Matchmaking New MM

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Rou_Garou #21 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29219 battles
  • [509AB]

Just break out the ban hammer and start banging away at these trolls with perma bans and publicize it.

You know; like public hangings

Why make new laws when you don't enforce the laws you have in place with tools to enforce.

More stuff to break if you ask me and you can't fix what you already have.

So don't waste our time with another appeasement attempt like military honor turned out to be.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

o7

Don't rush inBe patient and Don't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

RonaldusMaximus_ #22 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8307 battles
  • [HAHA]
Like a red lettered name... Like they used to have for tkers in blue, but for afkers instead? I could see that working. 

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

Dark_Magician_Girl #23 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:15 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 38031 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 13 August 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Don't you think people will just get bored as hell and not do that? Playing against bots at tier 2 for X amount of games sounds awful. With the cheating Onoa riggers they still had the challenge of avoiding 5 reds and winning a battle for some stimulation. 

I think HoF should be pretty safe as long as people can demonstrate that each red player had a  games played history/aka not bots.

I don't think they will get tired of it at all.  There are players who do much worse things to others for tens of thousands of games and never get tired of it.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

DestructSean #24 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles

DMG is right. All you need to do is play trashy and cause your team to lose. Then go to the kiddie pool and farm it up for a few mega games. You could easily have epic battles that may make the top damage on blitzstars. Once the trash bags figure this out, they will abuse the system and win rate will be a blurred line. No way to tell who plays epic in the real pool or just a bottom feeder in the kiddie pool.

WG isn’t cleaning up the game for the dedicated diehards, they are giving away win rates to trash bags. This is purely for maximum monetary gain and no thought about making it better for those who love the game. Maybe I’m wrong, but their track record says otherwise.

HugGigolo #25 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22627 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 13 August 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thank god it's only on EU/CIS

If it were on NA, RIP my stats. Having fewer noobs in the queue would make carrying so much harder.

There's also a population requirement. In the last few days NA is peaking in the 5-6k range. If the threshold is 8k (same as the earlier tank-type MM change) it's only gonna kick in during events, even then during peak hours only.

HugGigolo #26 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22627 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostDestructSean, on 13 August 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

DMG is right. All you need to do is play trashy and cause your team to lose. Then go to the kiddie pool and farm it up for a few mega games. You could easily have epic battles that may make the top damage on blitzstars. Once the trash bags figure this out, they will abuse the system and win rate will be a blurred line. No way to tell who plays epic in the real pool or just a bottom feeder in the kiddie pool.

WG isn’t cleaning up the game for the dedicated diehards, they are giving away win rates to trash bags. This is purely for maximum monetary gain and no thought about making it better for those who love the game. Maybe I’m wrong, but their track record says otherwise.

While I agree that some people could game the system (this will always be true when random MM is compromised), I don't see how it could be for "maximum monetary gain." Players have been complaining about bad teammates for ages, basically asking for this exact feature, yet you rush straight to the WG milking $$$ trope. 

DestructSean #27 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:10 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles

View PostHugGigolo, on 14 August 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

While I agree that some people could game the system (this will always be true when random MM is compromised), I don't see how it could be for "maximum monetary gain." Players have been complaining about bad teammates for ages, basically asking for this exact feature, yet you rush straight to the WG milking $$$ trope. 

yep, people that lose constantly quit. Give them the ability to win in a controlled environment and they’ll stay. 

____Zer0____ #28 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31439 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Make the noob queue like mad games where stats aren’t recorded like traditional games are.  That way if someone wants to exploit it to have massive games they won’t count against wn8

DestructSean #29 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles

View Postzeur0sis, on 14 August 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

Make the noob queue like mad games where stats aren’t recorded like traditional games are.  That way if someone wants to exploit it to have massive games they won’t count against wn8

Good call. Win win for everyone. 

WrenchThrower281 #30 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
I said in another thread that instead of this it should force the player to go down tiers until they do better then it will unlock the high tiers again. That way it can't be abused like DMG said. And that will happen for sure.

DanAnsomeHansome #31 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36536 battles
Doesn’t this all prove that wg could have done something about serial afk’ers a long time ago ? I think it’s all going to depend where they set the bar. 

_warL0rd_ #32 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44544 battles
  • [FOE]

View Postzeur0sis, on 14 August 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

True!

I have been saying forever that we need two queues, one for competitive play and one for casual play. Instead, WG introduced this new idiotic “game mode” “Mad Games” that isnt anything like the original. Its good that stats dont matter there, but we still get casuals that dont care about the distinction between the modes. they yolo and jack_a$$ it up because thats what they got conditioned to do. 

I like this new matchmaking move, as its a step in the right direction but it might backfire and INCREASE the trolling, abuse and bad play from players want to get into the “noob queue” to farm stats.

Edited by _warL0rd_, 14 August 2019 - 01:44 PM.

Kiser_Sosei #33 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostWrenchThrower281, on 14 August 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

I said in another thread that instead of this it should force the player to go down tiers until they do better then it will unlock the high tiers again. That way it can't be abused like DMG said. And that will happen for sure.

