• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

originalmadkilla #21 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16144 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostZebraUp, on 25 June 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

If you go town on almost any map.. you're doing it wrong.. regardless how slow you think your tank is.. especially Middleburg & Oasis Palms. I don't care if you are in a Tog, T-95, or whatever.. 

TOWN is for SHOPPING & 40%'ers!

*there is no method in your madness.. only madness. One or two or three tanks going town on those maps only ensures the reds have an advantage on the hill or in the dunes leading to a loss.. and even if your entire team goes town it results in a loss well over 50% of the time (i think someone calculated some odds of almost 85% ?) because of the inherent superiority of the fighting positions from on the hill and the dunes.

There is also another stat which I have been measuring.:playing:

If anybody goes town on certain maps, there is almost a 100% certainty that OMK will have to unfortunately go AFK. That's just how the world works and how things are.:justwait:

Edited by originalmadkilla, 25 June 2019 - 09:09 PM.

9_V0LT #22 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:00 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9899 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post_Cletus, on 25 June 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Sidescraping blocking and ramming all happen in town. 

Some tanks are apparently designed for town, think about the E4, Tiger P, the Mutant, all heavily armored in front, not much of an LFP to aim for, these tanks were designed for corridor fighting. 

You still need tactics, movement, and enfilading fire in town.

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 25 June 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

I can win in town and do sometimes go town, but my preference is always to go non-town. I only go when my analysis of what my teammates do leads me to the conclusion that town is the best strategy to win (e.g. all the other heavies go town, so I go with them).

You know how non-derp gun HE is only useful in very limited and specific situations? So limited, in fact, that it’s usually easier to tell most players to just never use HE?

Just never go town. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

plsdontkillmexxx #23 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post_Cletus, on 26 June 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

I'm not a 40%er, yet I can win in town.  There are lots of ways to win this game.  I think town is the wrong choice 65% of the time, but that means it's the right choice 35% of the time.  

Yes. And often the red team will go to town, or split with some going to town.

If devising successful means of extracting money from their customers were an Olympic event WG would be gold medalists!

plsdontkillmexxx #24 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostGavidoc01, on 25 June 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

You install a legendary and you're the only one on your team with a booster equipped.

yep! and now I'm wondering what's the most candles you can get if every teammate has a booster installed and the team wins?

If devising successful means of extracting money from their customers were an Olympic event WG would be gold medalists!

plsdontkillmexxx #25 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 26 June 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Wait for it. Any second now he’ll tell you he’s “above average”. 

hey! do you know I'm above average?  :)

plsdontkillmexxx #26 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post_Cletus, on 26 June 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

Sidescraping blocking and ramming all happen in town. 

Some tanks are apparently designed for town, think about the E4, Tiger P, the Mutant, all heavily armored in front, not much of an LFP to aim for, these tanks were designed for corridor fighting. 

You still need tactics, movement, and enfilading fire in town.

And slow tanks are even slower on sand, and of course going over uneven ground

plsdontkillmexxx #27 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post___ez_e___, on 25 June 2019 - 11:45 PM, said:

You go contra meta then complain about people upset with you?

Where’s the logic.

If you are going to go contra meta you better more then carry your weight.  

On this occasion another HT went with me. It could have worked out ok, except a powerful TD was there and killed the other tank almost instantly. I manged to half kill the TD before he destroyed me.

plsdontkillmexxx #28 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 26 June 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

I can win in town and do sometimes go town, but my preference is always to go non-town. I only go when my analysis of what my teammates do leads me to the conclusion that town is the best strategy to win (e.g. all the other heavies go town, so I go with them).

So the same as cletus is saying then

plsdontkillmexxx #29 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postjahawa, on 26 June 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is a given, especially at  Middleburg: the team that controls the hill will win a great majority of the time. The players that cry, "I'm too slow," don't get it. If you have heavy support on the hill, and you wipe out their meds, while their nub heavies went town, it's an easy win.

I don't know how many times we've called hill, the heavies bail out and go town and there you are trying to hold off the red mediums until their heavies arrive and then you are done. So now green is down by 2-3 while the heavies and TD's are shopping, and unknown to them, their shopping spree is about to come to a halt.

"plsdontkillme" doesn't get and I don't think he will anytime soon. His play hasn't improved, he doesn't listen to the advice he is given, then still comes on here and complains. And he wonders why he gets so much push back......

