Why are KV-2 drivers so bitter?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

WhiskeyCyclone #1 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21992 battles
  • [LONR]

Why do salty cry babies flock to the KV-2 and spout venom and tears of salt when they die? I’m seeing a pattern and it doesn’t bode well for the typical KV-2 profile. They know it all, never take responsibility for f ing up, blame everybody but themselves for him not doing good, we’re all noobs, etc... 

i told the last guy he should seek out KV-2 anonymous and get some help. Lol. 

Keep it old school. 

Blartch #2 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:39 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60834 battles
  • [SPUD]
You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise

originalmadkilla #3 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

It's not just KV2s, it is my assessment that different types of players are attracted to different types of tanks.:playing:

TD tanks in general tends to attract the cowardly, the lazy and the unfortunate low IQ amongst us.:izmena:

Driving a TD does not give somebody an excuse to sit around at spawn doing nothing, while the rest of the team is advancing. And it does not give a TD an excuse to blame the team if and when they get flanked, even though the TDs were warned to move from spawn. And driving a TD does not give somebody an excuse to sit around doing nothing for 3 minutes if they have no shots in their scope.

That's not to say that all TD drivers are like that. There are a few good TD drivers who do have a spine and also a few brain cells, but these players are of course in the minority.:justwait:

Player_5773117413 #4 Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:39 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]
It's a thin thread that holds them fairly high over rock bottom. It is essential for their feeling of self importance and you are threatening it with scissors. 

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

WhiskeyCyclone #5 Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21992 battles
  • [LONR]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 23 June 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

It's not just KV2s, it is my assessment that different types of players are attracted to different types of tanks.:playing:

TD tanks in general tends to attract the cowardly, the lazy and the unfortunate low IQ amongst us.:izmena:

Driving a TD does not give somebody an excuse to sit around at spawn doing nothing, while the rest of the team is advancing. And it does not give a TD an excuse to blame the team if and when they get flanked, even though the TDs were warned to move from spawn. And driving a TD does not give somebody an excuse to sit around doing nothing for 3 minutes if they have no shots in their scope.

That's not to say that all TD drivers are like that. There are a few good TD drivers who do have a spine and also a few brain cells, but these players are of course in the minority.:justwait:

In the totem pole of blitz, where gumption, finesse, and balls are concerned, lights are at the top. Followed by meds, then heavies, and TDs at the bottom. But that still doesn’t explain the anger I’ve been seeing from KVtoothless. 

Keep it old school. 

_potato__salad_ #6 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Wow nobody answered the question just added mote rants. It's pretty simple the kv2 has this op reputation with massive rolls all the time, but the fact is it's a risk vs reward tank. It's not as simple as rolling forward and destroying everything with 1000hp rolls of death. So when a player ends up being totally destroyed they get pissed off that their god tank stank and they go full retard.

AKWolf1 #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 75626 battles
  • [CMIND]

View Post_potato__salad_, on 24 June 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Wow nobody answered the question just added mote rants. It's pretty simple the kv2 has this op reputation with massive rolls all the time, but the fact is it's a risk vs reward tank. It's not as simple as rolling forward and destroying everything with 1000hp rolls of death. So when a player ends up being totally destroyed they get pissed off that their god tank stank and they go full retard.

The problem is more than likely that the KV2 driver had no support. Most newbs running around in tiers five and six have no clue how to play a support roll to the derp tank on their team.  They take off as fast as they can in their meds and lights and leave the KV2 behind in the dust.  With a 23 +/- second reload they need to play a support roll and utilize the derp potential to its fullest.  Once in a great while, I can get someone to help out when I’m in mine, but it’s probably one out of ten battles. 

TO_Dominator #8 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:21 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 10452 battles
  • [SASK2]

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 23 June 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

In the totem pole of blitz, where gumption, finesse, and balls are concerned, lights are at the top. Followed by meds, then heavies, and TDs at the bottom. But that still doesn’t explain the anger I’ve been seeing from KVtoothless. 

