Jump to content


iPad mini obsolete, kick to the ribs.


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

oicram1 #1 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:51 PM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 37555 battles
  • 834
  • [TFL1]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

No longer supporting the iPad mini is such a head shaker, what level of extra schmutz does it take to make this a device playable every update? So now it's me and my tiny phone? I guess I do not understand why it would be so difficult to keep it in the loop every update. 

 

Enlighten me astute computer peeps.

 

Honestly, I am feeling pretty bummed.

 

poo.  


825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

 


Blartch #2 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 60049 battles
  • 8,163
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

I work professionaly in video and have to update about $25K worth of equipment every ~5 years or so.  I have a couple iPad minis that I'm having to phase out because they also lack the crunch to run various apps I need for work.

In terms of games & software, WG is pretty danged conservative in keeping oder gear viable.

 



tinmanic #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:36 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26248 battles
  • 870
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View Postoicram1, on 13 August 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

No longer supporting the iPad mini is such a head shaker, what level of extra schmutz does it take to make this a device playable every update? So now it's me and my tiny phone? I guess I do not understand why it would be so difficult to keep it in the loop every update. 

 

Enlighten me astute computer peeps.

 

Honestly, I am feeling pretty bummed.

 

poo.  

 

right there with you

 


 

Stealth & Tinman looking spudly

 

My Stats:

AntoineDodson #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26909 battles
  • 1,929
  • [DOOMD]
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017
So ALL iPad minis? I mean, my boys have iPad minis that are only a year old, that doesn’t make much sense to me.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

The_Wongster #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:02 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 18931 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015
I think they meant ipad mimi 1

The_Wongster #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:02 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 18931 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015
I think they meant ipad mimi 1

oicram1 #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:08 AM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 37555 battles
  • 834
  • [TFL1]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014
iPad mini 2 as well.

825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

 


oicram1 #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:13 AM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 37555 battles
  • 834
  • [TFL1]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View PostBlartch, on 13 August 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

I work professionaly in video and have to update about $25K worth of equipment every ~5 years or so.  I have a couple iPad minis that I'm having to phase out because they also lack the crunch to run various apps I need for work.

In terms of games & software, WG is pretty danged conservative in keeping oder gear viable.

 


Perhaps I need to get a thumb reduction surgery so I can play better on my phone?

 

All right, I tried to laugh about it.

 

It does seem a pretty petty and tight exclusion, all things and devices considered. 

 

 


825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

 


squiticus #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17281 battles
  • 10
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
iPad mini 4 too, this is lame 

squiticus #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17281 battles
  • 10
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
Reinstalled , nothing , did I miss the announcement that this was happening? 

Gavidoc01 #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:39 AM

    Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

  • Players
  • 40526 battles
  • 3,600
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

View Postsquiticus, on 13 August 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

iPad mini 4 too, this is lame 


sure about that? Last news I had seen was only 1 and 2. 


My Blitzstars

 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 


squiticus #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17281 battles
  • 10
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
Yeah it’s not working or else I’d be playing , IOS 12.3.1, 128 GB , iPad mini 4 . An older thread I found said iPad mini and it didn’t specify model. Any suggestions? 

squiticus #13 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:45 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17281 battles
  • 10
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
Just tried again , client out of date, error 94 , 

 



squiticus #14 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:53 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17281 battles
  • 10
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

Just found this from a post dated 7-15-19

 

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.


Tankers! World of Tanks Blitz continues improving with each new version. Right now, we are getting ready for changes aimed at making the game more up-to-date and beautiful, as well as enriching its gameplay. Unfortunately, we had no other choice but to cease support for devices that are not capable of coping with all the improvements. That's why, starting from version 6.2, we'll stop supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini (first generation), and iPod touch 5G.


You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application.

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease support for the following outdated iOS-devices:

iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.

 

You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application. 

 



oicram1 #15 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 37555 battles
  • 834
  • [TFL1]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

View Postsquiticus, on 13 August 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

Just found this from a post dated 7-15-19

 

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.


Tankers! World of Tanks Blitz continues improving with each new version. Right now, we are getting ready for changes aimed at making the game more up-to-date and beautiful, as well as enriching its gameplay. Unfortunately, we had no other choice but to cease support for devices that are not capable of coping with all the improvements. That's why, starting from version 6.2, we'll stop supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini (first generation), and iPod touch 5G.


You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application.

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease support for the following outdated iOS-devices:

iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.

 

You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application. 

 

Able to launch game, that is the trap door......stable? They meant "functioning". 


825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

 


acrisis #16 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20335 battles
  • 10,950
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

Note that they’re talking about the original iPad mini which was released in the fall of 2012!  

 

Along with the other couple older ios devices, in a few ways it has been a wonder they have been supported this long. Tech moves forward, the os moves forward, the game needs to remain competitive vs other titles, development resources are limited, so at some point they need to redraw the line.


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

    Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
 


RommelTanker #17 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2708 battles
  • 2,535
  • [_DX2_]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017
Basically, like Boris said, the iPad Mini lacks the specs to keep up with newer application requirements these days. Sadly, Blitz is one of such apps with requirements that are close to exceeding the Mini's hardware and software specs. I think even Apple is considering dropping support for the Mini if they haven't already. 

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

My Terrible PT A Stats: 1,249 Battles57.97% WR / 2,805 WN8 / 1,790 DPB / 38.27% Survival

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 


originalmadkilla #18 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15911 battles
  • 3,693
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

Ipad mini 1 and ipad mini 2 are ancient in 2019. You cant expect such old devices to keep up with modern games. 2012 is like a century ago in terms of computer time. :playing:

 

It would certainly be strange if all iPad minis were dropped as the newest ipad mini, the ipad mini 5 is a fairly new device and it has the power to play Blitz, more than enough power. The ipad mini 5 uses an a12 chip, which is pretty powerful and it was released not that many months ago.:justwait:

 


Edited by originalmadkilla, 14 August 2019 - 06:25 AM.


Underdawg67 #19 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 29594 battles
  • 30
  • [-IB-]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2015

View Postsquiticus, on 13 August 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

Just found this from a post dated 7-15-19

 

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.


Tankers! World of Tanks Blitz continues improving with each new version. Right now, we are getting ready for changes aimed at making the game more up-to-date and beautiful, as well as enriching its gameplay. Unfortunately, we had no other choice but to cease support for devices that are not capable of coping with all the improvements. That's why, starting from version 6.2, we'll stop supporting iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini (first generation), and iPod touch 5G.


You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application.

 

Starting from version 6.2, we cease support for the following outdated iOS-devices:

iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.

 

You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application. 

 


a clan mate has his iPad 2 working.  Says it runs fine.  



oicram1 #20 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

    Mono Prime

  • Players
  • 37555 battles
  • 834
  • [TFL1]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2014

Yeah but, my phone can play the game? C'mon man, the iPad mini can run circles around my phone.

 


825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users