• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

minitel_NA #1 Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

There are a couple of bugs with auto-aim. In BLITZv 6.0

I play on iPad, with the “new auto-aim” option.
i have played like this since the new choice has been available,
i played through the first month with the stupid bug where it shot randomly anywhere, as well as after it was fixed and ever since.

It seems that another few bugs are still provided free of charge.

in that game played today :
My gun is fully locked onto target.
but the shot always go to the nearest edge of target and misses, 4 times in a row, 
You can check the replay below
https://wotinspector...45e99d7677b8b91

Shot# 1
02:04 - against IS-7 edit:ST-1
it shoots above the tank. Howww ? how can auto-aim lock ABOVE an enemy tank ?
this shot shows that it is not wrongly aimed. It is aligned with the enemy, but sticking to the outer edge of the tank.
in map inspector  gun elevation doesn’t seem to be displayed, but we can see how the gun shoots ridiculously up.

shot#2
02:31 - against OBJ268
it shoots to the left and hits the very extreme last pixel left of the tank And bruises the tracks
At this site I was suspecting lag and stayed immobile, aimed fully, and enemy wasn’t moving,
this proves it isn’t lag. Also the replay is smooth, there is no loss of packets or huge jumps in the game.
My guess is that the aim was stuck to the edge and dispersion still made me hit. 

Shots #3
02:47 - against obj268,
AGAIN it was fully aimed, enemy wasn’t really moving, and it still shoots the extreme left of the obj , misses, and hits the E100.

Shot#4
03:14 - against bat chat
it is the most extreme case, very clear when seen in map inspector. I’m very close, I’m aiming at batchat, but the gun sticks to the edge of batchat and I miss, however immediately upon shooting the gun aligns back onto batchat.
this last shot proves it’s not due to lag. Why would the gun refuse to continue its movement to the right and sticks left, then suddenly comes back after I shot?

This with the shot against is7 where it sticks above the enemy shows that it is a matter of sticking to the edge rather than being lag or bad aim. The repeatability of the issue shows that it is something in the code that systematically created the error. 

Please fix it.

also : for a couple of updates now, the auto-aim always sticks to the farthest tank available, instead of locking on your target. This is extremely annoying as well.

Edited by minitel_NA, 27 June 2019 - 11:14 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

SuperMax812 #2 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17073 battles
  • [_V2_]

I mean, the Obj. 268 particularity doesn't have the best accuracy for a TD, considering how Russian Tanks Have Amazing Accuracy Thanks To Russian Bias very bad dispersion values. For the IS-7, I'm pretty sure it wasn't enough depression to aim at the tank. For the bat chat, i'm not sure.

World of Tanks Blitz is A Fair & Balanced Game...
Like Really it is...
Don't Lie, it really is...
trust me :v
https://www.youtube....h?v=GRxofEmo3HA

minitel_NA #3 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostSuperMax812, on 27 June 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

I mean, the Obj. 268 particularity doesn't have the best accuracy for a TD, considering how Russian Tanks 

No because I was driving a grille and I sat there until it was aimed.

View PostSuperMax812, on 27 June 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

For the IS-7, I'm pretty sure it wasn't enough depression to aim at the tank. For the bat chat, i'm not sure.

Yes i had plenty enough of gun depression at hand and this is how the shot looks like in map inspector :

Edited by minitel_NA, 27 June 2019 - 11:15 AM.

minitel_NA #4 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Edit I realized I all the enemy is-7 everywhere, that was my ally.

i should have called the target ST-1 and I changed the OP accordingly. 

Doesnt change one bit what has happened in game. 

4sfield #5 Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33147 battles
  • [-1]

I've been experiencing the same thing for months, shots not flying where they're aimed and especially so while driving a TD. I chalked it up to WG nerfing what you can do for the benefit of the nubs. Its been like this for a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have the shot land near where you are aiming.

For them to fix anything they 1st have to realize something is wrong. I don't see that happening. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users