Well its essentially the idol of those who enjoy driving TDs. I would have thought the SU 152 would be a much more popular choice, but I suppose the KV-2s ability to one-shot and see tier 5s is the reason its not. Its skill floor is about as low as its ceiling. Basically, it attracts the lowest of the low.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8227 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostAKWolf1, on 23 June 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

The problem is more than likely that the KV2 driver had no support. Most newbs running around in tiers five and six have no clue how to play a support roll to the derp tank on their team.  They take off as fast as they can in their meds and lights and leave the KV2 behind in the dust.  With a 23 +/- second reload they need to play a support roll and utilize the derp potential to its fullest.  Once in a great while, I can get someone to help out when I’m in mine, but it’s probably one out of ten battles. 

Probably has alot to do with it... 

IMHO a team's prospects for winning decreases about 10% for each kv2 on the team... It's not the tank, the operators are really poor players lately 

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

djhiz #10 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19845 battles
  • [F2K]

I think it has to do with the fact that you've got to sell your soul to play one with the 152mm.

If someone is playing one with the 107mm, they clearly didn't have soul in the first place...

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

tankeatingtiger #11 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:40 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19582 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostBlartch, on 23 June 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise

Oh man, so much hilarious salt here. My two cents are that 1) the stock grind was so painful and didn’t match up to expectations that they already had a bad feeling about this horribly risky tank 2) they saw videos and 1000 damage shots and free xp-Ed everything to find a slow, mediocre-ly armored mortar.

Either way, nothing good comes from playing the KV-2. 

Anyway Blartch, I shall steal this line and immortalize if forecer in my signature. Thank you very much for your words of wisdom.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

GLKamper #12 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34469 battles

KV-2 drivers are bitter because they couldn’t pony up $30 whatever for a Smasher. 

Block Quote

your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise

Pics?  Asking for a friend. 

plsdontkillmexxx #13 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9586 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

I agree. I've noticed the same. eg. Leo drivers tend to be agressive, and Koori MiniMo players (or whatever that tank is) are usually good players. I'm always wary of those Kori tanks. otoh tanks that are perceived as OP and can be purchased, eg. Smasher, are often driven by lesser skilled players, but not always.

Regarding TD's, they'e often given a hard time by players who don't understand their role is to snipe.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

plsdontkillmexxx #14 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9586 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostAKWolf1, on 24 June 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

And not just in KV2. I played some battles yesterday where I got zero damage and kills simply because I spent the whole game trying to catch up to the action in my HT.

plsdontkillmexxx #15 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9586 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBlartch, on 24 June 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

well that's hardly surpising is it. It's not like they have a jar of hot strawberry jam...

FussyRude #16 Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5375 battles
  • [AZUR]
Many KV-2 players believe they had skill, thats why they act like... Well you know.
#LoveLuchs

_Cletus #17 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:55 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24976 battles
  • [HAHA]

KV-2 is a noob magnet.  Plus everybody knows that KV-2 and Smasher drivers kiss their sisters.  If tanks were states, the KV-2 would be Florida.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Fu_Manchu_ #18 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostAKWolf1, on 23 June 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Given the expected level of skill and intelligence when I see a KV-2 on my team, it would be beyond stupid for me (or any player of a similar skill level) to adjust my game plan to support a KV-2 that is likely driven by a window licker.

AKA HanYolo_.

Padre_ShadowRider #19 Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35079 battles
  • [GETIT]

View PostAKWolf1, on 24 June 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

I disagree. I almost always are disgusted with KV 2 drivers.  More often than not, when left is called, they go yolo right without backup thinking they are invincible, then cry help when they get into a jam. They have no armor and terribly slow reload and slow turret turn speed. It is a recipe for disaster. By contrast, the Smasher drivers, with faster reload and better armor seem to do okay.  However yesterday I had a KV 2 driver on my team that blew me away. He has maxed equipment, better armor and a reload with the big gun that was faster than any I'd seen. AND he followed the team!  Almost made me want to rebuy the tank :-) 

minitel_NA #20 Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Grind tier 1-6 of this new game that is so much fun.

finally drive your big boy tier6 expensive tank.

boom, meet kv2

Deep wthmoment.

grind tier 1-6 in Russian KV2 line,

Drive almighty invincible KV2

see that same big boy tier6 tank driven by someone else,

shoot, fail.

get sent to garage by big boy tier6 expensive tank 

deep rage moment.

please, understand the point of view of the KV2 driver,

you will savor his chat loss of control much more,

like i do.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA