Jump to content


Best line.


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

LIGHTS___OUT #21 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

    Welcome to the Dark Side

  • Players
  • 38376 battles
  • 615
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015
Grinding is for noobs, Just buy a T-22 and be done with it.

                                                

                                                                         

        


DirtyRabbit #22 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:57 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 327 battles
  • 16
  • [FROZE]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View PostLIGHTS___OUT, on 12 July 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Grinding is for noobs, Just buy a T-22 and be done with it.

I am playing the game for fun and the aspect of having tanks from a time past. I'll grind. Holding above 60% win rate so far. I'll keep at it.



DirtyRabbit #23 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:00 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 327 battles
  • 16
  • [FROZE]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 11 July 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

 

Don't worry about trying to complete the lines yet.  I'd just go up to tier 5 or 6 and keep an eye on your 30 day winrate [blitzstars.com].  If you can maintain a WR above 50% for 30 days in the tier 5, go ahead and move up to tier 6.  If you're below, keep on working on the tier.  Most of the old players regret screwing up their stats when they were new.

Okay thank you I will. I am all about stats always have been. I have a very competitive edge. I have above 60% win rate so far not sure if that is good or not but I am steadily trying to improve. The forums have helped with sources to get better a ton.



Silver_Lions #24 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

    Illegitimi non Carborundum

  • Players
  • 20230 battles
  • 1,159
  • [GHOST]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View PostBlartch, on 11 July 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

I'm fairly partial to Berkeley Trilene, although I still have about seven miles of Stren inherited from my grandfather that I'm still slowly working through.

 

What an amateur....Obviously your trailer home ( yeah so what its a double wide...), upbringing allows you to use Trilene and Stren as trimmer line. I currently use Stihls' .080 green line to disperse the heavy Kentucky Blue Grass that insults my eyesight on the sidewalk edge.  Universal .060, and Echo .080 trimmer line is more brittle than Joe Biden's mind.   However someone mentioned braided line, which I will try if I can unwind it off the 500 feet of paracord I have in the garage.

Oh wait OP -  you meant....


Edited by Silver_Lions, 12 July 2019 - 03:43 AM.


Ronin_23 #25 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15696 battles
  • 453
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
The best way to master every important aspect of the game is to play up the FV215b 183 line. It is a machine that demands and emphasizes skill and technique, much like a BMW.

ironconch25 #26 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

    Water Closet Warrior

  • Players
  • 61410 battles
  • 89
  • [-VWV-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Stren hi-vis gold (to see the line) line with fluorocarbon (so fish can’t see line) leader. Great for rivers and streams.

minitel_NA #27 Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,180
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostDirtyRabbit, on 11 July 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

What is the best Medium tank, Nation and line to grind.  I currently have a kv1, and tier V America heavy. So I am going those routes for heavy tank. Just wondering what medium tank line is the best to grind?

 

31 battles for real ?

this game takes 1000s of battle to get the first grasp.

the best line ? The best line to start this game is the one you are currently grinding. Soviet heavies. 

When you are satisfied, try some td and maybe then the noob friendly Soviet medium or maybe American if you feel patriotic. They are okay except Pershing.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


minitel_NA #28 Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:10 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,180
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 11 July 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

The American line is great up to and including tier 6. It can easily compete against the Russian medium line as long as you know how to abuse gun depression. Beyond tier 6, Russians all the way.

 

The Germans are not so straight forward. The VK 30.01 P is a fantastic tier 6 medium but that line switches to heavies at tier 7 (the Tiger P is also a fantastic tier 7 tank). The Panther to E 50 line really stinks until you hit the E 50. I am terrible in the E 50 but I hear a lot of good things about it. The Leopard line is pretty mediocre until you get to tier IX.

 

Conclusion: if you're running the line all the way to tier X, then the Ruskie line is the best one. There isn't really any weak link in the Russian medium line.

