Murphy's law for the Y5 event

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

plsdontkillmexxx #1 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9864 battles
  • [XHALE]

If you install an Epic booster: Your chances of winning are commensurate with your winrate

If you install a Legendary booster:  Your chances of getting a dud team, of getting steamrolled, of getting the s**t kicked out of your tank, of being trolled, of being abused in chat, of being one shot killed, of getting zero damage, of losing, or all of the above, are 95%.  :)

(did i forget anything?)

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

Bellatormonk #2 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:44 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]
Stop going town in your KV5 just because you are "to slow to climb the hill"?

plsdontkillmexxx #3 Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9864 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBellatormonk, on 25 June 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Stop messaging ppl after a game to abuse them. :) There was method in my madness. The best place for me was the hard level ground where I had some speed and could use the buildings for cover and to to protect my flanks. In the desert with my lack of mobility faster tanks would have destroyed me.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

tedg5 #4 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50711 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Ugg, another townie, they get you killed every time. :arta:

_Cletus #5 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:00 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

Oooooh, now this is a town thread, I have some opinions!

Meds/lights don't like town.  They want to be in the desert where their mobility counts for more, it's easy for them to get around the side of a heavy there.  They can also go hull down.  Their gun depression means they can get shots from a lot of different spots.

Heavies like town for the same reason meds don't.  It's not so easy to get circled, you don't have to worry as much about some speedy tank getting you in the sides and rear.  You can make better use of your best armor which is your frontal armor.  If you're good you can bounce their shots and pen your own.  But there are some heavies that are good for hills or deserts.  Look for heavies with good depression like a T29, or heavies that have good armor all around and not just the front, like a KV-1 or a KV-4.

That said, you need to do what you gotta do to win.  If I'm driving my heavy, and I'm on a map where I think I can personally be more effective in town, before I decide that's where I'm going I need to look at the team.  If I'm the only heavy I need to go support the meds.  One or two heavies in town is going to be pointless.  Are you using the tank to it's full capabilities in the desert?  Maybe not.  Are you maximizing the effectiveness of your team?  Yep.

If I've got a team with a lot of heavies and few meds/lights I'll go ahead and go town.  First, you know the enemy team has a similar makeup and their heavies are gonna go town.  Secondly, when you have a bunch of heavies on your team you know they are going town anyway, so you might as well go ahead and make the best of it.  

The most important point, and this applies to meds and heavies, is to go with your team.  Sure on some maps or circumstances it makes sense to split, but as a general rule going with the team, whether town or hill, will generate more wins.

Edited by _Cletus, 25 June 2019 - 01:00 PM.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Zuke76 #6 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I could've guessed lol

___ez_e___ #7 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

You go contra meta then complain about people upset with you?

Where’s the logic.

If you are going to go contra meta you better more then carry your weight.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM.

Gavidoc01 #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42613 battles
  • [III]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

(did i forget anything?)

You install a legendary and you're the only one on your team with a booster equipped.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

j_rod #9 Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 23661 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post_Cletus, on 25 June 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

Oooooh, now this is a town thread, I have some opinions!

Meds/lights don't like town.  They want to be in the desert where their mobility counts for more, it's easy for them to get around the side of a heavy there.  They can also go hull down.  Their gun depression means they can get shots from a lot of different spots.

Heavies like town for the same reason meds don't.  It's not so easy to get circled, you don't have to worry as much about some speedy tank getting you in the sides and rear.  You can make better use of your best armor which is your frontal armor.  If you're good you can bounce their shots and pen your own.  But there are some heavies that are good for hills or deserts.  Look for heavies with good depression like a T29, or heavies that have good armor all around and not just the front, like a KV-1 or a KV-4.

That said, you need to do what you gotta do to win.  If I'm driving my heavy, and I'm on a map where I think I can personally be more effective in town, before I decide that's where I'm going I need to look at the team.  If I'm the only heavy I need to go support the meds.  One or two heavies in town is going to be pointless.  Are you using the tank to it's full capabilities in the desert?  Maybe not.  Are you maximizing the effectiveness of your team?  Yep.

If I've got a team with a lot of heavies and few meds/lights I'll go ahead and go town.  First, you know the enemy team has a similar makeup and their heavies are gonna go town.  Secondly, when you have a bunch of heavies on your team you know they are going town anyway, so you might as well go ahead and make the best of it.  

The most important point, and this applies to meds and heavies, is to go with your team.  Sure on some maps or circumstances it makes sense to split, but as a general rule going with the team, whether town or hill, will generate more wins.

In general, unless a player is a unicum, they need to go with the team. If I see a player from a good clan go off on their own, I'm not concerned. If I see anyone else go by themselves, I know we're essentially playing down a man.