Actually on Middleburg I often go onto the hill in a heavy to support the meds.

Gavidoc01 #30 Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:04 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 43670 battles
  • [III]

Town heavy: “I’m slow and have a weak front plate but a strong turret. I can get clear shots and not use my strengths and minimize my weaknesses.  I’m going town!”

Hill Heavy: “I’m slow and have a weak front plate but a strong turret. I can use the dips and small berns to hide my weak spots. Hills I go and tell the team!”

Adaptable Heavy: “Our meds/lights are outgunned and we have too many TDs for effective hill fighting. Better go town and stay in cover minimizing their speed!”

what’s the difference between all the above scenarios?

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Gavidoc01 #31 Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:05 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 43670 battles
  • [III]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

And slow tanks are even slower on sand, and of course going over uneven ground

use the dirt roads when you see them. Helps some with ground resistance. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Kiilu #32 Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23243 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostFussyRude, on 25 June 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I play heavies and I HATE TOWN

I have learned form you guys, but the rest of the world doesn't know that.

__Frostbite #33 Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:35 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 27054 battles
  • [_STR8]
I'd say the town is the right option for about 5%-10% of matches. Yeah, that's it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__Frostbite #34 Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:43 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 27054 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

yep! and now I'm wondering what's the most candles you can get if every teammate has a booster installed and the team wins?

31 when you have the Epic Booster, 81 when you have the Legendary Booster.

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

hey! do you know I'm above average?  :)

You are not above average. WN8 is irrelevant in terms of measuring the competence of a player, and take it from the guy who could brag about his 3000 WN8 in Tier X if he wanted. What is relevant is your winrate and average damage mostly, and spot count, survival rate, kill/death ratio, and damage ratio being minor factors.
https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/plsdontkillmexxx

When your spot rate, damage ratio, and kill ratio are above 1; and your damage/average tier is greater than 200, you can start calling yourself "above average."

If you want a more detailed explanation about WN8 and why it's not relevant as you may think, feel free to ask.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plsdontkillmexxx #35 Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post_Ntwadumela, on 26 June 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

31 when you have the Epic Booster, 81 when you have the Legendary Booster.

Thanks

You are not above average. WN8 is irrelevant in terms of measuring the competence of a player

I'm only quoting blitzstars, but I don't care what it says I am. I only mention it to annoy some posters. :)  I play for recreational enjoyment and just concentrate on damaging and destroying tanks and battle and team tactics and winning games. It's a good feeling being the top player (win or lose), or to have won the game for the team, or destroyed the most tanks, etc., :)

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 26 June 2019 - 05:27 AM.

BorisBaddenov #36 Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:05 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 June 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

I play for recreational enjoyment and just concentrate on damaging and destroying tanks and battle and team tactics and winning games. 

If you honestly concentrate on team tactics and winning games - then you would actually listen to the really good players when they tell you to not go hill.   But you don't listen, which proves that the statement quoted above is nothing but a flat out lie.

Yes  - I called you a liar - right to your face.  Not joking either.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

___ez_e___ #37 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63260 battles
  • [GORT]

View Post_Ntwadumela, on 25 June 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

If you want a more detailed explanation about WN8 and why it's not relevant as you may think, feel free to ask.

No way.  The pretty colors are the fastest way I get a snapshot on a player.  Of course I look at other stats, but visually the color just pops out faster then reading numbers.   It’s still a decent measure, a snap shot measure.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 26 June 2019 - 10:44 PM.

Destroy0 #38 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 21933 battles
  • [FRS17]
Had a 183 tell me to go town in my leo on that very map. I laughed as I drove straight to C and actually acomplished something. We lost, but I knew I had made the right call.

plsdontkillmexxx #39 Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9984 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 27 June 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

If you honestly concentrate on team tactics and winning games - then you would actually listen to the really good players when they tell you to not go hill.   But you don't listen, which proves that the statement quoted above is nothing but a flat out lie.

Yes  - I called you a liar - right to your face.  Not joking either.

Am I supposed to care?

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 27 June 2019 - 04:47 AM.

BorisBaddenov #40 Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:03 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 26 June 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

Am I supposed to care?

Up to you to decide.   I just feel badly that you did not have parents who taught you integrity.   Lie all you want.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users