Maybe it's time to give it up?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

1oldgrouch #1 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18372 battles
  • [MOMGA]
I just can't buy a win. That isn't so bad but nearly all my shots don't pen even when facing a flat side armor of an enemy. Many of my shots bounce or just disappear into the enemy and the idiot tank commander voice says "That's going to hurt" or some other programmed response. I'm really fairly serious about giving it up, I'm way too old to be called a nob, nub, newb and several other insults from the very abusive players. The sad part is, they may very well be right. I have spent a good chunk of change playing this game but I really feel the over the past month or so, I may be getting worse. I appreciate all the assistance people from the forum have given me over the last few years and I am grateful to everyone for putting up with an old grouch over time. I'm still mulling things over and I may just need a break.  
Farts are Natures Flowers

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [DETH]

A break may be the thing to do, especially if this has been a prolonged thing and not just one run. 

Don't forget to stick your head in here once in a while, though.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

4sfield #3 Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:45 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [-1]

I just got downvoted after a game for saying, “nubs” and nothing else. At the beginning I said, “play your tank” and “don’t play one spot”. I looked them all up afterwards, a 52%er with 46k battles and 5  <49%ers, I was correct in calling them nubs. Nubs that can’t take being called a nub, want to win but can’t because they are nubs and won’t do anything about it because they think they aren’t nubs and finally nubs that think MH exists to keep guys from calling them nubs. THE GAME IS OVER RUN BY USELESS NUBS. They have been empowered and encouraged which has only made them into sanctimonious, mentally challenged twits with no sense of responsibility. These nubs that have been created and enabled by the ownership are contrary to what a team game is supposed to provide its player base with and because of it everything about the game has become a lie. 

I killed 3 in that battle and ran frontline with a TD and 2 coward mediums who ran away both times we got into an engagement like their job was done. I had to fight a full health medium for my spot late in the game who had played his tank like a TD for the duration, he got me shot twice but he didn’t play any differently than the other guys that weren’t running with me. I had to play with 2 cowards who think that the only advantage a fast tank has is the ability to run away and 4 campers who do nothing and playthe same spot until they are flanked and killed from behind. ITS THE SAME EVERY GODAM GAME.

Quitting this thing is a no brainer, it’s us guys who are sticking around that are the stupid ones.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Rou_Garou #4 Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27099 battles
  • [509AB]

I went through this and have come to the conclusion the times you play are critical.  In the evenings and weekends, you are putting yourself at risk of  disappointment.  My 30 day has started to come back some since I changed my habit of playing whenever I wanted. If I do play on evenings, my mindset is to be a test run with limited expectations.

I'm also convinced WG is guilty of the treachery of the teams by selling out tier 8-10 to the masses of uneducated players without providing any training.

I hear Bushka has free time to get on the payroll and show them how...

Don't rush in;  Be patient and Don't brawl unnecessarily;  Know your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

Vater_Von_Tom #5 Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25441 battles
  • [SPUDX]
My WR plummeted and it really pi$$sed me off....at first. Now, I no longer care. Taking a break really helps.

WhiskeyCyclone #6 Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21575 battles
  • [LONR]

View PostVater_Von_Tom, on 21 July 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

My WR plummeted and it really pi$$sed me off....at first. Now, I no longer care. Taking a break really helps.

Same here. Just remember why you loved the game to begin with and try to tap into that. Everything else is trivial.

Keep it old school. 

andyllinger #7 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 29454 battles
  • [--M--]
Tbh i only keep playing this game to not feel like i wasted all the money I've put into it... It stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T.

Veritas_601 #8 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25087 battles
  • [CITY]

But see this is the thing, we long ago began avoiding playing during holidays and summer breaks because window lickers would come out of the woodwork to play, then it was weekends and evenings.  What kind of game is it ask yourself if you can’t play the game for fear of running into the potatoes of the world. And it is all hours of the day and night, weekends etc that you will rage for all that is the playerbase or teams or glitches 

Long ago it was suggested that we instead have MM that took more into account actual progression in skills AND force new players to achieve more along their tier grinds with missions or milestones for WR that is more earned and allowed than just free for all battles with randoms. 

Also, considering glitches like lag, afk, ghost shells, flying tanks or tanks diving into terrain, etc the containers are the only thing that replenish your losses but then again you have losing streaks that rob you all from the aforementioned game issues. 