 

Hey. No.

luchs used to be hyper op and was still okay

minileo used to be hyper OP and is still okay

though no one experienced plays below tier6 anyways 

 

then

vk28 used to be OP and is still excellent

RU was very good and is still very good

the 2 top leos are good tanks once fully researched even if tier 10 leo starts to feel a bit old

 

what did you find pretty mediocre before leo ?


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


4sfield #29 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 33335 battles
  • 5,297
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostBlartch, on 11 July 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

I'm fairly partial to Berkeley Trilene, although I still have about seven miles of Stren inherited from my grandfather that I'm still slowly working through.

 

 

View PostSilver_Lions, on 11 July 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

What an amateur....Obviously your trailer home ( yeah so what its a double wide...), upbringing allows you to use Trilene and Stren as trimmer line. I currently use Stihls' .080 green line to disperse the heavy Kentucky Blue Grass that insults my eyesight on the sidewalk edge.  Universal .060, and Echo .080 trimmer line is more brittle than Joe Biden's mind.   However someone mentioned braided line, which I will try if I can unwind it off the 500 feet of paracord I have in the garage.

Oh wait OP -  you meant....


  Neither one of you are wrong.

 

  I use Trilene XL Clear because it casts farther and doesn’t twist up on my spinning rigs. It sucks to get twisted up when you’re standing in 3 feet of water while you untangle and your fishing partner catches fish after fish while you’re picking out knots. 

 

  I use Stihl .95/2.4mm orange on my trimmer because the trimmer is so powerful that if I use anything else the line just melts away if I hit anything solid and I end up having to replace line more often. It’s also strong enough to kill a snake if I happen to uncover one while I’m trimming.


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


_Cletus #30 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 24569 battles
  • 4,032
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post4sfield, on 12 July 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

 


  Neither one of you are wrong.

 

  I use Trilene XL Clear because it casts farther and doesn’t twist up on my spinning rigs. It sucks to get twisted up when you’re standing in 3 feet of water while you untangle and your fishing partner catches fish after fish while you’re picking out knots. 

 

  I use Stihl .95/2.4mm orange on my trimmer because the trimmer is so powerful that if I use anything else the line just melts away if I hit anything solid and I end up having to replace line more often. It’s also strong enough to kill a snake if I happen to uncover one while I’m trimming.

 

I'm on 25 acres with about 10 acres cleared and a raised driveway running the length of it with rip-rap on the sides.  I go through some trimmer string.  Although I don't necessarily have a preferred brand I buy the thickest most dangerous string I can find.  I'm sure it would kill a snake, but I always prefer to pick them up and stare them in the eyes before I bite their heads off and use their blood and organs in ritualistic voodoo ceremonies.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

__V_O_P__ #31 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32661 battles
  • 565
  • [CURSD]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View PostRonin_23, on 12 July 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

The best way to master every important aspect of the game is to play up the FV215b 183 line. It is a machine that demands and emphasizes skill and technique, much like a BMW.

 

...coz D-Bags don't drive BMWs or 183s...

 

No. Wait. That’s not right. 



_Cletus #32 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 24569 battles
  • 4,032
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post__V_O_P__, on 12 July 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

 

...coz D-Bags don't drive BMWs or 183s...

 

No. Wait. That’s not right. 

 

Ha!  Ronin has never driven a BMW, they are extremely easy to drive, they almost drive themselves.  He should have reference the 90's Porsche 911 Carrera.  It's an extremely fast, capable car, but it's only available in a stick, it doesn't come with any of that traction control wussy [edited], it's just a hardcore car for those that really know how to drive.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

Morphman11 #33 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 843
  • [2WEAK]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
Fluorocarbon stretches too much. A solid mono is effective for most type of fishing other than heavy brush in which fluorocarbon is a better choice. Good braid is useful for heavy weeds.

