Why don't people just play ratings battle all the time?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Doomofnoobs #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47113 battles
  • [KRONO]

I have been wondering about this. There's increased XP and credit earning and it won't affect your stats. So why won't people just play ratings instead of regular battles all the time? Yes, the queue is longer. But if there are enough people playing in the first place, the queue time should not be so bad. The only reason I can think of is that you need to have fully researched tank with 100% crew to play ratings battles. Or maybe people care about their stats and believe it will get better?

What do you guys think?

RommelTanker #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2601 battles
  • [_DX2_]
  1. What use do I have for increased EXP on a maxed tank?
  2. The tiers on Ratings are typically limited to mid-high skill (T8-10)
  3. All and I mean ALL the unicums hang out in Ratings, making playing hell.
  4. Unicums have a nasty tendency to cheat in Ratings (See: Pramo ratings boosting) 
  5. Count downs are not all that uncommon in Ratings
  6. The "reward" for reaching Diamond League in ratings is a crapload of worthless crates full of boosters. What's the point of bothering for no good reward?

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

My Terrible PT A Stats: 1,249 Battles57.97% WR / 2,805 WN8 / 1,790 DPB / 38.27% Survival

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

plsdontkillmexxx #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8140 battles
  • [XHALE]
re 3. I wonder why that is? in any case it's a good thing cos it means we don't get them in regular battles :)
Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

_ImUrHuckleberry #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:11 AM

You're a daisy if you do

• Players
  • 14162 battles

View PostDoomofnoobs, on 19 July 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

I have been wondering about this. There's increased XP and credit earning and it won't affect your stats. So why won't people just play ratings instead of regular battles all the time? Yes, the queue is longer. But if there are enough people playing in the first place, the queue time should not be so bad. The only reason I can think of is that you need to have fully researched tank with 100% crew to play ratings battles. Or maybe people care about their stats and believe it will get better?

What do you guys think?

I'm glad that WG decided to keep ratings at one tier until the server picks up. I get a game quite fast now, and lord knows my Cent is grateful for having competent teammates for a change. I guesstimate my WR in ratings to be 20-25% higher than regular games in my poor Cent. The extra credits come in handy, and if i get extra XP for my Cent 7/1 grind then it's even better. I got a wicked camo for free for reaching 4k or something last time around. 

As to why it's not popular? I'd guess it's because the queue lines were unbearable before so folks aren't up to date, and some players aren't as good at winning against competent reds so they stick to regular pub matches. Otherwise i have no clue. Sour grapes will be sour grapes no matter what i guess.

[resize output image]

boris55555 #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:34 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 23070 battles
  • [MINC]
 Can’t win any sweet avatars. Or if you can....I don’t want to win avatars.
bummer, someone erased my signature. More dribbling excellence.

plsdontkillmexxx #6 Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8140 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostDoomofnoobs, on 20 July 2019 - 02:46 PM, said:

What do you guys think?

I think that's probably the main reason

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

CosmicWolf20 #7 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:14 AM

Lord Of Annihilation

• Players
  • 14600 battles
  • [PNCR]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 20 July 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

I'm glad that WG decided to keep ratings at one tier until the server picks up. I get a game quite fast now, and lord knows my Cent is grateful for having competent teammates for a change. I guesstimate my WR in ratings to be 20-25% higher than regular games in my poor Cent. The extra credits come in handy, and if i get extra XP for my Cent 7/1 grind then it's even better. I got a wicked camo for free for reaching 4k or something last time around. 

As to why it's not popular? I'd guess it's because the queue lines were unbearable before so folks aren't up to date, and some players aren't as good at winning against competent reds so they stick to regular pub matches. Otherwise i have no clue. Sour grapes will be sour grapes no matter what i guess.

Keeping ratings to tier 8 of all tiers is horrible. Tier 8 is just trash since it's boring and filled with IS tanks, not to mention bad people as well. Making it tier 8 wont pick it up agian, only kill it off more

Is that supposed to amuse me little boy?                                                                 pOsTiNg sTaTs iS oVerRatEd

Zuke76 #8 Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:10 AM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostDoomofnoobs, on 20 July 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

What do you guys think?

ahahahhaahahhaa

Sepp_Ulrich #9 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37820 battles
  • [21DAK]
Since rating battles were limited to Tier 8, I found the most horrible players ruining my green teams. Bad luck the unicums are always at the red teams when I play.
The Angel of Verdun

_ArmoredGlassCannon #10 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

Player with an oxymoron username in NA server

• Players
  • 19264 battles
  • [CRUEL]
One of the reasons I dont always play ratings battle despite having more benefits and prizes (like gold, credits, xp, etc.), I still find the game mode really frustrating because of the qeue time really.

