Win Rates, Noob Bashing & Nasty Gram Chat Messages

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #21 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:48 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 37556 battles
  • [_STR8]
This has to be one of the most interesting, community helping threads on here that I've read in awhile.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

BAR_001 #22 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26695 battles
  • [HAHA]

I roll with "what me worry" for a reason. Several reasons actually. I dont play many video games anymore, but this one I enjoy a lot. So when I started I had no clue whatsoever that WR was even a thing. And I just kept rolling the battle button trying to figure it out on my own. By the time I got to 3000 battles I was a 42%er. So long story short I struggled and fought and finally got it up over 50%. But alas, just yesterday I looked @ blitzstars for the first time in months (been grinding some tanks I really dont like) and saw that my 30 day WR had dropped to 45%. :arta: Sometimes RNG can be brutal.

Been here before, Ill work through it again.  Such is life in Blitz.  The point is, whatever you do, dont take the in game antics personally. It's just not worth it.  In spite of the salty curmudgeons (like me), the youngsters and the stat shamers, there are also a lot of great, really fun guys here.  Play your game and have fun with it.

DmitriTheDragon #23 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6594 battles
  • [NASTY]

I’ll take a shot at these questions,and I’ll be happy to help with further questions

1.Lower tiers kind of teaches you to carry.If you don’t carry,you’re not gonna win.At least that’s my mantra,and it always holds true.When 3/4 of your team dies in lower tiers,what are you gonna do?Quick thinking and some strategy can help you pull of that win and the mastery on the tank.It teaches you to adjust your playstyle to teams that don’t listen to your call,because in higher tiers they don’t listen either.If they do,they die anyways.I’ll say maintain a 56% winrate on tiers 5-7(but that’s a miracle for a new player like you,I’m not throwing hate or anything,this game has a lot of tactics involved and sometimes you’ll meet that unicum platoon that’ll demolish your entire team 5 games in a row)

2.Sometimes when I die dealing over 3000 damage and spectate you,we have no clue of your winrate and that you’re a new player,we see your mistakes that should easily be avoided if you had better knowledge of the game.You could’ve won if you didn’t poke on that one guy with the BL-10 and get smoked.Its mildy infuriating to see your stats after,like what are you doing?This is how I think,it’s toxic but the frustration builds knowing I put so much effort into trying a carry and teammates mess up the simplest of things that give us the loss.

Some tips I could hand out(by no means am I one of the greatest but I do think I’m average so you should take these into consideration)

1.Platoon,not with another person  at your skill level,maybe with someone in the 60% range and have them teach you a thing or two.Analyze how they play different tanks depending on the tanks strengths and weaknesses.Trust me there’s a lot to learn.

2.Play newbie friendly tanks.Don’t immediately hop into the French or Japanese just because they look nice,you’ll get demolished.Play the Russian heavy line,they’re newbie friendly tanks as well as the Tank Destroyers of the Russians(SU-152 and ISU-152 are really good tanks.)

3.Watch some videos on the tank you’re playing from Bushka and other content creators it’ll help.

If you would like,I can show you a recent battle of mine,4000 damage loss,gave up because I ran out of ammo.I think it’ll show you what  people around my winrate is capable of and what little things you can pick up.

Edited by DmitriTheDragon, 12 July 2019 - 11:52 PM.

ShootinSabot #24 Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:25 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20889 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 12 July 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

This has to be one of the most interesting, community helping threads on here that I've read in awhile.

I couldn’t agree more, the forums overall have gotten much better lately and I think our anonymous moderators are to thank. Nice to see some newish contributors also. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

fugitsblitz #25 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 245 battles

Firstly, welcome to Blitz - an additive game that will make you laugh, cry, smile, frown, love, hate, be frustrated and satisfied all at the same time in some instances (like when playing a T49).

