I've noticed more games where the winrates are lopsided

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

instantsiv #1 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

I've noticed more games where I'm the only one above 50% and the other team has 5-6 50%ers and 60%ers.

I've also noticed it the other way too where the other team is overwhelming 40%ers and we've got a lot of 50%ers and up.

I don't really see a pattern to how many games played, some are lots some have played very little.

Anyone else notice this? What is going on?

4sfield #2 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:22 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [-1]

View Postinstantsiv, on 21 July 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

I've noticed more games where I'm the only one above 50% and the other team has 5-6 50%ers and 60%ers.

I've also noticed it the other way too where the other team is overwhelming 40%ers and we've got a lot of 50%ers and up.

I don't really see a pattern to how many games played, some are lots some have played very little.

HERE ARE SO MANY 40%ers that it’s impossible to balance mm by WR. Also, some 40%eds play a lot better than that because they have so many battles and have improved since they stared but progress is slow because of the overall battle count.

Here’s the thing, it’s not about your WR or the reds team’s WR. It’s about what your guys do against the red guys in the battle you’re matched in. As long as everyone plays As a team it doesn’t matter what the WRs are. I’ve seen 40% teams kill @ team with 3 60%ers, it’s because they did everything right. 

Everyone needs to stop whining about WRs. If We’re gonna whine about something we need to whine about worthlessness. I don’t care what a guy’s WR is if he’s in there trying and gives a good account of himself. It’s the guys who do nothing and then whine about everyone else I can’t stand.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

__Crusader6__ #3 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:23 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58761 battles
  • [-C6-]

Play more games...

It is about as random as one can get -- the biggest issue is the outliers jump out and get remembered a lot more.

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:37 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [DETH]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 21 July 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Play more games...

It is about as random as one can get -- the biggest issue is the outliers jump out and get remembered a lot more.

View Post4sfield, on 21 July 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Here’s the thing, it’s not about your WR or the reds team’s WR. It’s about what your guys do against the red guys in the battle you’re matched in. As long as everyone plays As a team it doesn’t matter what the WRs are. I’ve seen 40% teams kill @ team with 3 60%ers, it’s because they did everything right. 

Everyone needs to stop whining about WRs. If We’re gonna whine about something we need to whine about worthlessness. I don’t care what a guy’s WR is if he’s in there trying and gives a good account of himself. It’s the guys who do nothing and then whine about everyone else I can’t stand.

True. Winrates as they influence a single battle aren't the driving force behind a win or loss. It's basically only a matter of experience and then the rest is up to the ebb and flow of the battle. Also as Cru says the outliers stick out. Right now you really just fall into the massive wad of people who complain about teams and MM yet have no screenshots or proof or data to back it up. 

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

instantsiv #5 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 22 July 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

True. Winrates as they influence a single battle aren't the driving force behind a win or loss. It's basically only a matter of experience and then the rest is up to the ebb and flow of the battle. Also as Cru says the outliers stick out. Right now you really just fall into the massive wad of people who complain about teams and MM yet have no screenshots or proof or data to back it up. 

I'd have to post 14 screenshots of people's winrates times however many games.

5 games would be 70 screen shots

10 games would be 140 screen shots

25 games would be 350 screen shots

You're being is unreasonable.

as15eternal #6 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7794 battles
  • [ETD15]

View Postinstantsiv, on 22 July 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Ikr they match us against 60%ers and we got trash people

as15eternal #7 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7794 battles
  • [ETD15]
your right because im a 41%er and thats all they say if im a 60% they would not probably care if you had 0 dmg

tankeatingtiger #8 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:51 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postinstantsiv, on 21 July 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

I'd have to post 14 screenshots of people's winrates times however many games.

5 games would be 70 screen shots

10 games would be 140 screen shots

25 games would be 350 screen shots

You're being is unreasonable.

