Fv4005 advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

unknown514 #1 Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:57 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15551 battles
  • [AGILE]
Coming off the pre nerfed charioteer and Conway the fv4005 was quite underwhelming and I was quite afraid I wouldn't do as well in the fv4005 as I did in the other tanks. Well turns out I was right and as of now I am destroying the fv4005's reputation and my own sanity so any advice or goofs would be appreciated.

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:09 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18703 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postunknown514, on 19 July 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Coming off the pre nerfed charioteer and Conway the fv4005 was quite underwhelming and I was quite afraid I wouldn't do as well in the fv4005 as I did in the other tanks. Well turns out I was right and as of now I am destroying the fv4005's reputation and my own sanity so any advice or goofs would be appreciated.

Bad timing with the Bushka situation, but this is a good video for both the strengths of the tank and debunking some common misconceptions.

https://www.youtube....h?v=GzVe5aUqNGY

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 20 July 2019 - 12:09 AM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Posit1ve_ #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:46 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 52266 battles
  • [_V_]

From the looks of it, based on your high survival to winrate ratio, low spots per battle, and low damage per minute stats, my guess is that you're playing 4005 from the back lines at long ranges.

Don't do that. Contrary to popular belief, autoloaders (even paper ones) are actually most efficient at close ranges, not long distances. At long ranges, it's easy for the enemy to hide and take cover, preventing you from maximizing the full potential of the magazine (especially given that the 4005 has pretty poor accuracy for a TD)

Instead, play FV4005 as more of a second line ambush tank. The second an enemy is out in the open, or has just fired and is unable to fight back, punish them. HARD. Also, with the mobility, you can even use it as something of a flanker to manufacture shot opportunities for yourself.

Also, if you have to, don't be afraid to take a hit if you have to. 1380 clip potential will still massively trade in your favor, even if it means taking like 420 in return.

Edited by Posit1ve_, 20 July 2019 - 12:48 AM.

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

RommelTanker #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2738 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 19 July 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

From the looks of it, based on your high survival to winrate ratio, low spots per battle, and low damage per minute stats, my guess is that you're playing 4005 from the back lines at long ranges.

Don't do that. Contrary to popular belief, autoloaders (even paper ones) are actually most efficient at close ranges, not long distances. At long ranges, it's easy for the enemy to hide and take cover, preventing you from maximizing the full potential of the magazine (especially given that the 4005 has pretty poor accuracy for a TD)

Instead, play FV4005 as more of a second line ambush tank. The second an enemy is out in the open, or has just fired and is unable to fight back, punish them. HARD. Also, with the mobility, you can even use it as something of a flanker to manufacture shot opportunities for yourself.

Also, if you have to, don't be afraid to take a hit if you have to. 1380 clip potential will still massively trade in your favor, even if it means taking like 420 in return.

Dont forget it gets the super balanced HE damage reduction provision, allowing it to, quite literally, out trade a 183 firing HESH. How that's balanced is beyond me, but it exists. 

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

My Terrible PT A Stats: 1,249 Battles57.97% WR / 2,805 WN8 / 1,790 DPB / 38.27% Survival

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users