Secondly, there is no point when players are accepted at a certain tier, despite what people say or think. Even if you had a 100% WR after 100,000 battles a got ammo racked in the first 30 seconds of a tier X game you will still get muppets throwing abuse such as 'noob' etc - so get used to it, it will never go away. Players that generally die first are those who lob the abuse, aka noob bashing, just ignore them because they must've have done something wrong in order to die first. If the player hurling abuse is the last to die, then again try to ignore because there were another 5 players who were equally as bad because you lost. You can lose games even if you play your socks off, I have lost games where I have dished out massive damage and Aced the tank, but we still lost because the team around me crumbled. It happens, so learn to move on. Dont get stuck on the games you lost - learn from the mistakes and try to minimise them for the next time.

Dont be hung up on WR. WR is not a true reflection of your ability in real terms, because it is highly dependant upon the other 6 players doing something to help the team win. You can have a high WR by stat paddling, basically playing all your games in the low tiers and effectively seal clubbing. I have come across players on the EU server with something like 15k battles in tier 2 with healthy WR's, but that doesn't mean they are any good at Tier X. If you really want to see if you are improving, keep on eye on your average damage and WN8 on Blitzstars - that is a much better reflection on your overall ability.

Dont feel that the higher tiers are reserved for the players with the most battles or bigger WR's - it is not. It is after all a game and is there to be enjoyed. There does exist an elitist culture, but try to ignore it. If you have a Tier 8 and like rolling out in your Tier 8 then who has the right to stop you? No one, that's who. Like all types of games you will never win them all, so do your best, make an effort to understand the tank and the game mechanics and above all have fun and enjoy yourself 

Edited by fugitsblitz, 13 July 2019 - 06:02 PM.

Fugit555 from EU Server, trying to break into NA with my game and my YT channel

__Crusader6__ #26 Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postfugitsblitz, on 13 July 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Firstly, welcome to Blitz - an additive game that will make you laugh, cry, smile, frown, love, hate, be frustrated and satisfied all at the same time in some instances (like when playing a T49).

Secondly, there is no point when players are accepted at a certain tier, despite what people say or think. Even if you had a 100% WR after 100,000 battles a got ammo racked in the first 30 seconds of a tier X game you will still get muppets throwing abuse such as 'noob' etc - so get used to it, it will never go away. Players that generally die first are those who lob the abuse, aka noob bashing, just ignore them because they must've have done something wrong in order to die first. If the player hurling abuse is the last to die, then again try to ignore because there were another 5 players who were equally as bad because you lost. You can lose games even if you play your socks off, I have lost games where I have dished out massive damage and Aced the tank, but we still lost because the team around me crumbled. It happens, so learn to move on. Dont get stuck on the games you lost - learn from the mistakes and try to minimise them for the next time.

Dont be hung up on WR. WR is not a true reflection of your ability in real terms, because it is highly dependant upon the other 6 players doing something to help the team win. You can have a high WR by stat paddling, basically playing all your games in the low tiers and effectively seal clubbing. I have come across players on the EU server with something like 15k battles in tier 2 with healthy WR's, but that doesn't mean they are any good at Tier X. If you really want to see if you are improving, keep on eye on your average damage and WN8 on Blitzstars - that is a much better reflection on your overall ability.

Dont feel that the higher tiers are reserved for the players with the most battles or bigger WR's - it is not. It is after all a game and is there to be enjoyed. There does exist an elitist culture, but try to ignore it. If you have a Tier 8 and like rolling out in your Tier 8 then who has the right to stop you? No one, that's who. Like all types of games you will never win them all, so do your best, make an effort to understand the tank and the game mechanics and above all have fun and enjoy yourself 

WR over a large period of games is a very good reflection of skill.   

But it also needs to be viewed objectively and tanks, tiers, and platoon rates along with other stats.  

To the OP, everyone gets hate mail.  I’m a ‘career’ 61%+ player, and I get hate mail. 

Do your best and ignore trash hate - if someone makes a valid comment thank them, and learn. 

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Mistertryhard #27 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 994 battles
  • [MOMGA]

View PostShootinSabot, on 12 July 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

Good Post Eric, write as long of a post as you want, it’s your keyboard and finger tips and good on you for finding the forums this early in your Blitz career.

