• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ONS23 #1 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:22 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1676 battles
  • [N9NE]

I cant think of any other way to put this:

The porsche tech line for the german heavies needs to be nerfed.  The Henschel design of the tiger was superior to the porsche model, by a long shot.  Yet the porsche tiger is a wrecking ball in battle.  This doesnt make any sense, historically or otherwise.  Why should this tank be better than the tiger 1?

I understand it has to be fair to those who want to get to the Maus, but it isnt fair to those who want the tiger 1 and 2.  All of the porsche designs should be equals to the tiger's lineage.  I'm not saying make them awful, just make them viable counterparts to the tigers so there are no disparities.  And the vk100.01p (mammut) is way over armored.  It is brutally unfair at any distance unless you have a massive gun (unlikely at it's current thickness) or are quick enough to get behind it.

Posit1ve_ #2 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:43 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 52233 battles
  • [_V_]

Well, actually the reason why Porsche's Tiger design was rejected wasn't due to inferior combat performance, but because A. mechanical breakdowns made it unreliable, and B. the electric motors in the transmission required lots of rare metals that Germany didn't have many of.

Neither of these drawbacks can be illustrated in game; so the way they have been balanced is the Tiger P is more heavily armored (as it was IRL), while the Henschel Tiger is much faster, and has better gun handling.

As for the VK 100.01P, it's not really all that well armored. The lower plate can be penned by any gun the vehicle will face (since it's only ~134mm effective), at essentially any angle, and the cupola on top is also fairly easy to pen for most same tier tanks (since it's only ~175mm effective). That said, fighting a superheavy frontally generally isn't the ideal recommended course of action, and it's better to hit it from the sides, which are large and reasonably easy to pen. And the VK desperately needs that armor to be relevant, considering the tank tops out at 20km.h, and the gun is horribly inaccurate with abyssmal DPM numbers

Edited by Posit1ve_, 16 July 2019 - 05:43 AM.

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

DmitriTheDragon #3 Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6334 battles
  • [F1LTH]

This game threw away the historically accurate point a long time ago,I stopped complaining about it and you should too.There are things that literally have nuclear powered engines strapped on the back of their tank.

I will agree that the Porsche Tiger is superior to the Tiger I,it needs a nerf of dpm to make the Tiger I more effective.Essentially making the Porsche Tiger a heavy armored counterpart of the heavyium Tiger I.

The VK 100.01(P) does not need a nerf in armor,the little spot in the lower glacier is pennable by everything and the cupola is a giant weak spot.Its gigantic and slow so if you get around behind it or CoD it,you’re practically getting a free kill.

Zuke76 #4 Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]
It is debatable that the tiger p is better than the tiger 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users