So...Real Mode?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Bellatormonk #1 Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]
WG what was the result in terms of participation?  Stats, etc?  Was this a one off or something to be brought back?  Any valid discussion on making it the new game mode or to many people rely on the RNG and Hit Zone crutches to "enjoy" playing and consider themselves good at the Hello Kitty Regular Mode?

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

_Cletus #2 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23438 battles
  • [HAHA]

I get the feeling that you and I were the biggest fans of realistic mode, based on the forums anyway.  I don't think it was super popular, and I didn't expect it to be because it's a little bit harder than regular blitz, and regular blitz is jam packed with nubs that can't tell their [edited] from a hole in the ground.  I would submit the long wait times towards the end as proof of it's unpopularity.

I would guess that they'll bring it back from time to time like they do with mad games.  However, in my wildest of fantasies [at least my wildest fantasies not involving soccer butts] it's possible that it was real popular on the russian server.  I consider the russian server to be the most influential, so if all the uni's from there loved it maybe there's a slim chance it could be a permanent game mode, and an even slimmer chance that the spotting and RNG changes would be introduced into regular gameplay.  I doubt it though.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Ronin_23 #3 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14207 battles
  • [-INV-]

Nobody ever even hinted at Realistic Mode becoming the primary means of playing Blitz. That was you and the other fanatics. You'd also probably have better luck waiting for the next update notes or asking on Discord.

Bellatormonk #4 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:29 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]
Guess I might to learn Russian.  I tell ya..if I could transfer my account/tanks to the Russian server I would.  I would even pay real cash to do so.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

_Cletus #5 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:55 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23438 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBellatormonk, on 25 June 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Guess I might to learn Russian.  I tell ya..if I could transfer my account/tanks to the Russian server I would.  I would even pay real cash to do so.

The lag would kill you though.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

WhiskeyCyclone #6 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21537 battles
  • [LONR]
If it was a hit there wouldn’t have been such eternal wait times to get in a game, once people got their rewards they went back to normal mode. I do expect it to return periodically, just like mad games. But as it stands now, they need to either do a better job advertising realistic mode or give us better incentives or both. 

Keep it old school. 

godzilla5599_warrior #7 Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 608 battles
I didn't think it was anything special however I think it did prove that RNG is out of control and seriously this is a game of luck and not skill....

minitel_NA #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I don’t think it caught on even in the EU.

people including me really called for it for months, if not even years.

Yet once facing the grizzlee, it was too much to take at once.

noobs or unicums almike have built habits, they can reliably perform something.

once this is taken away and they need to build something new from scratch they don’t like it.

i did. But it seems I was alone in the entire server.

the rest of them flew far away, 

just like supremacy, if the game had been released as supremacy, nobody would ever play encounters.

but it came the other way around, and therefore when supramch came out all what people wanted was a way to turn it off, 

and even after supremacy was made mandatory for missions, tournaments, and so on, 

some of the folks still try to stay as far away from it as possible.

seeing how realistic was even further change from the classics, it’s no wonder it didn’t catch.

human are creature of habits, they get conservative by nature.

anyways, that’s too bad.

the only mistake I could blame the devs for, was to have picked maps with line of sight from spawn to spawn.

i don’t get it, how could they think everything through but not this, not even in testing ?

russian quality control is an oxymoron.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

4sfield #9 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33083 battles
  • [-1]

View PostBellatormonk, on 25 June 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Any valid discussion on making it the new game mode or to many people rely on the RNG and Hit Zone crutches to "enjoy" playing and consider themselves good at the Hello Kitty Regular Mode?

View Postgodzilla5599_warrior, on 25 June 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

I didn't think it was anything special however I think it did prove that RNG is out of control and seriously this is a game of luck and not skill....

I can buy into this. The skill taken out of the game has made it less attractive to play.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

j0nn0 #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19046 battles
  • [XREGS]
I liked it but some of the mechanics need work such as the lock-on in 3rd person view from across map. The playerbase itself needs a buff for realistic mode to be successful, however.

Words to live by

I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.

Vantablack12 #11 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 11422 battles
  • [K9]
I loved realistic mode and had no problems. I really want to see it come back.
I cant find anything to put here.

__Crusader6__ #12 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58761 battles
  • [-C6-]

I was rather ‘meh’ about ‘Realistic’ Mode. 

To me it was 1) either too much was jammed in at once, or 2) Not far enough towards ‘hardcore’ mode. 

Neither Fish, nor Fowl one could also say.   