Edited by Veritas_601, 22 July 2019 - 12:40 AM.

j0nn0 #9 Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:46 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19061 battles
  • [XREGS]

Take a break to rethink your perspective. I do it now and then. My current approach to playing the game is to find a few rides i like to play and not give a damn about the rest of the players. DR matters little. Same with WR, spots, etc. I play to kill time at this point. When the battles stop being fun, i go find something else to do. 

Another suggestion: join up on some mass count ins such as Gladiator Nights with Triarii on Wednesdays. Having a near 100% chance of the entire team not be random mooks is nice when there are enough of is counting in. 

Words to live by

I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.

Veritas_601 #10 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25087 battles
  • [CITY]

Again, it’s a game you have to take a break from? If you don’t know who the mark is, it’s you buddy. Just saying

plsdontkillmexxx #11 Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8175 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post1oldgrouch, on 22 July 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

I just can't buy a win. That isn't so bad but nearly all my shots don't pen even when facing a flat side armor of an enemy. Many of my shots bounce or just disappear into the enemy and the idiot tank commander voice says "That's going to hurt" or some other programmed response. I'm really fairly serious about giving it up, I'm way too old to be called a nob, nub, newb and several other insults from the very abusive players. The sad part is, they may very well be right. I have spent a good chunk of change playing this game but I really feel the over the past month or so, I may be getting worse. I appreciate all the assistance people from the forum have given me over the last few years and I am grateful to everyone for putting up with an old grouch over time. I'm still mulling things over and I may just need a break.  

Probably. why care if someone calls you a nub? just take the good with the bad. you're playing for your own pleasure, not to please anyone. I think the game has got better since recent updates. the teams seem more even, not so many steamrolls. I had a great game in my black prince the other day, where I was the last tank alive facing three reds. I took them out one by one, and won the game for the team, and four players gave me 'effective player' votes. games like that tend to make up for any bad stuff.  :)

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 22 July 2019 - 02:06 PM.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

_Cletus #12 Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23475 battles
  • [HAHA]
I gets frustrating sometimes.  I had a game last night in the LTTB where towards the end I was trying to take out a one shot while trying to avoid being hit by him and a second tank.  We were losing already.  Anyway, I missed my shot.  A guy was watching and laid into me about it, I couldn't hit a one shot, why didn't I stop and aim.  I was a one shot as well, and if you stop and aim in an LTTB, while brawling with two tanks, it's a quick death.  It's frustrating to get whined at for just playing the game by some ahole who was not as good as I am.  Maybe I need a break too.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Doilky #13 Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14966 battles
  • [EXTRA]

What I have been finding is that if I play a light or a med my team has a better chance of winning.  If I play a TD or a Heavy we are more likely to lose.  

I have to sum it up to the fact that when I play a light or a med I will get out and spot.  When I play a Heavy or TD my meds and lights rarely spot. 

It really helps to know where the reds are going, and a lot of light and med players don't seem to understand that. 

Also, when I get on a losing streak, I will head back to tier 5.  It's not that the player base is so much better, it's that it feels easier to carry the team in a good tier 5 tank. 

My favorite Teir 5's being the AMX ELC BIS, the Krupp and the T67(which I play more like a light usually)

I still get called a Nub and sometimes I deserve it.  Just the other day I was in my Krupp against a one shot Stug.  Usually I have no issues going through the front of a Stug, but I bounced 3 shells off his front plate and he ended up killing me. RNG can make us all look like Nubs...

Edited by Doilky, 22 July 2019 - 04:57 PM.

boppinbobby #14 Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51427 battles
  • [HJG2]

View Postandyllinger, on 21 July 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Tbh i only keep playing this game to not feel like i wasted all the money I've put into it... It stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

i think that sums me up too. 

i finally quit the WOWB fleet I started and deleted the app yesterday. i only bought 1 premium and there is even less teamwork on boats so i wasn't getting any better. and I definitely wasn't as addicted. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

BodyCount37 #15 Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19862 battles
  • [-VEX-]

Yeah, I've had a rough time to, I've been more focused on damaged and wr and so i've been playing tier 10 constantly and on weekends its the worst. I dropped from 57.32 to 57.26 in a matter of hours and it pissed me off constantly being put up against players like [_V_], [RGN], [_STR8] and having fail platoons and brain dead monkeys being put on my team and I being the last guy alive and getting tunneled butt rushed yoloed by the unicums over and over threw me off my hinges and had my frustrated as a baby trying to learn how to walk. I decided I was just going to go back to one of my first loves in the game. Decided to go run a few in my good old M4 Sherman after I have neglected it for a long time being a tier 5 with all the newbies at tier 5. Played it for a while and got my sanity and humanity back and just helped me relax.

#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users