Any bodybuilder/really fit person here?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Faber711 #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:56 AM

Casual Coffee drinking tanker

• Players
  • 16876 battles
  • [SVJG]

Hi, 17 here( 18 by aug), 163pds and 5'8 or 5'7 1/2.

Ive been researching a bit about how to grow muscle and i thought ive come here to the off topic section of blitz to ask if anyone know any advice on how to build musle at a "fast" rate, what foods to eat, or anything really.

Just thought since i'm past highschool now that I can perhaps take this break to improve my body rather than just sit around at home grinding to the maus.

Side note: any tips on how to grow taller haha, people say 5'8 is short 

Uhhhhh burgers are just sandwiches that are round

CondorofTanks #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17859 battles
  • [ZIPPO]
For abs, I think crunches work. I know they are not the best for buring calories, but I heard that they work for building abdominals

T34 Indy should get the eagle attachment.

-Condor

1024664335.png

_potato__salad_ #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3905 battles
  • [LMFA0]

One, get a membership at a fitness center. Two, go everyday.....everyday mininum an hour. They can set you up with a good workout designed for your specific goal. Don't worry about your height it makes your muscles look bigger. Oh and do not quit, grind through it no matter how crappy you feel the first couple months, by month 3 if you do this you will see an astonishing transformation. Keep doing it till you die.

Edited by _potato__salad_, 28 June 2019 - 06:43 AM.

Player_5773117413 #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

I've had people tell me you are what you eat and that is kinda true. Chicken (or insert some other protein here) and rice is always a good meal. Eggs and oatmeal are a good choice for breakfast, and nuts are a protein filled snack if you get hungry on the go.

As far as the workouts, nail down the technique first. That is important in targeting the muscle groups you want to work on as well as avoiding injury down the road. You do not want a bad back from goofing up deadlifts, plain and simple.

On my off days, I try doing light bodyweight exercises but I don't know if it really does anything. Pace it out and actually have those off days, though. Especially when first starting. The body needs rest to rebuild. When we were doing PT nearly every day in officer school, it took a toll on quite a few folks and they started dragging their broken [insert body part here] to sick call. Not fun and definitely not beneficial to their end goal.

Oh, and find a workout buddy. Going solo leaves less of a safety net against losing motivation.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

acrisis #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Here is the big one: go for healthy

Skip junk food, get off sodas, ideally minimize / avoid heavily processed food as well. No empty calories. 

The above will take time. I used to be a candy and soda addict as a kid and young adult. Now I have one soda a week on average. We actually have a soda fridge, and don’t stock it with soda, but with water and kombucha these days. 

Unless I am on the road, driving long distance, flying, at a party ... then it is harder to stick to water. Ditto for fast food. Now it is more on an “ emergency basis “ ( starving, nowhere near home, need to eat something ) or an on the road convenience ( have n-nn hours, no option for a healthier brown bag lunch ) but you can still pick small & healthy options. 

Then go for fitness. 

Work on both cardio and muscle. Just doing muscle and not being able to run 500m is ...

Do whole body. That way you remain in balance and have a bigger variety of exercises to rotate through. Because the guys that only do arms & shoulders and walk around with huge biceps and broad shoulders on two skinny toothpicks legs, look ...  Anybody who I have met who is into it purely for the muscle / big body; is not healthy. Seen it too many times. Imposing muscles, super strong, lifting whatever huge amounts ... but don’t expect them to run, swim, climb, ... or do any sport that involves more than standing and very brief runs. 

Use caution. Don’t overdo it. Initial ramp up of weights is tempting and can be easy, depending on your current fitness level; but get the form right and ease your way in with a couple weeks of light weights. Depends a little on your current activity and fitness level, let your body guide you, ease into it. Getting the 3x10 reps in with perhaps a bit more weight for the final ten. Do not start with figuring out how much you currently can do, you won’t be able to move in two days, may get injured, ..... 

The repetitions are far more important than doing only 5-8 at max weight. Then after you have established a bit, do one set for warmup, followed by two sets at a higher weight, whether both the same or later with maybe a short fourth set going up a bit more. 