Fu_Manchu_ #34 Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11487 battles
  • 3,386
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View Postminitel_NA, on 12 July 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

 

Hey. No.

luchs used to be hyper op and was still okay

minileo used to be hyper OP and is still okay

though no one experienced plays below tier6 anyways 

 

then

vk28 used to be OP and is still excellent

RU was very good and is still very good

the 2 top leos are good tanks once fully researched even if tier 10 leo starts to feel a bit old

 

what did you find pretty mediocre before leo ?

 

I agree about the VK 28 and RU. I was specifically referencing the medium route to the Leos though, since that is what OP asked about. The VK 30.01 D is inferior to the 30.01 P and the VK 28. The 30.02 D is weak and the Indien is mediocre at best. That's what I find mediocre about that line.

 

I'll mostly ignore the fully researched part because, even at tier IX, the grind to fully researched is usually only a small part of the full usage of a tank and we have access to free XP.

 

The German light line is very nice except the SP I C. The Luchs is the only 5.5 victim that I would say I miss.


Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 12 July 2019 - 04:46 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.


Blartch #35 Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 60768 battles
  • 8,236
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

View Post__V_O_P__, on 12 July 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

 

...coz D-Bags don't drive BMWs or 183s...

 

No. Wait. That’s not right. 

View PostSilver_Lions, on 11 July 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

What an amateur....Obviously your trailer home ( yeah so what its a double wide...), upbringing allows you to use Trilene and Stren as trimmer line. I currently use Stihls' .080 green line to disperse the heavy Kentucky Blue Grass that insults my eyesight on the sidewalk edge.  Universal .060, and Echo .080 trimmer line is more brittle than Joe Biden's mind.   However someone mentioned braided line, which I will try if I can unwind it off the 500 feet of paracord I have in the garage.

Oh wait OP -  you meant....


For brush trimming, I've been using goats.  For that, the Boer line is probably best if you don't want to be bothered milking, and occasionally wouldn't mind eating something kinda like deer (but slightly easier to catch)



DirtyRabbit #36 Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 327 battles
  • 16
  • [FROZE]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Postminitel_NA, on 12 July 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

 

31 battles for real ?

this game takes 1000s of battle to get the first grasp.

the best line ? The best line to start this game is the one you are currently grinding. Soviet heavies. 

When you are satisfied, try some td and maybe then the noob friendly Soviet medium or maybe American if you feel patriotic. They are okay except Pershing.

I agree but dont know why it shows 31 battles I have a couple hundred under my belt so far. Guess same reason it only shows you as having 400 battles.


Edited by DirtyRabbit, 12 July 2019 - 07:24 PM.


nicog45 #37 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16592 battles
  • 306
  • [-MM]
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 11 July 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

The Russian medium line is very good. I would recommend the T62A at tier X. It is also a more forgiving line than say something like the Leopard 1 line. I think the M48 line is also pretty solid, but I haven’t ground it yet.

Wouldn’t recommend the M48 line for beginners. T20 and M46 are very skill-intensive.


Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy


ShootinSabot #38 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Excelling at Mediocrity

  • Players
  • 20852 battles
  • 994
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2016

View PostBlartch, on 11 July 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'm fairly partial to Berkeley Trilene, although I still have about seven miles of Stren inherited from my grandfather that I'm still slowly working through.

 

Whoosh

:)


                                      

Full time Spud, part time potato 

              Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 


minitel_NA #39 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,180
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostDirtyRabbit, on 12 July 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I agree but dont know why it shows 31 battles I have a couple hundred under my belt so far. Guess same reason it only shows you as having 400 battles.


I have 70K battles in the EU.

I’m posting in the NA forums because the EU forums saw ups and downs and is now mostly bottom up :/


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Silver_Lions #40 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

    Illegitimi non Carborundum

  • Players
  • 20230 battles
  • 1,159
  • [GHOST]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View PostBlartch, on 12 July 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:


For brush trimming, I've been using goats.  For that, the Boer line is probably best if you don't want to be bothered milking, and occasionally wouldn't mind eating something kinda like deer (but slightly easier to catch)


I should never try to outblartch the one known as Blartch!   Touche' my friend!

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users