all?   Are there some team lineups where you should go valley? 

Mir-

Boris

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 18 June 2019 - 01:24 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Gavidoc01 #2 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42613 battles
  • [III]
Supremacy when I'm in a light or med I will normally spot mid and then move towards C. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostGavidoc01, on 18 June 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Supremacy when I'm in a light or med I will normally spot mid and then move towards C. 

Oh .. I meant in Encounter - I don't play Suprem-a-crap unless forced.

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8751 battles
  • [HAHA]

To be honest, I think the best reason is to

A: take the attention off of the hill from the TD's on their sniper perch

B: take out said TD's

Not sure how often you play TD's Boris, but especially the south side sniper hill can get clear shots on the mountains at C

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 18 June 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

To be honest, I think the best reason is to

A: take the attention off of the hill from the TD's on their sniper perch

B: take out said TD's

Not sure how often you play TD's Boris, but especially the south side sniper hill can get clear shots on the mountains at C

I very rarely play TD's and when I do - they will have a turret - so they get driven more like a medium.

Mir-

Boris

Meat_Locker #6 Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 41962 battles
  • [STRYK]
I play the Borsig a lot and using the heavies as spotters yields great results down there.

_Cletus #7 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

A lot of heavies prefer going valley because of lack of gun depression.  When you're already low you'll never have to aim lower, which was also my guiding principle when I was dating.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Fu_Manchu_ #8 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]
I'm with you Boris. IMO, meds should go to the hills and heavies should go to the ridge between town and the valley. If they have no depression they should be closer to town so they can flex to either side depending on where the reds go. If they have depression, they should be playing the ridge.

AKA HanYolo_.

__V_O_P__ #9 Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34006 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 18 June 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Privet !

I have a question about Dead Rail, in a regular battle (not that suprem-a-crap stuff) - when is it ever a good idea for your team to go to the Valley vs the Hills above the rails?   

I can understand someone spotting mid - peek over the ridge there.  But it seems to me that any time green goes valley - Attack and hold the low ground! -  We lose.    

Part of that, is that I end up on that side of the map so infrequently that I have no idea what to do :)

Why go valley at all?   Are there some team lineups where you should go valley? 

Mir-

Boris

I think deadrail is one of small number of maps where splitting is a viable strat. Irrespective of whether the meds are going to flank someone needs to spot and hold mid - a heavy with decent gun depression can do that. Heavies can push the valley and flanking meds can pour fire into the obvious TD spots. 

So for me Valley is always an option. If you have only a few heavies then you hold it but don’t push it. 

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #10 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 37617 battles
  • [ISSAH]

View Post_Cletus, on 18 June 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

A lot of heavies prefer going valley because of lack of gun depression.  When you're already low you'll never have to aim lower, which was also my guiding principle when I was dating.  

Heh. 

minitel_NA #11 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

If I’m blind and dumb and driving a heavy:

I will go down to Death Valley to feed red tds.

It only takes 2-3 shots and I’m dead.

Meanwhile I can’t help anyone, anywhere.

but I count on my td snipers do their camping job

and kill the red death-valley-noobs really fast before I die.

otherwise I am allowed to rage about “no support”.

Of course I never ever check if I have better armor, more hp or if the reds have better guns than we do. 

It’s all about team support and RiggedNG,

everyone should know that.

note:

if im in a light tank I can still go there do the same thing much faster !

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

___ez_e___ #12 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

I race into the middle of valley and get the enemy team spotted before they can get out of their side of valley.   They are sitting ducks and I usually can spot 3-7 enemy tanks and get 1-2 free shots.     Many times they try to take cover, but are out of position so you just chip away at their hp.   More importantly it allows you teammates to hammer the enemy.    Don’t go to high on ridge and reset camo when necessary.  

Depending on spawn, one side is better then the other.   When I race up to spot in valley I used the building and bush hard cover from one side (this is the better side to spawn on) and on the other side I used the rock.   

I will work that middle location and the usually move closer to A depending on the situation.  

It works great and gives your team an immediate spotting advantage.   

I have an example video of using the less preferred side with the rock.  

In this case I went well beyond the rock, but in many battles is very dangerous to go to far out.   Also you can see I wasn’t able to take free shots in the beginning.  Usually I can get a free shot off or two.  Also, the enemy didn’t know how to pen me so I got lucky when I was over exposed on top.   That was a major no no, but I got away with it.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 18 June 2019 - 04:08 PM.

_Cletus #13 Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:51 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

For real, the valley is kind of fun in a heavy.  Everybody's fighting around the bottom of that ridge, you've got heavies poking out and TD's trying to snipe you out.  It's a good chance to outsmart your opponents by drawing fire, bouncing shots, and penning your own.  If you happen to have some depression you can pop up on the ridge and get some shots off too.  Ideally in this scenario you've got your meds working around town to keep the red meds off you and they can usually get some shots at the camping TD's.  It's a fun brawl down there.

That said, I do think a more winning strategy, as stated in previous posts, is heavies in the town/ridge area and meds on the upper ridge.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

ZebraUp #14 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 25394 battles
  • [STPLR]
Most heavies go valley because they're pointing that way..  and trying to get the 40%'ers to change direction is nigh on impossible!

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

Kevin_Rammage #15 Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4348 battles
  • [COD]
It’s all about the tds. You can be sniped across the map from tds in the valley.  Sucks going high in a tank with bad gun depression too but it’s all bc of those tds in the valley. Can’t side scape up high or hide behind a rock when you are taking shots from across the map. 

wwing #16 Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

Either We Win Or They Do

• Players
  • 39478 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 18 June 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

If I’m blind and dumb and driving a heavy:

I will go down to Death Valley to feed red tds.

It only takes 2-3 shots and I’m dead.

Meanwhile I can’t help anyone, anywhere.

but I count on my td snipers do their camping job

and kill the red death-valley-noobs really fast before I die.

otherwise I am allowed to rage about “no support”.

Of course I never ever check if I have better armor, more hp or if the reds have better guns than we do. 

It’s all about team support and RiggedNG,

everyone should know that.

note:

if im in a light tank I can still go there do the same thing much faster !

I am with u on this one bro.  It should have been named Death Valley!

Flexsphincter1 #17 Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18819 battles
  • [STL-X]
I enjoy playing TD on this map, were as I tell the heavys in valley to not push corner in valley and suck them back to me , ill sit near spawn up by the rocks near tracks,, , and wont shoot till I know I can reload and hit them again before they can back up to disappear .fun trap to spring when ya got a team with a clue

__Frostbite #18 Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:40 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25359 battles
  • [-0]
Dead Rail is a bit like Castilla in this manner, that its crucial to control both the heavy and medium side. Heavies should occupy the valley if there's at least 2 of them and 1 TD covering. They need to be there in order to give the mediums time to flank.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKWolf1 #19 Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 76360 battles
  • [CMIND]
Problem with every map anymore is that they are getting too predictable, and rather boring. WG needs to pull one map out of rotation between every update and give it a working over. Freshen them up one by one.

BAR_001 #20 Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27487 battles
  • [HAHA]
I used to not mind valley too much when there was team work, but anymore the lower corners are just a camptards paradise. Even for heavies. So going into the arm pit just makes you someones meat shield and gone in 60 seconds. I prefer the high ground, but if the team goes valley then I will try to mix it up and be unpredictable, maybe use gun depression spotting between bottom and town then move or snipe from top with meds then try to flank and take out red TD's. I agree with OP, its a conundrum down there.

Edited by BAR_001, 19 June 2019 - 04:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users