For those who who had tens of thousands of games and are used to running over 60% with the standard mechanics it was a bit of a shock.  The game was just so different. 

But then you still had your Minimap- to me for a realism mode - it’s got to go.   BlueForce Tracker/ Tracker II didn’t exist in the 40-70’s, heck it wasn’t around for GWI   

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

boris55555 #13 Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:46 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 23063 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 25 June 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

I was rather ‘meh’ about ‘Realistic’ Mode. 

To me it was 1) either too much was jammed in at once, or 2) Not far enough towards ‘hardcore’ mode. 

Neither Fish, nor Fowl one could also say.   

For those who who had tens of thousands of games and are used to running over 60% with the standard mechanics it was a bit of a shock.  The game was just so different. 

But then you still had your Minimap- to me for a realism mode - it’s got to go.   BlueForce Tracker/ Tracker II didn’t exist in the 40-70’s, heck it wasn’t around for GWI   

platypus mode 

bummer, someone erased my signature. More dribbling excellence.

VonMiller58 #14 Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 31721 battles
  • [JFGF]

Loved it

Haven't played Hardcore mode...Realistic mode was great fun and made blitz feel fresh again 

Could use some tinkering but it could be an asset to blitz as a game

If it became a regular mode I would spend money again

o...:...:I:...:...o

krietenstein34 #15 Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28965 battles
  • [HAHA]
Noobs only got wait times. ... I didn't have a problem getting in.    I enjoyed it.  It made regular mode better too
:girl:

I_Maverick_I #16 Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:48 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 23585 battles

I won my 30 battles or so, got the camo, moved on. Wasn't terribly impressed. 

it did impress on me one thing though: my situational awareness without red spotted arrows is pretty bad. Sometimes there'd be an enemy right behind me and I wouldn't notice until I got shot.

Find me on the official Blitz discord server or send me a PM on the forums if you want to contact me. I quit playing. Yeah.

Immel_man #17 Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54743 battles
  • [YODA_]
I think it’s got potential. Some of the mechanics need a tweak like spotting shouldn’t be infinite. I really liked not having hitskins though. It’s close but not there yet.

I’d keep playing it for more bad [edited] “realistic camos”. That’s the one thing they got 100

Edited by Immel_man, 26 June 2019 - 06:35 AM.

minitel_NA #18 Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostImmel_man, on 26 June 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

I think it’s got potential. Some of the mechanics need a tweak like spotting shouldn’t be infinite. I really liked not having hitskins though. It’s close but not there yet.

I’d keep playing it for more bad [edited] “realistic camos”. That’s the one thing they got 100

I’m not sure about the viewrange.

the normal mechanics is awfully complex and finicky. The only good part is that everyone got used to it, even players without a clue how it works. 

Line of sight is simple and efficient, maybe too much so. and certainly was one of the main reason everyone got caught off guard. Every sniping position was now useless. On the other hand because of not needing someone to spot for you, new long range position, more of an ambush style, was possible. The result is a shift of the entire map movement and position, and eventually of both personal and team strategy, that nobody even had time to take a grasp of.

on the other hand what to replace it with ? If that’s with The current system but slightly different metrics, then it’s just not enough to make it a new game. And if that’s a new mechanics, then again it will be new, people with years of training will not grasp it, and will hate it very fast. 

minitel_NA #19 Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Ntwadumela, on 26 June 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

I won my 30 battles or so, got the camo, moved on. Wasn't terribly impressed. 

it did impress on me one thing though: my situational awareness without red spotted arrows is pretty bad. Sometimes there'd be an enemy right behind me and I wouldn't notice until I got shot.

and now I find myself looking across the entire map checking the small tree that start moving on their own... 

However I’m sure that newly acquired habit will soon dwindle away.

ovrall I need to say I miss that frantic feeling when last in game and any building or rock in any direction and any distance at any time can see tanks coming out... ooof that much adrenaline had not been pumping in my veins for a long time.

Edited by minitel_NA, 26 June 2019 - 09:55 AM.

Kaos_Dynamo #20 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22980 battles
  • [7CAV]

Realistic mode was awesome. It was difficult in a refreshing way. Camo was actually useful! For me, it was the new paranoia feeling that was most excellent. It really exposed how “Hello Kitty” the regular mode is. Props to whoever started that.

I did not have any issues with wait times.

I’ll keep proposing that realistic mode be used for ranked battles. Right now, ranked battles don’t offer anything different. If it was in realistic mode, I would play nothing but that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users