I finished the event and they stole all of my Legendary + Epic Boosters!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

originalmadkilla #1 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

What?:izmena:

I just completed stage 75, and I had a bunch of legendary and epic boosters still in my account, before the last match.

Now that I completed 75, they all disappeared!

I just purchased the 5 legendary boosters for 250 gold, and that's all that's in my account!

I was going to convert all of my epics into legendary and then I was going to eventually cash in all of my legendaries to get the gold.

Now, I have nothing! Everything is gone, except for the 5 legendaries which I just bought for 250 gold!

Where are all of the other legendary and epic boosters that I had been saving up?

They are gone, they vanished as soon as I completed level 75!:justwait:

Actually, I am looking at my notifications now, and it says that they were automatically deducted.

They deducted one legendary for 100 gold.

And 26 epics for 26000 currency!

This is crap! I was going to exchange the epics into legendary!

This is beyond sneaky and devious, but I probably should have known better with all of the sneakiness going on with the boosters. I feel ripped off. Not cool WG.:angry:

I guess now that the event is done for me, I will go back to trolling nubs again. At least that's one thing that'll make me happy and I won't feel ripped off.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 24 June 2019 - 09:01 PM.

Blartch #2 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60768 battles
  • [SPUD]
Note to self: stop playing after acquiring the last ROYGBIV tank

originalmadkilla #3 Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

I also noticed that even though the event screen is now gone from my account garage page, the game will still auto activate the legendary boosters which I just bought for 250 gold, even though I'm done with the event.:playing:

I'll have to keep track and make sure to de-activate the boosters before every single match, or they'll get scammed away from me too.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 24 June 2019 - 09:22 PM.

Fu_Manchu_ #4 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11487 battles
  • [CLEAR]

That sucks. You could try submitting a ticket asking for the epic boosters back.

And I'm impressed that you completed the event already. That's some real dedication.

AKA HanYolo_.

shyw #5 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48554 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 June 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

And I'm impressed that you completed the event already. That's some real dedication.

^^^^^ totally agree ^^^^^

i’m only at level 42

Edited by shyw, 24 June 2019 - 10:33 PM.

9_V0LT #6 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:48 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9074 battles
  • [OGRE]
That last event Avatar was a lot more expensive than you figured 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

originalmadkilla #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 24 June 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

That sucks. You could try submitting a ticket asking for the epic boosters back.

It's ok. Those epics would've only been about 3 legendaries.:playing:

It's worse for the 9 legendaries I had going into today.

Yesterday I had set my game to auto default to using epic boosters for every battle, so I couldn't make any mistakes and use any legendaries by accident.

Today when I began playing, I assumed it was still auto defaulted to the same settings I used yesterday, which was to use epic in every battle.

That was too much for me to presume, as the game auto defaulted to using up all of my legendaries today.

So yeah, I guess technically, it's my fault for not checking and double checking and triple checking things between every single match. 

So I basically lost more than 1000 in gold due to the changing default settings and settings that get reset between logins etc.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 24 June 2019 - 11:04 PM.

RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8002 battles
  • [HAHA]

So glad you warned us! I am so close to completing.. Gonna take a break until the event is over now. I'm f2p and have plans for that gold....

One thing does make me take pause.. In the event description it says "one legendary booster will compensate you for 100 gold".... 

Makes me think that no matter how many legendary boosters you have, you will only be compensated for one. 

WG is sneaky like that 

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

plsdontkillmexxx #9 Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9500 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBlartch, on 25 June 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Note to self: stop playing after acquiring the last ROYGBIV tank

yep. there's nothing much to be gained after that

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

HugGigolo #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22258 battles
  • [AGILE]
Ah yeah, I saw a post by someone who completed the whole thing after about 3 days. The tip was to NOT complete the final stage until the end, so you can continue to collect the mission boosters, convert, then profit at the end.

joes1500 #11 Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20460 battles
  • [P-BOD]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 24 June 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

I just completed stage 75, and I had a bunch of legendary and epic boosters still in my account, before the last match.

I just purchased the 5 legendary boosters for 250 gold, and that's all that's in my account!

I was going to convert all of my epics into legendary and then I was going to eventually cash in all of my legendaries to get the gold.

Now, I have nothing! Everything is gone, except for the 5 legendaries which I just bought for 250 gold!

Where are all of the other legendary and epic boosters that I had been saving up?

They are gone, they vanished as soon as I completed level 75!:justwait:

Actually, I am looking at my notifications now, and it says that they were automatically deducted.

They deducted one legendary for 100 gold.

And 26 epics for 26000 currency!

This is crap! I was going to exchange the epics into legendary!

