What's up with the Asia server?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HoboWithWifi #1 Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17370 battles
  • [DONGR]

I was on a trip in Asia for two weeks, so naturally I switched servers to get better ping.

While playing though I noticed that there seems to be a massive skill gap in the player base - there's a lot of <45% players, a lot of >60% players, and almost no 50% players.

Often times, team play was almost impossible, and there only seemed to be a handful of people who knew how to kill a Matilda.

Most games were just roflstomps of one side or the other, although it was impossible to know who would win for sure since the probability of having the single remaining player on one team rip apart the other is pretty high with the Asia player base.

Sure, it was fun playing light tanks and getting away with bullsh*t that would have never worked on the NA server but wow... anyone know why it's like this?

Edited by HoboWithWifi, 19 July 2019 - 08:43 PM.

I'm slowly becoming less bad

___ez_e___ #2 Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61473 battles
  • [GORT]
Entrenched super unicum veteran players vs new players that’s why. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 19 July 2019 - 08:50 PM.

_Cletus #3 Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:59 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23415 battles
  • [HAHA]

I don't want to get too political, but maybe America is the best country in the world with the best people in the world.  

That's why our playerbase is so....awesome?  Okay if I say that out loud I realize how silly it sounds.....

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

RommelTanker #4 Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2516 battles
  • [_DX2_]

Gaming is huge in Asia. So huge in fact that the odds of finding a mediocre Asian gamer are slimmer than your hair. Thats why the disparity between skill levels is so enormous there.

BTW did I mention that in some Asian countries, it's mandated by the government that you prove your age to prevent gaming addiction in young individuals. They limit your currency income over the course of a few hours until you earn NOTHING 

Edited by RommelTanker, 19 July 2019 - 09:37 PM.

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

My Terrible PT A Stats: 1,249 Battles57.97% WR / 2,805 WN8 / 1,790 DPB / 38.27% Survival

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

WipWapJaws #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:18 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 45775 battles
  • [WKD]

Started on the Asian server and moved to the NA sever.  The Asian server is just the worst,  you think there are language problems on NA, least you are only dealing with English, Spanish and a bit of Portuguese.   On the Asian server you have multiple of different languages and so many non english speakers, hence communication in matches is generally terrible if there is any communication at all.   OP is correct that there are some very very good players on the Asian server but they are few and far between.  The average player is the worst for example my Asia account has a WR of 64%ish and my NA account is 57% .  That says it all....

RonaldusMaximus_ #6 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6226 battles
  • [KALKI]

View Post_Cletus, on 19 July 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I don't want to get too political, but maybe America is the best country in the world with the best people in the world.  

That's why our playerbase is so....awesome?  Okay if I say that out loud I realize how silly it sounds.....

Amen and Eff Yeah! 

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users