This. They play in the kiddie pool until they learn how to swim. WG is just lazy, they easily monitize the kiddie pool tiers and then all the window lickers can stay down there and shoot the clouds all they like. When they so choose to actually shoot a tank then they can go past tier 5.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

_deathstalker_ #34 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21859 battles
  • [UBER]

DMG is right, there will always be people trying to game the system.  Happens in real life every day.  I just would hope that players who are good players wouldn't feel the need to go to the kiddie pool to beef up their stats.  And those who are trolls, or jerks will get relegated and they won't be good enough to get out of there.  I personally would not mind seeing those chronic AFK players not being part of a game I am in.  I get no satisfaction of blowing up an AFK tank.   Sometimes I just marvel at the efforts people go to in this pixel game.  

WouldChip #35 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 37849 battles
  • [III]

I feel like most of you are missing the forest for the trees here. WG has carefully worded this to appeal to as many of you as possible. All I see in this is WR based MM that has been easily argued against for years. You want everyone to merge to an average WR? This is how it's done. If you don't see it, let me explain.

Let's say I start playing and over 4 games, I average 75% (3 out of 4). WG decides I'm winning too much and places me in Advanced queue. In Advanced queue, I win 25% over 4 games (1 out of 4), and now decides I need to go to the kiddie pool. I realize that these are not necessarily the number of games or WR that WG would use, but it's just an example for this illustration.

Now do the math. Using the above numbers, I would average 50% (4 games won out of 8). Extrapolate any period length you like, it will always come out to 50%. WG has just worded this differently to hopefully gain some acceptance for some new MM rules. If this is what you want, you're nuts.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

_warL0rd_ #36 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44544 battles
  • [FOE]

View PostWouldChip, on 14 August 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I feel like most of you are missing the forest for the trees here. WG has carefully worded this to appeal to as many of you as possible. All I see in this is WR based MM that has been easily argued against for years. You want everyone to merge to an average WR? This is how it's done. If you don't see it, let me explain.

Let's say I start playing and over 4 games, I average 75% (3 out of 4). WG decides I'm winning too much and places me in Advanced queue. In Advanced queue, I win 25% over 4 games (1 out of 4), and now decides I need to go to the kiddie pool. I realize that these are not necessarily the number of games or WR that WG would use, but it's just an example for this illustration.

Now do the math. Using the above numbers, I would average 50% (4 games won out of 8). Extrapolate any period length you like, it will always come out to 50%. WG has just worded this differently to hopefully gain some acceptance for some new MM rules. If this is what you want, you're nuts.

You have a point but, I wouldnt care if my wr went to a flat 50% due to the hybrid MM. At least the games would be competitive, and (if implemented properly ) kiddie pool would be a deterrent, not a goal. 

I refute your argument with this; Even in this environment great and good players will find a way to excel, and win rate would be a true measurement of skill, not a result of gaming the system. There will still exist a bell curve of results over time. 

Si1verBlood #37 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15518 battles
  • [SR-71]

as I mentionned in another  thread: This will make the kiddie q have extra long battlles....since they will either :

a) try to play capture the base in encounter

b)miss/not pen shots making it a useless shell exchange festival

c) legit camp the whole match waiting for the enmy to get in their sights while reds are doing the same

P.S:Also, I agree with DMG`s point about this system being easily exploitable.

Edited by Si1verBlood, 14 August 2019 - 05:56 PM.

Kiser_Sosei #38 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32267 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_warL0rd_, on 14 August 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

You have a point but, I wouldnt care if my wr went to a flat 50% due to the hybrid MM. At least the games would be competitive, and (if implemented properly ) kiddie pool would be a deterrent, not a goal. 

I refute your argument with this; Even in this environment great and good players will find a way to excel, and win rate would be a true measurement of skill, not a result of gaming the system. There will still exist a bell curve of results over time. 

Agreed. WR should NOT be the goal of this game. It should be damage ratio per tier or something WN8 ish.

I would rather have all interesting games than the current amount of steam rolls we do. Can you even call it skill when red had 3 donuts on their team? Is that how you want your Win Rate?

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

EricOtown #39 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7473 battles
  • [ROCKN]

View Post_Cletus, on 13 August 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

It doesn't apply to NA.  I like sending the newbs to another queue though.

I wonder why doesn't the new MM apply to NA? Is WG testing it first on the other country servers? Should we expect NA to get the new MM algo sometime down the road? 

Si1verBlood #40 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15518 battles
  • [SR-71]
severall ppl said why....we dont have the pop. for it

View PostEricOtown, on 14 August 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

I wonder why doesn't the new MM apply to NA? Is WG testing it first on the other country servers? Should we expect NA to get the new MM algo sometime down the road? 

I would honestly prefer if WG stopped being lazy and added a per tank elo...but I know it would mean longer qs which is not optimal

Also tagged with Matchmaking, New, MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users