That was merely an example. Put the winrates of every single player in every single game for multiple days into Excel then. That is completely reasonable

YouTube Channel: 

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

as15eternal #9 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7794 battles
  • [ETD15]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 22 July 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

That was merely an example. Put the winrates of every single player in every single game for multiple days into Excel then. That is completely reasonable

But you could have a crappy winrate but be a good players

as15eternal #10 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7794 battles
  • [ETD15]
its more how you play and you can be geting 4k dmg and your team sucks

tankeatingtiger #11 Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:55 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postas15eternal, on 21 July 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

But you could have a crappy winrate but be a good players

In that battle yes. Over thousands of battles that is a paradox.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

as15eternal #12 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7794 battles
  • [ETD15]
lol

instantsiv #13 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 22 July 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

You must have a lot of free time if you think that's a reasonable way to spend your time. You try doing that and see how long it takes. You'd be spending more time doing that than you would be playing the game.

tankeatingtiger #14 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:08 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18678 battles
  • [DETH]

View Postinstantsiv, on 21 July 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

You must have a lot of free time if you think that's a reasonable way to spend your time. You try doing that and see how long it takes. You'd be spending more time doing that than you would be playing the game.

I am in the middle of recording every shot I landed for a hundred battles. This way I can actually have data when I say that this or that game mechanic is rigged in stead of arguing pointlessly and sounding like every other tinfoil hatter.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 22 July 2019 - 03:08 AM.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

4sfield #15 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:16 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [-1]

In case somebody is still missing the point,

The only play you can control in this game is yours. You can’t control your team mates or even what kind of team mates you get. I’ve beaten 60% ers and teams full of better players than my team had. I’ve also had 60%ers and lost to a team full of 40%ers. 

It’s not about the WRs, it’s about what your team does to win. 

FREE _stealy!!!

instantsiv #16 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 22 July 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

I am in the middle of recording every shot I landed for a hundred battles. This way I can actually have data when I say that this or that game mechanic is rigged in stead of arguing pointlessly and sounding like every other tinfoil hatter.

No one said the game is rigged other than you. I'm not the one wasting my time recording every shot for whatever tinfoil theory it is you have to try and make some kind of argument. You are projecting.

instantsiv #17 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

View Post4sfield, on 22 July 2019 - 03:16 AM, said:

In case somebody is still missing the point,

The only play you can control in this game is yours. You can’t control your team mates or even what kind of team mates you get. I’ve beaten 60% ers and teams full of better players than my team had. I’ve also had 60%ers and lost to a team full of 40%ers. 

It’s not about the WRs, it’s about what your team does to win. 

"You can't control your team"

"It's about what your team does to win"

"The only play you can control in this game is yours"

---

The only thing you can do is be better... but at the end of the day it's all about what your team does?

4sfield #18 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:37 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [-1]

View Postinstantsiv, on 21 July 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

"You can't control your team"

"It's about what your team does to win"

"The only play you can control in this game is yours"

---

The only thing you can do is be better... but at the end of the day it's all about what your team does?

When the battle button is pressed and you spawn in you have no idea what you’re u against or what you’ve been dealt. It’s up to you to play your best with your team to beat the other team. When you don’t you lose, when you do you win, WR is irrelevant. Outplay the reds or lose, that’s how you have to look at it.

Nobody knows what any win rates are until the game is over. Play to win, don’t play to survive, don’t play to not lose, play to win. That’s the whole problem with every player who sucks, he isn’t playing to win. He’s playing to survive and not lose or he’s playing to complete his godam stupid mission so he can get his godam stupid chest. He’s kill or damage farming, playing remor or camping and farming damage. He doesn’t understand what he should be doing because he’s hung up on those godam credits that come with the chest.

Team work makes the dream work. If you’re not going to play your tank to its role you’re just worthless. WR doesn’t matter, what does is that your trying to play with the team and win. Guys who aren’t and are just looking out for themselves are worthless, it doesn’t matter what their WR is. I’ve lost games because good players farmed and didn’t use their hp pool. I’ve done it myself. It was my fault, it sure wasn’t the guys that I was using selfishly.

Team play, that’s what it’s about. Until everyone grasps that and the things they have to do and sacrifice to accomplish it this thing is gonna suck. It has little to do with WR.

FREE _stealy!!!

Chiefmac #19 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 40500 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post4sfield, on 21 July 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

HERE ARE SO MANY 40%ers that it’s impossible to balance mm by WR. Also, some 40%eds play a lot better than that because they have so many battles and have improved since they stared but progress is slow because of the overall battle count.

Well said ! X2

instantsiv #20 Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 825 battles

View Post4sfield, on 22 July 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

Nobody knows what any win rates are until the game is over.

War gaming does.

If war gaming is dealing out losing cards I'd like to be aware of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users