Rotate the big muscle groups when you start to ramp up ( leg day, upper body day, ... ) typically the crunches and arms stuff I did daily. 

Do not go to the gym every day. Give your body some time off. 

Expect to notice you body to start changing in a couple months.

Expect people to notice a few months later, once the fat is burned, muscles start to build. 

Oh, don’t do any of the stupid “magic” supplements or worse ... 

The only thing I indulged in after going to the small independent gym I used to go to, which was run by a licensed physical therapist, was a vanilla protein shake at the health bar, before heading out the door.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

ur_my_target #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

"Cleared Hot"

• Players
  • 38886 battles
  • [TOES]

Make an investment in a good bench, preferably with the situp option at the end for crunches.      Get you a complete set of dumbells to do both chest and arm routines.     For cardio, setup a 2 or 3 mile run if possible at least 3 times a week (I'm old so i've replaced this with a eliptical).     Alternate body parts you work on meaning, don't do same body part on consectutive days.       Gym not really needed:)

Forgot to touch on diet.....think this part is gonna be the hardest for you at ur age.      I don't drink sodas at all.....no junk food at all....I eat fruit and granolas bars for breakfast....rice and chicken and really no processed meats like someone mentioned earlier.       

Edited by ur_my_target, 28 June 2019 - 11:24 AM.

_Cletus #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
Get a girlfriend, bang constantly.  It's a great workout.  You won't build much mass, but it burns those calories and some people think it's kind of fun too.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

__The_Dude_30__ #8 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [CRU2L]

I do kind of a body builder style workout. It’s great for building muscle. Every day you should isolote a muscle or two and focus on them. I do a chest and tricep day, and back and bicep day, a shoulder day, and a leg day. After leg day, take a day off, and start the cycle over again. I would recommend going for 4 sets of 6-8 reps in each exercise. You really need to make sure you don’t go too heavy, because it’s extremely easy to hurt yourself. But, you also don’t want to go too light, because you won’t get as much out of your workouts. It’s better to be cautious and go too light than going too heavy though. There are tons of exercises you can do, but I’m going to list some ones that are pretty important:

Chest and tricep: Bench press, inclined bench press, and either tricep extensions or tricep pulldowns.

Back and bicep: Some form of a Row, and some form of bicep curls.

Shoulder: Shoulder press and possibly a standing row.

Legs: Squats 

As far as diet, it’s really important to eat protein. Avoid Carbohydrates and sugars, those are the real killers. Don’t worry about fat, carbs and sugars are what to look out for. 

It doesn’t hurt to add some cardio in there either. I made the mistake of focusing on just weight for a year or 2. As a result, there’s definitely some fat on my body that shouldn’t be there. It really hurts muscle definition. Lately, I’ve been doing weights one day, and then cardio the next day, as well as doing cardio on my day off from weights. I do a high intensity cardio workout that only lasts 20 minutes but is super grueling. I know some people say that cardio kills gains, but only minimally. It also keeps you lean and your muscles looking big and definined. 

I think that’s it. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up.

One more thing. If you can, join a gym. It’s more ideal. However, if you can’t that’s okay. I live out in the middle of no where, so I do it at home. I have a set of adjustable dumbbells. They are amazingly versatile. I use them for almost all of my weight exercises. Then, you’ll need a bench. And if you want to do cardio, probably either a treadmill or an elliptical.

OK, another thing. As far as diet, try intermittent fasting. That means that you stop eating around 8 pm, skip breakfast, and then eat lunch around 11:30-12:00. It really helps you eat better because there are only 2 meals in your day now.

P.S. I am also 5’8

Edited by __The_Dude_30__, 28 June 2019 - 06:58 PM.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

___ez_e___ #9 Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62016 battles
  • [GORT]

View Post_Cletus, on 28 June 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Get a girlfriend, bang constantly.  It's a great workout.  You won't build much mass, but it burns those calories and some people think it's kind of fun too.

So what does you workout consist of?

5 set of 10 reps? 

Or 

1 set of 100s of reps?

Is 60 secs considered a workout?   Lol

hmmmmmmm

:medal:

Edited by ___ez_e___, 02 July 2019 - 12:02 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users