Damage from turrets

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

AntoineDodson #1 Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27059 battles
  • [DOOMD]

Thoughts on receiving damage from a blown off turret? It’s not realistic at all.

Was in a game where I witnessed a Red IS-7 take well over 1k of damage from a stupid turret, well over. It took probably 80% of his full hp away.

It was an extremely close game where we took the loss. Almost certain we would have won without the turret fluke.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

WhiskeyCyclone #2 Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21599 battles
  • [LONR]
That sounds ridiculous. If a turret landing on an IS -7 can do over 1000 in damage, then ramming should get a buff. 

Keep it old school. 

AntoineDodson #3 Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27059 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View PostWhiskeyCyclone, on 20 July 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

That sounds ridiculous. If a turret landing on an IS -7 can do over 1000 in damage, then ramming should get a buff. 

Yeah the turret somehow kept on top of it a little and his hp just melted away. I should have screen recorded it.

And hide your husband

minitel_NA #4 Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 20 July 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Yeah the turret somehow kept on top of it a little and his hp just melted away. I should have screen recorded it.

replays ?

thats what replays are for. 

I see no reason why people keep replays off only to come here and tell the story of their life using their hands and sometimes a screenshot. what is hard about replays ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Vantablack12 #5 Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 11487 battles
  • [K9]
WoT has the same feature. I don't see an issue with taking damage from a turret.
I cant find anything to put here.

AntoineDodson #6 Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27059 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View PostVantablack12, on 20 July 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

WoT has the same feature. I don't see an issue with taking damage from a turret.

I can understand if the turret hits you from being blown off you take a ONE TIME damage hit. But if the turret sits on you it MELTS away your hp??? NO. That makes no sense.

And hide your husband

Absolute_Sniper #7 Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35698 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 20 July 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

I can understand if the turret hits you from being blown off you take a ONE TIME damage hit. But if the turret sits on you it MELTS away your hp??? NO. That makes no sense.

Same as driving an elc on top of a maus. It shouldn’t cause any damage but it will. Just a game mechanic that we have to live with. 

tankeatingtiger #8 Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:18 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18718 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 20 July 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Thoughts on receiving damage from a blown off turret? It’s not realistic at all.

Was in a game where I witnessed a Red IS-7 take well over 1k of damage from a stupid turret, well over. It took probably 80% of his full hp away.

It was an extremely close game where we took the loss. Almost certain we would have won without the turret fluke.

3 points:

-So you think that when a hunk of metal that can weigh up to 50 tons lands on your tank, nothing will happen?

-For the thousandth time, this is not a realistic game. Play WT if you want realism.

-Also, of all the things that are completely unrealistic, you complain about this? You have autohealing tanks, all the transmissions work, and you have OP tanks either adopted from board games or created from thin air, and this is the thing that you complain about?

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

OKA_BOCTOKA #9 Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14995 battles
  • [5TH-D]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 20 July 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

3 points:

-So you think that when a hunk of metal that can weigh up to 50 tons lands on your tank, nothing will happen?

-For the thousandth time, this is not a realistic game. Play WT if you want realism.

-Also, of all the things that are completely unrealistic, you complain about this? You have autohealing tanks, all the transmissions work, and you have OP tanks either adopted from board games or created from thin air, and this is the thing that you complain about?

Since this game is unrealistic as you say, why should the turret do so much damage? Almost half the hp gone due to some gimmick; this should be scaled down.

Also what's the gripe with realism? You make this sound like a lot of unrealistic elements of this game automatically make any request for realism invalid. If anything shouldn't this game move towards greater realism? Then perhaps the turret landing damage would make sense.

В бой!

AntoineDodson #10 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27059 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 20 July 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

3 points:

So a turret lands on you? You think it’s going to KEEP damaging your tank until you eventually die? Duh

And hide your husband

tedg5 #11 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:13 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48638 battles
  • [AGOGO]
May not be “realistic”, but it’s a known game mechanic. As said above, it’s the same as a tank driven on top of another causes damage till it’s moved off. For your is7 to stop that hp loss, just move away from the turret. Also as stated above, you don’t seem to complain about unrealistic mechanics that are benefiting you. It just part of the game.... Ö :harp:

tankeatingtiger #12 Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:31 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18718 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostOKA_BOCTOKA, on 20 July 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Since this game is unrealistic as you say, why should the turret do so much damage? Almost half the hp gone due to some gimmick; this should be scaled down.

Also what's the gripe with realism? You make this sound like a lot of unrealistic elements of this game automatically make any request for realism invalid. If anything shouldn't this game move towards greater realism? Then perhaps the turret landing damage would make sense.

It is unrealistic in the sense that you are not instantly killed. 

And if the game were to move toward greater realism (:D) that would certainly not be one of the first things to get fixed.

View PostAntoineDodson, on 20 July 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

So a turret lands on you? You think it’s going to KEEP damaging your tank until you eventually die? Duh

As I said before, would you like it better if it killed you the moment it lands on you? I think not.

Spoiler

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users