Ignore the haters, block and move on. You are allowed to play any tier anytime but you will get bashed even if you have a %60 wr and tons of battles. Should you be at tier 9 is a different question. Do you want to run around and shoot stuff or would you like to get better?

Most longer term players recognize that 30-90 day wr is more indicative of a players progress but there are some who don’t get it.

At 2228 battles you are a baby in relative terms, there are lots of players with 30,000 plus battles and even that is on the low side. There are some spuds (Spud and SpudX are essentially the same clan) who are 60,000 +. How did I know your exact battle count, https://www.blitzstars.com  is a great resource for really taking a deep dive into your own and other players stats.  You probably do not belong in tier 9 with that battle count. Many long-term players say they did not really start to understand the nuances of the game until they hit 10,000 or more battles. Some will disagree but I think you still need to figure some stuff out at tier 6 and 7. 5 used to be the best learning tier but since the great nerfing I think you will get more out of 6 and 7. That being said don’t be afraid to give the KV-1 a drive. An OP tank as high tier and competitive as low tier.

Where else to go to get help other than the forums? BushkaonBlitz, Sk8xtrm, Martin Dogger, Meadsy69 are some of the most active you tubers right now with great content. Anon_____ WOTBlitz is another great channel, he is no longer active so the tank reviews are stale but his game-play and explanations of thinking his way through a battle are second to none. (We miss his videos but he is still active in the game.)

The advice about discord is spot on, tooning and being on voice comms with a better player is going to do nothing but help your game. Just about everyone who is on the forums is more than happy to spend some quality time with you.

https://discord.gg/AUF6rJb This is the link of the Triariii server and it is one of the best private servers to be part of with lots of players who are willing to lend a hand. Wouldchip in particular but lots more.

Drive all the different types of tanks, this will help you learn the weaknesses and strengths of each particular type. I can't take credit for this wisdom, it was given to me by a forumer who took me under his wing a long time ago, Writerdude.(you want to talk long posts, his were legendary)

Damage ratio and survival rate are the two stats that I believe have the biggest effect on your win rate. Use Blitz stars and have a look at some of the better players and almost universally you will see damage ratios in of 1.5 or more with survival rates of 45% and a win-rate of 60% or higher. How do you get those stats higher? when you figure it out let me know.

Thanks so much, a really helpful reply!

Can you recommend a few tanks for t6 that are good to learn the game in. I’ve been going all in at t5 but am getting frustrated by having teammates that seem to be significantly worse, so am hoping to spend a while in t6 instead.

fugitsblitz #28 Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 245 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 July 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

WR over a large period of games is a very good reflection of skill.   

But it also needs to be viewed objectively and tanks, tiers, and platoon rates along with other stats.  

To the OP, everyone gets hate mail.  I’m a ‘career’ 61%+ player, and I get hate mail. 

Do your best and ignore trash hate - if someone makes a valid comment thank them, and learn. 

WR is always a slightly strange thing. I know some truly awesome players with low WR's, mainly because they buggered up their WR in the early part of the game, long before they changed the +2/-2 MM and for them it is very difficult to get it back before they hit the 50k battle mark. I don't disagree that after around 40k battles WR is a good indicator of ability. A very good friend of mine on the EU server, with a 72% WR after 62k battles, was actually a 43% WR until he hit 10k. He hit 60% at around the 35k mark and now resides firmly in 70% WR. All I am saying is that for newer players WR should not be something to get hung up over because it is not always a true reflection of your ability. Like all things in life there are those with fantastic talent, for which certain things come naturally, and with almost everyone else there is experience and practice. The majority fall into the latter area and thus the more battles you undertake, the more experience and practice you get and eventually you get a WR to reflect this.

Fugit555 from EU Server, trying to break into NA with my game and my YT channel

Gavidoc01 #29 Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:43 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 41724 battles
  • [III]

You are correct even 60%ers do dumb things. Was rolling a smasher toon last night and said let’s push hard ala Leroy Jenkins. We almost won but I had a goose egg. After the match I said to my toonmate, well that didn’t work. The thing though is that I was having fun. Yes, winning is fun for me but overall just playing the game is fun. 