This is beyond sneaky and devious, but I probably should have known better with all of the sneakiness going on with the boosters. I feel ripped off. Not cool WG.:angry:

I guess now that the event is done for me, I will go back to trolling nubs again. At least that's one thing that'll make me happy and I won't feel ripped off.:justwait:

I sent this to support.  I don't remember exactly how many Legendary Boosters I had so I am just making a comparison with two other accounts.  I know I had at least the 8 if not many more.  I didn't actually keep track of how many I had because who would have thought they would just disappear.  This will really suck if WOT doesn't resolve this issue especially since others are having the same issue.

"I am on level 33 in the blitz 5 Year Event.  I had at least 8 but probably more Legendary Boosters with 5 sweet boosters that I was waiting to turn into Legendary boosters as soon as I had 3 more sweet boosters.  I was going to use all boosters tomorrow to use them up and see what I could get with them.
All my legendary boosters are gone/missing.  I still have 5 sweet boosters left.  I have NOT used any Boosters as of yet.
Looking at two other accounts one with 23 levels has 6 Legendary Boosters and another with 21 levels has 8 Legendary Boosters.
Since you get more sweet boosters with each mission and the comparable rise in event level, I should have a minimum of 8 Legendary Boosters but as I said they are gone/missing.
What can you do to help resolve this issue with the Legendary boosters before the event is over and they become worthless.  I worked hard to get those Legendary boosters and I would appreciate your help in getting them restored.
Thank you!"

Kubernetes #12 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7174 battles
  • [C33]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 24 June 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

I also noticed that even though the event screen is now gone from my account garage page, the game will still auto activate the legendary boosters which I just bought for 250 gold, even though I'm done with the event.:playing:

I'll have to keep track and make sure to de-activate the boosters before every single match, or they'll get scammed away from me too.:justwait:

I find it extremely sneaky that they auto-activate these boosters every match, even when you've specifically uninstalled them in the booster UI.

They are clearly trying to zero these things out to minimize the gold payouts, and it sucks.

I've decided to stop using the boosters for the remainder of the event so I can similarly convert them all to legendaries before the end, but I slipped up this afternoon and it swiped one to use it. I was kinda miffed, but I'll get over it.

Kubernetes #13 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7174 battles
  • [C33]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 24 June 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

This has bugged me since they initially posted the news blurb about this event.

Did you purchase the 5 legendary boosters AFTER the system deducted everything, or before?

It's made me curious because in the event details, they say they'll give you 100 gold for every legendary booster, but that the only two ways to obtain the boosters are to complete levels in the event and to combine epic boosters into a legendary booster.

It made me wonder if they're going to compensate people 100 gold each for the 5 legendary boosters that were purchased from the store, as that wasn't specifically listed as one of the ways to acquire the boosters that you'd get the gold in exchange for, if that makes sense. (They seem to be the Kings of Fine Print.)

_ImUrHuckleberry #14 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 14437 battles
  • [SRT-A]
:medal::deer::arta::playing:

CA_vampire #15 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26497 battles
  • [MOMB]
Is there anything worth getting after stage 50?

ZebraUp #16 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 24523 battles
  • [_UF_]

View PostCA_vampire, on 25 June 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

Is there anything worth getting after stage 50?

the camo maybe..

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

9_V0LT #17 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9074 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostZebraUp, on 25 June 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

the camo maybe..

​...that you can not put on any of the event tanks

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

originalmadkilla #18 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

View Post9_V0LT, on 25 June 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

​...that you can not put on any of the event tanks

Is that camo even special?:playing:

I think it's been given out before, because I already have it on one of my tanks.:izmena:

And I still have the certificate for the camo which I haven't used yet.:justwait:

joes1500 #19 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20460 battles
  • [P-BOD]
Got an answer back from support and they basically said that I had used all my Legendary boosters up because I didn't shut them off before each battle.  I have told them that the screen that normally comes up to allow you to turn boosters on or off did not come on before the battles.  I have taken videos of a few of these battles and guess what!  The screen where you can turn them on or off didn't show up.  Then in one battle it came on for at most 2 seconds.  It was gone before I could even react.  I have videos and will post if interested.

originalmadkilla #20 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16030 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postjoes1500, on 25 June 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Got an answer back from support and they basically said that I had used all my Legendary boosters up because I didn't shut them off before each battle.  I have told them that the screen that normally comes up to allow you to turn boosters on or off did not come on before the battles.  I have taken videos of a few of these battles and guess what!  The screen where you can turn them on or off didn't show up.  Then in one battle it came on for at most 2 seconds.  It was gone before I could even react.  I have videos and will post if interested.

You can actually toggle that screen on and off I believe and switch between the 2 views. :playing:

It's the same as when you switch between seeing the names of players or not and the minimap on or off.

But yeah, I agree that the whole thing is confusing, dumb and designed to make players lose boosters.:justwait:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users