The most frustrating way to lose Supremacy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

instantsiv #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

I'd venture to say 10-25% of my supremacy losses are because people will not stop fighting while they're ahead on points and die.

This last time we are within 10 points and I was SCREAMING

STOP GETTING SHOT

POINTS WIN

GET BEHIND THE BUILDING

STOP DYING

10 f-ing points.

Dude got killed and we lost.

boppinbobby #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51379 battles
  • [HJG2]

I dunno, having the advantage on tanks and losing on point coz they also won't stop fighting is up there. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

Rance #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1217 battles

^^^^^^

That happens to me more often. They get the bases and we are running around shooting things while the points keep ticking...guess what?

Holy_Outlaw #4 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29243 battles
  • [501DV]
Yea I see this a lot and it makes you feel helpless as you see it coming. Another bad way to lose is have the last tank be a one shot, a fast tank and the remaining tanks alive are slow. He runs around and caps, then runs away out of sight. I have been on both sides of this. Got some dirty kolo's from it, and a lot of screaming profanities in global chat from reds, and in pvt messages too how I didn't deserve the kolo or the win lol! 

Morphman11 #5 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Because some people prefer to actually shoot at stuff rather than hide behind buildings.

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35483 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postinstantsiv, on 11 July 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

I'd venture to say 10-25% of my supremacy losses are because people will not stop fighting while they're ahead on points and die.

This last time we are within 10 points and I was SCREAMING

STOP GETTING SHOT

POINTS WIN

GET BEHIND THE BUILDING

STOP DYING

10 f-ing points.

Dude got killed and we lost.

Not to be rude but if you had time to type all those messages out it seems that you were dead already. Your death cost you that game. Had you survived, the counter would’ve hit 1000.

Revenant525 #7 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:36 PM

HMFIC

• Players
  • 36474 battles
  • [BBC1]

I have played supremacy, enjoyed playing it with team mates that know HOW TO PLAY it, but will not play it with random players because most don't know the difference between supremacy and encounter, they just run around and shoot tanks. I say get rid of supremacy

Kiwi_Kebab #8 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1296 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
Supremacy has to be approached differently than encounter. Vineyards, for example, should be played differently in supremacy, in that 2 bases should be taken and held.  There's no need to become overly offensive once 2 bases are procurred.

minitel_NA #9 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Supremacy is an entirely different game from encounter. 

However, the difference might be extremely subtle at times.

i have seen many Unis and super Unis struggle, many of them still avoid supremacy.

this said, one thing won’t change.

the noobs will camp in the back until under extreme pressure at which point they will charge forward and suicide. 

Doesn’t depend on the game mode. 

And i agree, a typical supremacy game would be that after you have managed to cap a base, fight 2v1, pushed the reds out of another base, and finally capped that one, reach 900 points and  u die...

only to see a noob suddenly rushing out of town to fight 1v3, showing his read to a ISU152. That noob capped nothing and scored grand total of 2 shots.

Happens every day. 

There is no help or cure, not even an end in sight for that behavior. 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Melissa_Durat #10 Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15946 battles
  • [-HELL]
Usually people goes bananas when the point counter reach 800 points and the dramatic music starts. 

Holy_Outlaw #11 Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29243 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostMelissa_Durat, on 13 July 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Usually people goes bananas when the point counter reach 800 points and the dramatic music starts. 

True that lol! One of the things I really hate is when everyone is dead, or most are. And the clowns who couldn't stay alive more than 30 secs suddenly become Obi- wan Kenobi in chat and have all the answers to tell you how to win!! "OMG go this way....NO THAT WAY, watch out for the TDS!! GO CAP GO CAP!!!! I was in a game at port bay like that. Was in the Mauschen carrying for the win, trying to beat the countdown clock, shoot and move and type to tell a Skorpion G to get moving and cap. I ended up killing the last tank, a CDC after he killed our M46. But the M46 banged him up good. I wished I could have shut the chat off, as this Vk100P guy with 0 dmg when killed seriously wouldn't shut up and got on my nerves like crazy! 

Very rarely does a dead guys advice help in my experience. The last time I remember it did was a big ace game I had in the RU251 at Faust in supremacy. The guy giving me advice in that game was spot on and a great pair of 2nd eyes for me when things got hectic. I know people are trying to help and want to win, but damn if they rattle on too much gibberish it just gets on your nerves when you are in a hectic carry. Usually I just tune em out. 

Edited by Holy_Outlaw, 13 July 2019 - 09:02 PM.

instantsiv #12 Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

2 incredibly close calls today. I swear it's like some people are completely clueless...

first one was 3 people left including myself, 1 red left. points gets to 980 and one of ours decides rush in and get himself blown up. points drops and the other team mate rushes in to get himself all shot up. I was screaming STOP!!! POINTS!!!! Luckily we hit 1000 before he got himself killed.

Second one was another 3 vs 1 except I'm not one of them. I got shot and killed from across the map and I rely that info to the team. I'm thinking it was a td and I never saw them on the map so I'm thinking they were camping w/ full health, I tell that to them too... well one of them goes rushing in with half health against a su100y and gets oneshoted. Points drop. I'm now screaming at our kv2 to stop and hide because he's at half health and he's moving in the middle of the open so I'm worried he's a nub/tunneling... well the su pokes out and the kv2 immediately fires and misses. I'm screaming at him to get behind cover and stop getting shot because at this point we're like 925 and he stops moving, waiting for the reload in the middle of the open. I'm pulling my hair out because I know he's about to die and all the SU has to do is find our afk... we just barely won before the su could kill our afk.

tedg5 #13 Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48472 battles
  • [AGOGO]
How about reds have more bases capped. It’s an even match otherwise. Counter hits something like 700 to 800, can look at everyone’s hp and see no way to take out all the reds out in time, and everyone ignores the caps, even someone literally right next a red cap. Grrr.... :amazed:

HugGigolo #14 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21669 battles
  • [AGILE]

I've always said that Supremacy should only be unlocked after completing a specific tutorial, or preferably two. One to outline the mode and winning methods. And a second which is specifically focused on ways to LOSE that can be avoided.

My pet hate is the heavy tank teammate that trundles the entire length of the map and back to cap a third CP while we're contesting the first two CP in red control. Getting points from that third CP does precisely zero to slow down the red counter from the first two, but explaining that it a battle is just too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users