I see someone such as yourself driving a premium in tier viii with a 40% wr, I’m not going to call you a nub, schlub, or scrub. What I think to myself is, “I’m cool with it. This person is supporting the game.” If you’re doing it in a tech tree tank though.......

You might wonder why. Why do I dislike bad players in higher tiers who aren’t driving a premium. Reason? While they might be having fun they are doing it with mediocrity (remember I said winning is fun to me) and therefore I have very little patience for it. Key reason is I used to be the same. I was a 40% high tier player and was ruining the fun for others and decided I needed to improve. So I did. 

Everyone has different expectations on when you should move to the next tier. I chose to set 3 requirements before moving to the next tank. 

1. An ace
  2. at least 100 battles
  3. 60% win rate

by sticking to those 3 requirements I took a 53% wr with a 40% wr in 8-10 at 6K battles 5 years ago and turned it into a 65% wr with a 61% wr in 8-10. 

Do do what makes you happy in the game. If you are trying to improve, awesome. If you are in high tiers and not trying to improve I hope you are on red unless in a premium. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 14 July 2019 - 12:44 AM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

BodyCount37 #30 Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20240 battles

View Posttedg5, on 11 July 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

Smaller piece of advise: I know you want to play higher tiers. As mentioned, your stats don’t favor you doing well there. What I did early was set a mini goal for myself. Win three in a row at say tier 5, everytime I did that I felt I “earned” the right to run a high tier game, if I won that game I did another. Etc. when I lost a high tier I went back down and tried again until I earned that higher tier battle. This kept me learning at low tiers while experiencing the thrill of high tier action. Go get em! :playing:

That actually sounds like a fair challenge, I don't enjoy seeing people clueless at tier 8 but people shouldn't buy a tier 8 and leave it to collect dust. 

#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola

ShootinSabot #31 Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20889 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostMistertryhard, on 13 July 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Thanks so much, a really helpful reply!

Can you recommend a few tanks for t6 that are good to learn the game in. I’ve been going all in at t5 but am getting frustrated by having teammates that seem to be significantly worse, so am hoping to spend a while in t6 instead.

Thank you

Recommending tanks is a tricky business, everyone has a flavour that suits them best. These are just some of tanks that I really like and have in my garage.They are also fully upgraded and I always wallet warrior my way to gold crews, I am not good enough to make less than a 100% crew work. 

The ARL 44 is the best tier 6 heavy at the moment, good gun and armour with decent mobility. I am also partial to the VK 36.01H but this one is a tougher drive. The KV-1S is also highly recommended but only if you are using the 122 mm gun, not great armour but the best peek-a-boom at the tier with good mobility. The KV-2 is fun but not a good learning tank. Figure out the game first then go back and get it later. 

The VK 30.01P is a medium I like but this might be a bit controversial. The M4A3E8 “Easy 8” is a good medium to learn on, a bit slow but good gun depression so shots are easier to come by. The slower speed prevents you from getting in trouble to fast. The Cromwell is another good learning medium but when the Cromwell Berlin comes back to the store, grab it. My favourite tank in the game, take all my other tanks away but the Bromwell and I will still happily play. Can be a tougher drive with loads of speed to get you into trouble but may have the best turreted tank gun depression in the game. 

I am not a dedicated TD driver and only have 2 tier 6 TD’s but I did like the Jg.Pz IV, good dpm and you can bounce a little from the armour. 

When you read these I would also like to point out my tag under my name and caution you to take that into account. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

nicog45 #32 Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16592 battles
  • [-MM]
If you’re looking for good YouTube channels to watch I’d highly recommend Posit1ve’s channel. His WotBlitz University series does a really good job of teaching all the fundamentals, and he has in-depth analyses of all the maps. IMO, Bushka is a great, entertaining guy, but he’s not the greatest player, and some of his takes on tanks are not exactly agreed upon by top players.

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

AdderaII #33 Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 17360 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 July 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Keeping in mind, "like your mom" is a valid response to most comments, no matter how constructive.

