• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HumanCoookie #1 Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:41 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]

How Not to Suck 101 [Map Edition]

Part 2 of the HNTS series. I'll link the first one when I have the will to do so. Below is general map tactics and how to win pretty common scenarios on common maps. Please feel free to add suggestions (or disputes) below in this thread, contact me through Discord, or any other way. Gonna be straight up, this is only for those willing to learn map strats (and other general things) as this is literally a wall2  (yes, wall squared) of informational text.

Contents of the Table

General Stuff SP.

Map Stuff SP.

Kool Cids Klub (For those with suggestions/reviews/reasonable disputes)

General Stuff

(Learn Before Map Stuff)

1. Bushes

Bushes SP.

2. Analyzing Friendly/Enemy Team Compositions

Team Reading SP. 

Map Stuff

1. Castilla
Castilla SP. 

2. Dynasty Pearl

Dynasty Pearl SP.

3. Middleburg

Middleburg SP. 

4. Mines
Mines SP.

Edits

Edits SP.  (Dates go month/day/year)

Edited by HumanCoookie, 29 December 2019 - 07:52 AM.

Suggestions Thread for game improvement (now on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Normal Edition] (Due to be on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

also i lerned to hyperlink yay

HumanCoookie #2 Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:42 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]

r e s

erved

the original post looks weird but when i add thicc-ness to the content it won't look as janky. 

Edited by HumanCoookie, 14 July 2019 - 07:43 AM.

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

HumanCoookie #3 Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]
reserve d

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

DmitriTheDragon #4 Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7119 battles
For meds,why don’t you go straight for cap?Tanks with good turret armor can easily get shots in and some can even sidescrape.But don’t cap, just get shots in.If you are a fast TD(SU-122-44/54) can also go to the cap and put shots into the heavies while they are moving in.

AntoineDodson #5 Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 33289 battles
  • [-OMG-]

Good stuff, pretty much how I play Castilla. Now, what if you are outnumbered in lights/meds?

If I’m in a heavy or depending on the TD I’ll go help as I feel you can’t give up the church. Thoughts?

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

HumanCoookie #6 Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostDmitriTheDragon, on 14 July 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

For meds,why don’t you go straight for cap?Tanks with good turret armor can easily get shots in and some can even sidescrape.But don’t cap, just get shots in.If you are a fast TD(SU-122-44/54) can also go to the cap and put shots into the heavies while they are moving in.

Thats usually fine as long as someone goes church. I also tend to go cap side in my meds but only when I know someone is going church side. If no one goes church side then what usually happens is those tanks camp on the ridge of it shooting you (if you peek) and friendlies and more oftenly flank into the rear of the team through spawn. All in all, if no one goes church side you might wanna consider going there (assuming they don’t have like 4 mediums on their team and will 4v1 you) because if you spawn water mill side then the terrain of the map on that side means you have to go all the way around to go help the team if enemy meds flank into your spawn.

View PostAntoineDodson, on 14 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Good stuff, pretty much how I play Castilla. Now, what if you are outnumbered in lights/meds?

If I’m in a heavy or depending on the TD I’ll go help as I feel you can’t give up the church. Thoughts?

Yeah, you could go church when you went up being outnumbered. In that situation if you were to go heavy side then it’d end up being a stand still as TDs on both sides overwatching makes it so no one moves. The only ice breaker is when someone ends up dying on that side or more commonly meds coming in through spawn or town putting in shots in your team. So yeah if you went church you’d probably raise the chances of winning that game as you would prevent meds from easily slipping behind unnoticed. But note that if you’re a heavy (not as common in a TD) and go church side the average 40%er heavy will follow you which leaves the heavy flank unprotected. If that happens then you need to beast through med side quick. Heavies coming from behind sucks more than meds because they more HP and usually do more damage a shot than meds which makes them more scary.

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

4sfield #7 Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:44 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

What is common sense for most of us here is uncommon for the majority of players I see in game. We know how it should be played but how do you play it with 6 guys who either can’t play or don’t understand how to play?

I haven’t played a game with anyone who wanted to fight the mill hill in more than a month. Most guys play from the worthless position  at the hill nearest spawn and when I spot from town they have no shots, aren’t spotted and I get focused while they do nothing.

