Jump to content


Nerf the pen on everything!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

King__David #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:09 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41205 battles
  • 192
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

Now plz forgive me if this is just stupid, but I THINK I have very good reasons. So hear me out. Blitz is not PC. Meaning we are much closer to the enemy. (smaller maps and weak spots are closer) For the most part, I would say about around 60-80% of our shots are made within 50-200 meters and tiers only meet 1 tier higher. So why is it necessary to have really good pen when it should be just good enough. So certain tanks obviously would not be getting nerfed. (ones that suffer from low pen already) While others could definitely use a few mm off their pen....cough t34 and other tanks. There are 3 types of pen low, medium and high at each tier. Low pen will not get nerfed. Medium pen will get a small nerf and high pen will get a slightly bigger nerf while of course still being much higher than the medium pen. What I am saying is if tanks got their armor nerfed then penetration should be getting nerfed as well. 

 

Let's talk about gold ammo now. Its very simple (I think) prem ammo should be like 15-30 mm higher than standard. There is no need for 260 to over 300 mm of penetration at tier 8. Tier 8s do not meet tier 10s on blitz......(99% of the time)

 

Just to be clear I am only talking about like 5-10 mm lower than whatever it's standard pen is right now. This is not including calibrated shells. I also believe calibrated shells should be removed from Blitz.  

 

I am really curious to hear what you guys have to say. I would love your input on this. Help me out....or am I just crazy? 



djhiz #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Never Say Die

  • Players
  • 19372 battles
  • 1,092
  • [F2K]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014

This would require further re-balancing beyond just nerfing penetration. Tanks that really only have their guns going for them would be devastated (many British Tanks), while tanks with high penetration, but also armor/caliber/other things going for them (T34 in your example, etc...) would fare a lot better.

 

I have never liked the idea of adding lots of armor as a balancing factor (which is essentially what a general penetration nerf would accomplish) because of how damage is modeled in this game. If shots did some variable damage to armor when a non-pen happens (but not full damage), I'd be maybe OK with this idea, but because Blitz models damage as a not penetration = ZERO damage, penetration is too valuable a trait to be outright nerfed like that. There would have to be other serious balancing changes that would offset the penetration nerf involving potentially unrealistic mobility/general gun handling buffs.

 

Penetration has already been nerfed at tier ten once , and now tournaments seem to rely a lot on Heavies (or so I've heard). Mediums were over-used before that, but now I don't think they're counted as on the same level as super-heavies and such, which is never the end-goal.


 

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles


Si1verBlood #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 14912 battles
  • 772
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015
Guy with a maus pfp, maus as the most played tank and HT as his most played tier complaining about other tanks having more chance to pen him....is what my input is on this matter.....and with monsters like the obj252 rolling on the battlefield...we need a pen buff if anything

Sepp_Ulrich #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37957 battles
  • 1,060
  • [21DAK]
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

Sure man, nerf all. And then all Tiers will be a 7 minutes show of boredom, like low tiers after 5.5.

Try harder

View PostKing__David, on 20 July 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Now plz forgive me if this is just stupid, but I THINK I have very good reasons. So hear me out. Blitz is not PC. Meaning we are much closer to the enemy. (smaller maps and weak spots are closer) For the most part, I would say about around 60-80% of our shots are made within 50-200 meters and tiers only meet 1 tier higher. So why is it necessary to have really good pen when it should be just good enough. So certain tanks obviously would not be getting nerfed. (ones that suffer from low pen already) While others could definitely use a few mm off their pen....cough t34 and other tanks. There are 3 types of pen low, medium and high at each tier. Low pen will not get nerfed. Medium pen will get a small nerf and high pen will get a slightly bigger nerf while of course still being much higher than the medium pen. What I am saying is if tanks got their armor nerfed then penetration should be getting nerfed as well. 

 

Let's talk about gold ammo now. Its very simple (I think) prem ammo should be like 15-30 mm higher than standard. There is no need for 260 to over 300 mm of penetration at tier 8. Tier 8s do not meet tier 10s on blitz......(99% of the time)

 

Just to be clear I am only talking about like 5-10 mm lower than whatever it's standard pen is right now. This is not including calibrated shells. I also believe calibrated shells should be removed from Blitz.  

 

I am really curious to hear what you guys have to say. I would love your input on this. Help me out....or am I just crazy? 