"Give an anime fan any object, and they will find a way to want to stick their ***k in it" — Gigguk

"IDF super op military uses ancient M103 and makes them bullet proof with sand bags. F****ing op military moments." — mike82198

minitel_NA #11 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I played 3 rated battles today for a mission.

Tier8 is terrible.

MM+-0 is terrible.

Plus you see the same tanks over and over again.

what I liked in rated was either 

to play tier10 with a decent team half of the time, without being punished with credits or winrate.

To play tier7 or 9 and be low tier every game so that I can struggle a lot.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

King__David #12 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41117 battles
  • [KNELL]
Honestly, I think the single best reason y ratings is better or more people should be playing is.....stupid things that happen in regular happen a lot less in ratings. Things like AFK, yoloing, camping teams, bad drivers and missing shots, etc. Don't get me wrong it still happens in ratings but much much less than regular. It's also interesting to see that the people that do those things are low low 40%ers and their rating is trash like low sliver and bronze. 

Doomofnoobs #13 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47113 battles
  • [KRONO]

View Post_ImUrHuckleberry, on 19 July 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yeah, I think people are still assuming a long queue time for ratings so they just avoid it. This was also the reason I barely played ratings before this update.

Doomofnoobs #14 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47113 battles
  • [KRONO]

View PostRommelTanker, on 19 July 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

1. What use do I have for increased EXP on a maxed tank?
  2. The tiers on Ratings are typically limited to mid-high skill (T8-10)
  3. All and I mean ALL the unicums hang out in Ratings, making playing hell.
  4. Unicums have a nasty tendency to cheat in Ratings (See: Pramo ratings boosting) 
  5. Count downs are not all that uncommon in Ratings
  6. The "reward" for reaching Diamond League in ratings is a crapload of worthless crates full of boosters. What's the point of bothering for no good reward?

1. For the following tank in the tech tree?

Doomofnoobs #15 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47113 battles
  • [KRONO]

View PostCosmicWolf20, on 19 July 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Keeping ratings to tier 8 of all tiers is horrible. Tier 8 is just trash since it's boring and filled with IS tanks, not to mention bad people as well. Making it tier 8 wont pick it up agian, only kill it off more

I agree it's filled with WZ and IS tanks. I guess WG doesn't want to make ratings tier 10 only because they want more people to join. Then again, I mostly just grind credits with premium tanks in ratings now without worrying about the outcome of the battles. As long as I do enough damage, I'll get enough credits. I think that's part of the reason there are so many premiums in ratings.

tedg5 #16 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:15 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48500 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Guess everyone doesn’t just want to play tier 8. :B

yoUng33Henry #17 Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3333 battles
  • [-SKY-]

View PostDoomofnoobs, on 20 July 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

What do you guys think?

Wait. Rating battile doesn't affect stats? The main reason I don't play rating battle is not enough rewards for hard battles and the open time. I dont know the exact open time but it doesn't work with my daily schedule. When I got home and start play, it is closed. I think WG should extend the time for west coast players. 9 pm is too early.

Edited by yoUng33Henry, 21 July 2019 - 05:25 AM.

Si1verBlood #18 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 14693 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostyoUng33Henry, on 21 July 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Wait. Rating battile doesn't affect stats? The main reason I don't play rating battle is not enough rewards for hard battles and the open time. I dont know the exact open time but it doesn't work with my daily schedule. When I got home and start play, it is closed. I think WG should extend the time for west coast players. 9 pm is too early.

the only stat affected is the battles played in ranked stat and battle count in general

j0nn0 #19 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:17 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19046 battles
  • [XREGS]

Reasons why i dislike ranked:

1. Players are equally if not more so proven to be pricks. 

2. Compounding on point 1, morons would frequently try to call the shots but be inept at best in many cases. Dunning Kruger effect in full display.

3. Play is heavily imbalanced in many cases. Instances of extreme camping, yolo, or MM have occurred at various times if not all at once.

4. Toxicity is at an all time high in ranked, at least in the past. Dunno about now since i dont play nearly enough to get a grasp of the meta or team compositions.

5. You expect people to be competent only to be disappointed. At least in random games i can go in full well knowing to expect absolutely nothing in many cases.

6. Any rewards from ranked hardly appeal to me and it is far too easy to game the system if you have a handful of players willing to throw or otherwise influence the outcome of matches.

7. Variety in ranked is often restricted to a few tanks that are in the meta. IDGAF and drive whatever, but you see less than 1/3 of the tech trees on rotation across a play session.

Tldr; i find it annoying in most of the time. I also dont play all that much anymore and stopped caring for the game past using it to kill time with the friends and acquaintances ive made. Probably coulda said the above points more eloquently in less words but im on mobile and am just typing as i go. 

Words to live by

I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.

Immel_man #20 Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54743 battles
  • [YODA_]
I think the current majority of players in ratings are just trying to clear their mission and dgaf. I swear the skill level for most are worse than pub battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users