From the other side they’re unwilling to push the mill hill so they end up in the worthless positions around the 1st hill without spots or shots and I get focused on the sniper perch near the bridge at town or if I push to the road and the cover there I end up getting focused and pushed on because the rest of my team has no shots and will not move from their original position.

The castle hill is a nub magnet and most of the guys I get that go there are useless because they’re too far away from the front to pick up any spots and have to rely on the guys in the worthless positions to spot in order to get shots. Most of my team mates lose the hill there if it’s contested at all by the reds and if it’s not they’re content to sit there and be useless without shots for the duration of the game. 

Castilla is about the same as Dead Rail, guys want to camp and not play. Wanting to play with guys who can’t is the frustrating part because all you do is watch your guys squander opportunities and wait to get flanked. I die a lot by beating the flank back while my team does nothing and after I’m dead it takes about 50 seconds for the rest of them to lose it. 

Tactics and being able to recognize when and where to move so you can exploit are the things these guys need to learn. They’ll never be able to do that until they become situationally aware. This is the main problem I have with every team on every map. Guys aren’t even good enough for you to use them because they won’t move out of the hard cover nearest to spawn, it’s ridiculous.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

nicog45 #8 Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24217 battles
  • [-JJ]
I actually hate going mill hill on heavies. It’s really easy to get caught out if their mediums win the castle. If I’m in a really fast heavy like an IS-5/6/7 or 113 I cut straight through the open to get to the ramp into the town. If I’m on south spawn with a slow heavy, like the Löwe, I go to the rock that covers C. In the IS-4 or autoloaders, I actually go to the town area in order to get cross-shots onto the heavies at mill hill and to support the mediums at the castle.

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

4sfield #9 Posted 14 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View Postnicog45, on 14 July 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

I actually hate going mill hill on heavies. It’s really easy to get caught out if their mediums win the castle. If I’m in a really fast heavy like an IS-5/6/7 or 113 I cut straight through the open to get to the ramp into the town. If I’m on south spawn with a slow heavy, like the Löwe, I go to the rock that covers C. In the IS-4 or autoloaders, I actually go to the town area in order to get cross-shots onto the heavies at mill hill and to support the mediums at the castle.

I like to play from town, it’s the best initial spot to adapt and evaluate your team from. It sucks when everyone just follows you though. Somebody has to stay home at the mill and somebody has to push the castle hill. Those guys have to realize when those positions are useless and get out of there though.

The ramp used to be my spot, anymore when I go there I just get let down by my team because they usually aren't aggressive enough to support me and exit options are limited.

Edited by 4sfield, 14 July 2019 - 04:37 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

_Cletus #10 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:22 AM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32678 battles
  • [III-C]

I like going to the hill in a heavy, especially if I have gun depression.  I see lots of people die doing it, but you just gotta play it right.  You know there's probably a sniper in the hills behind their heavies, and if your fast tanks aren't on the castle you know theirs are.  Keep your armor angled appropriately, if you have a shot on the castle or the sniper take it.  It's easy to hold down the red heavies, they are happy to camp and won't go anywhere, so focus on their meds and tds.  After those guys are neutralized you roll on their heavies, laughing valiantly as you wrap yourself in glory.

Meds or lights I either go castle or spot from town, I try not to get stuck in firefights around a, it's easy to get trapped in a position and die or be stuck there for the whole match.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

HumanCoookie #11 Posted 15 July 2019 - 06:35 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]

2. 7/15/2019: Fixed some spelling and grammar, edited thread title, added new additions to the table of contents, and added 2. Dynasty Pearl3. Middleburg, and completed 2. Analyzing Friendly/Enemy Team Compositions.

I'll add those who I find appropriate to the Kool Cids Klub later; currently focused on adding content and will revise according to the reviews everyone has put out at a later date.

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

HumanCoookie #12 Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20433 battles
  • [_STR8]

3.  12/29/2019: Fixed some spelling and grammar, edited thread title, updated 1. Castilla (Heavies), added to the table of contents and added 4. Mines

Forgot this existed lol. I'll try to add at least 1 map daily, but I'm lazy so that's just a stretch of my capabilities :trollface:

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users