This is especially true if they go solo in a slow heavy which can't relocate quickly.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

__V_O_P__ #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34006 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostBellatormonk, on 25 June 2019 - 05:44 AM, said:

Wait for it. Any second now he’ll tell you he’s “above average”. 

ZebraUp #11 Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 25394 battles
  • [STPLR]

If you go town on almost any map.. you're doing it wrong.. regardless how slow you think your tank is.. especially Middleburg & Oasis Palms. I don't care if you are in a Tog, T-95, or whatever.. 

TOWN is for SHOPPING & 40%'ers!

*there is no method in your madness.. only madness. One or two or three tanks going town on those maps only ensures the reds have an advantage on the hill or in the dunes leading to a loss.. and even if your entire team goes town it results in a loss well over 50% of the time (i think someone calculated some odds of almost 85% ?) because of the inherent superiority of the fighting positions from on the hill and the dunes.

Edited by ZebraUp, 25 June 2019 - 03:11 PM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

_Cletus #12 Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostZebraUp, on 25 June 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

If you go town on almost any map.. you're doing it wrong.. regardless how slow you think your tank is.. especially Middleburg & Oasis Palms. I don't care if you are in a Tog, T-95, or whatever.. 

TOWN is for SHOPPING & 40%'ers!

*there is no method in your madness.. only madness. One or two or three tanks going town on those maps only ensures the reds have an advantage on the hill or in the dunes leading to a loss.. and even if your entire team goes town it results in a loss well over 50% of the time (i think someone calculated some odds of almost 85% ?) because of the inherent superiority of the fighting positions from on the hill and the dunes.

I'm not a 40%er, yet I can win in town.  There are lots of ways to win this game.  I think town is the wrong choice 65% of the time, but that means it's the right choice 35% of the time.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

_TheKidd_ #13 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3984 battles
  • [RPATH]

View Post_Cletus, on 25 June 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm not a 40%er, yet I can win in town.  There are lots of ways to win this game.  I think town is the wrong choice 65% of the time, but that means it's the right choice 35% of the time.  

So is it like "Sex Panther"?....60% of the time, it works every time.

_Cletus #14 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post_TheKidd_, on 25 June 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

If you ask the majority of forumers, they would say that the towns all smell like "Sex Panther."

:medal:   +1 for the Anchorman reference!

sFkBFSc.jpg

FussyRude #15 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5375 battles
  • [AZUR]
I play heavies and I HATE TOWN
#LoveLuchs

9_V0LT #16 Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:13 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9604 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

There was method in my madness. The best place for me was the hard level ground where I had some speed and could use the buildings for cover and to to protect my flanks. In the desert with my lack of mobility faster tanks would have destroyed me.

This is the single greatest myth in the game. 

Forget about hull down, sidescrapping, blocking and ramming  

Forget about how tanks are designed (the KV line included)

Forget about tactics, movement and enfilading fire. 

If you want to learn about that stuff, then great, but all you really need to remember, is that town is for noobs. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

_Cletus #17 Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:42 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post9_V0LT, on 25 June 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

This is the single greatest myth in the game. 

Forget about hull down, sidescrapping, blocking and ramming  

Forget about how tanks are designed (the KV line included)

Forget about tactics, movement and enfilading fire. 

If you want to learn about that stuff, then great, but all you really need to remember, is that town is for noobs. 

Sidescraping blocking and ramming all happen in town. 

Some tanks are apparently designed for town, think about the E4, Tiger P, the Mutant, all heavily armored in front, not much of an LFP to aim for, these tanks were designed for corridor fighting. 

You still need tactics, movement, and enfilading fire in town.

sFkBFSc.jpg

Fu_Manchu_ #18 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]
I can win in town and do sometimes go town, but my preference is always to go non-town. I only go when my analysis of what my teammates do leads me to the conclusion that town is the best strategy to win (e.g. all the other heavies go town, so I go with them).

AKA HanYolo_.

ZebraUp #19 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 25394 battles
  • [STPLR]

View Post_TheKidd_, on 25 June 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

LOL!!!

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

jahawa #20 Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17702 battles
  • [SPUDX]

This is a given, especially at  Middleburg: the team that controls the hill will win a great majority of the time. The players that cry, "I'm too slow," don't get it. If you have heavy support on the hill, and you wipe out their meds, while their nub heavies went town, it's an easy win.

I don't know how many times we've called hill, the heavies bail out and go town and there you are trying to hold off the red mediums until their heavies arrive and then you are done. So now green is down by 2-3 while the heavies and TD's are shopping, and unknown to them, their shopping spree is about to come to a halt.

"plsdontkillme" doesn't get and I don't think he will anytime soon. His play hasn't improved, he doesn't listen to the advice he is given, then still comes on here and complains. And he wonders why he gets so much push back......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users