M103

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BodyCount37 #1 Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19345 battles
  • [STRYK]

I have had my eyes on the T110E5 for a while and it has been tempting. I have maxed out the T32, and researched the M103, but i'm hesitant to dive in and expend 3 million credits plus the credits to get 75% crew training and the first 3 equipment slots (I'm a poor credit person) and having no upgraded modules. I have accumulated enough free xp to get to the 2nd gun. Any ideas or thoughts or any advice on how I would proceed with my current circumstances.

Also any advice on how to play the tank and good positions on maps would be appreciated.

Edited by BodyCount37, 19 June 2019 - 09:53 PM.

#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola

_Duncan_Idaho_ #2 Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38022 battles
  • [DUNE_]

It is a heavium, which you might not expect after the T32. It is mobile but the turret armor is not reliable like the 32. It is a high ceiling low floor tank, but since you already have experience with the Pattons, I  expect you will be prepared for that. The e5 adds back some of that turret armor reliability, but tier for tier, not all of it. . . the 103 is all about the gun. Without the top gun, it is severely crippled. The top gun gives it solid DPM and pen which is essential for not going credit negative in battles. Unfortunately, the 103 has a large barrier between stock and the top gun so unless you have a large garage to abuse with x5 anniversary runs to accumulate mass amounts of free xp, you'll likely end up grinding through some modules.

IMHO, any tank above tier 8 - use gold for the crew, use free XP for at least some of the modules. If you are credit poor, you don't want to lose at tier 9/10. You need to win, do lots of damage, and especially get support damage and if you have a tank with expensive shells - don't miss or bounce ever. . . or just accept the fact that you are likely to lose credits.

BodyCount37 #3 Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19345 battles
  • [STRYK]

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 19 June 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

It is a heavium, which you might not expect after the T32. It is mobile but the turret armor is not reliable like the 32. It is a high ceiling low floor tank, but since you already have experience with the Pattons, I  expect you will be prepared for that. The e5 adds back some of that turret armor reliability, but tier for tier, not all of it. . . the 103 is all about the gun. Without the top gun, it is severely crippled. The top gun gives it solid DPM and pen which is essential for not going credit negative in battles. Unfortunately, the 103 has a large barrier between stock and the top gun so unless you have a large garage to abuse with x5 anniversary runs to accumulate mass amounts of free xp, you'll likely end up grinding through some modules.

IMHO, any tank above tier 8 - use gold for the crew, use free XP for at least some of the modules. If you are credit poor, you don't want to lose at tier 9/10. You need to win, do lots of damage, and especially get support damage and if you have a tank with expensive shells - don't miss or bounce ever. . . or just accept the fact that you are likely to lose credits.

Well i'm not that poor, I can afford to fire gold, but all those credits are going to take a large chunk of my finances, I feel prepared enough to play the vehicle for its intended purpose, but I have to upgrade the vehicle to its full potential before I can experience that, playing a lot with the american mediums has given me some more confidence and experience for when I unlock this vehicle. I am considering going out to buy some google play cards and purchase some gold and upgrade some of the modules.

#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola

The_Flop #4 Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 50301 battles
  • [BTO]
The second gun is very playable, the only thing you get on the top gun is better gun handling. get the Engines and tracks before you move on to the top gun. Like above it's a heavium. Its mobile with a good gun, use those, you don't want to front line versus E75, VK, Mauschen, ST1. My personal opinion its very good same tier and tier 8 but it doesn't tier up as well as some of the other tier 9 heavies and you really have to dial back and support against tier X.

Also tagged with M103

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users