 


The Angel of Verdun

LowerPlate #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 71 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-29-2018

View PostSepp_Ulrich, on 20 July 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sure man, nerf all. And then all Tiers will be a 7 minutes show of boredom, like low tiers after 5.5.

Try harder

 

If you consider the fact that most of the playerbase struggles to pen/hit anything with current pen vallues...this statement is even more true



Destroy0 #6 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

    Currently Unavailable

  • Players
  • 20534 battles
  • 2,213
  • [FRS17]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016
1 tank..
Vk 100.01p
Enough said

__Crusader6__ #7 Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 58763 battles
  • 11,485
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Buff Med/Light Pen
 
Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


King__David #8 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41205 battles
  • 192
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

Let me try to show a different perspective.  Many tanks on blitz are not identical to their PC versions for obvious reasons, but one thing that does stand true for 90% of the blitz tanks are the penetration values. Most blitz tanks have the same pen as PC tanks. What I'm getting at is I don't think it's far for a pather II having to fight a T34 on a smaller map. It has 248 mm of pen. Yes, the T34 should still have really high pen but not that high on blitz. I think it would be reasonable if it had like 240 or maybe 238. To keep things somewhat balanced other tanks around it will also be getting nerfed. That way it's not just a few tanks or all high penning tanks that are getting nerfed. That way tanks that suffer from fighting in close quarters will have slightly better odds.

 

In short, what they did at tier x on blitz they should do to all tiers. 

 

(separate issue) Autoloaders suffer from the same issue. Up close they can be very dangerous you can lose 900 to over 1200 of your HP if you are not careful. On PC you have a lot more room and time to deal with them. 



FussyRude #9 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4917 battles
  • 831
  • [AZUR]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018
Or just add japanese heavies!   
#LoveLuchs

King__David #10 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:53 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41205 battles
  • 192
  • [KNELL]
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostFussyRude, on 20 July 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Or just add japanese heavies!   

Russian bias will go out the window....I like the idea.



minitel_NA #11 Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,093
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015
I’m so glad wargaming never reads any of this.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


tanker070 #12 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

    The Nitwit

  • Players
  • 54548 battles
  • 1,197
  • [SRT-A]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 20 July 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I’m so glad wargaming never reads any of this.

 

True .. if they did we already would have Jap heavies HE durping all over th joint


Commentary tanking →_→ #tankerTalks

My projects: www.clan-skill.com   LoweringYourExpectations on Youtube   SRT-AGOGE   CreatorsClub

[SRT] https://discord.gg/ZDY4Dpk

Take Deep Breaths Often.


tedg5 #13 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:17 AM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 48638 battles
  • 4,807
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
As said above, we don’t need more draws. We used to have many more, it doesn’t add to the game. :playing:

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6392 battles
  • 951
  • [KALKI]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostFussyRude, on 20 July 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Or just add japanese heavies!   

^^^ :medal:


_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.


SullBhit #15 Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27451 battles
  • 346
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016

Every national sport in the country promotes offense for a reason.  Offense is fun.  Defense is... blech.  Low ratings.  No viewers.

 

Who wants to spend money running around bouncing 50% of your shots?  I personally play 100% free but I would simply find another free game that’s more exciting.



Meat_Locker #16 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 38338 battles
  • 976
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

Pen should be lore reliable on everything. There are far too many bounces in the current game. I just finished a matched wherein I bounced AP off of the rear and side of an LTTB twice and then a HEAT round off of a mutant in my mf’ing 15cm Borsig. 5 bounces and one pen in the match. 

Alas, although this example is high, it isn’t incredibly uncommon. 


 


Defaultz #17 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:06 PM

    Yolos get you Kolos

  • Players
  • 29493 battles
  • 1,036
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2015
Tier 10 mediums are nigh useless because they had their penetration nerfed. Heck off.

Si1verBlood #18 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 14912 battles
  • 772
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostDefaultz, on 21 July 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Tier 10 mediums are nigh useless because they had their penetration nerfed. Heck off.

assuming that is why you dont play7 the obj140 anymore?

 



DanAnsomeHansome #19 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36534 battles
  • 1,611
  • Member since:
    06-01-2015
It’s a 7 minute battle.  If you make it harder to pen there will be a lot more games ending in a draw. 

__Crusader6__ #20 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 58763 battles
  • 11,485
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
The OP is a heavy player. He just wants to be able to waddle his Maus to cap and bounce every shot. 
 
Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users