Jump to content


Cannot edit Steam files of the game

mod

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

normie_weeb #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 752 battles
  • 5
  • [TTYI]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019
I've been trying to make my own skin of the tank I've been using, but whenever I try to edit the .dvpl file of the tank, It comes back as an error on any program i use.

Most of the skins i have downloaded don't include this .dvpl, is it suppose to be there? And if not, how do I fix it?

I have tried removing the .dvpl, but that has not worked. 

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:40 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 18703 battles
  • 2,137
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View Postnormie_weeb, on 19 July 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've been trying to make my own skin of the tank I've been using, but whenever I try to edit the .dvpl file of the tank, It comes back as an error on any program i use.

Most of the skins i have downloaded don't include this .dvpl, is it suppose to be there? And if not, how do I fix it?

I have tried removing the .dvpl, but that has not worked. 

Use this program to change dvpl into dds which can be easily edited. https://cdn.discorda...vpl-extract.exe

If you have Discord ask your questions in this server: http://discord.gg/gt7PquG

 


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


normie_weeb #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:37 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 752 battles
  • 5
  • [TTYI]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019
Thank you! I was able to edit the file.

I have another question now, how do I change it back so Blitz uses it?

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:10 AM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 52266 battles
  • 5,518
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postnormie_weeb, on 19 July 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Thank you! I was able to edit the file.

I have another question now, how do I change it back so Blitz uses it?

You can't recompress the file back into a .dvpl, but you can delete the .dvpl version so that the game will use the non dvpl version


311 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


normie_weeb #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:59 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 752 battles
  • 5
  • [TTYI]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostPosit1ve_, on 20 July 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

You can't recompress the file back into a .dvpl, but you can delete the .dvpl version so that the game will use the non dvpl version

It doesn't seem to work after deleting the .dvpl file and leaving the .dds file, any ideas?







Also tagged with mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users