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

_Cletus #34 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24612 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostAdderaII, on 14 July 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Keeping in mind, "like your mom" is a valid response to most comments, no matter how constructive.

Your mom's constructive.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Mistertryhard #35 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 994 battles
  • [MOMGA]

View PostShootinSabot, on 14 July 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

Thank you

Recommending tanks is a tricky business, everyone has a flavour that suits them best. These are just some of tanks that I really like and have in my garage.They are also fully upgraded and I always wallet warrior my way to gold crews, I am not good enough to make less than a 100% crew work. 

The ARL 44 is the best tier 6 heavy at the moment, good gun and armour with decent mobility. I am also partial to the VK 36.01H but this one is a tougher drive. The KV-1S is also highly recommended but only if you are using the 122 mm gun, not great armour but the best peek-a-boom at the tier with good mobility. The KV-2 is fun but not a good learning tank. Figure out the game first then go back and get it later. 

The VK 30.01P is a medium I like but this might be a bit controversial. The M4A3E8 “Easy 8” is a good medium to learn on, a bit slow but good gun depression so shots are easier to come by. The slower speed prevents you from getting in trouble to fast. The Cromwell is another good learning medium but when the Cromwell Berlin comes back to the store, grab it. My favourite tank in the game, take all my other tanks away but the Bromwell and I will still happily play. Can be a tougher drive with loads of speed to get you into trouble but may have the best turreted tank gun depression in the game. 

I am not a dedicated TD driver and only have 2 tier 6 TD’s but I did like the Jg.Pz IV, good dpm and you can bounce a little from the armour. 

When you read these I would also like to point out my tag under my name and caution you to take that into account. 

Thank you good sir

as far as your tag goes, I’m shooting for the moon but if I only make it to mediocrity that’ll do ;

AdderaII #36 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:41 AM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 17360 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post_Cletus, on 14 July 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Your mom's constructive.

At least she's not my sister.

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

ruff_n_nuts #37 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6268 battles
  • [_TDW_]
I think a good rule of thumb is average damage. That tells what you and only you do on the battlefield. Simply 500 av dmg, tier5, av dmg 600, tier 6 and so on.

HugGigolo #38 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post9_V0LT, on 12 July 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

The same 65% unicum gamer tweak that will rage at you for playing tier ten, wouldn’t have that WR percentage if it weren’t for less skilled players competing in the same tiers he does. (you know, ‘cause maths) these are basically the same people who’ll kick a dog, just because the world isn’t fair. 

A huge number of people seem to believe WR is an absolute measure of skill, rather than a relative measure of success. I've seen people say with 100% sincerity that only 60% players should be allowed at tiers 8-10. They don't get that at least some, probably most of those unicums would be forced to seal-club to maintain access. And I bet their minds would be blown if someone told them the average WR of tournament battles in say, the Twister Cup.

RonaldusMaximus_ #39 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8050 battles
  • [HAHA]

To be completely honest, I earned the hate mail when I started poking around tiers higher than V. I did not yet know the mechanics of the game or how to contribute to the team, I died too quickly, I did not know the roles of my tanks. I YOLOed too often.

The interesting thing is, the hate mail motivated me to get better more than anything else. I don't like getting yelled at or being called a dumb nub. Sometimes you need to take criticism personally and use it for self reflection.

Sometimes if you hear a message enough there may be some truth to it. A wise man once told me if I meet more than three A-holes in a day, I am probably the one with the problem.

The anti bullying campaign in society has made it so that people cannot handle criticism  constructively and made a generation if safe space seeking pansies. But public shaming serves a purpose.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 15 July 2019 - 11:41 AM.

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

malatya1 #40 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8579 battles
Had a person go off on an expletive laden rant yesterday.  The way it was worded (using the word team a few times) I’m guessing the nut job sent the same love note to all of the greens.  Anyway, that’s not odd.  What is odd was his account.  Only one tank, a T1 M2 light.  He had over 100 battles in it with a 92% wr.  I’m guessing he has many accounts like this set up in case folks turn him in for his over the top cussing.  Probably a kid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users