• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

acrisis #21 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

View Postoicram1, on 14 August 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

Yeah but, my phone can play the game? C'mon man, the iPad mini can run circles around my phone.

I think a great number of players, prefer to play on tablet devices, and more than a few of them have updated their tablets for general use and better game play. Running an iPad 3 that was fully functional (and still works, just gets no iOS or app updates) back in the day, I purchased an iPad Air 2 to have a more capable device to run WOTB and whatever new apps in general.  I know within our clan, it comes up frequently, where a tablet is getting long in the tooth, battery life struggling, ... any recommendations as to which model to get these days. 

As computer technology moves forward; one has to spend a little bit to keep up with the times in order to consume content, play games, ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Kiser_Sosei #22 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32046 battles
  • [III-R]
I upgraded from the ipad mini 4 to the 5 and it runs very well. 6.2 installed fine. The mini 4 was turned down graphics wise for blitz. Besides the mini 4 is quite old.

Edited by Kiser_Sosei, 14 August 2019 - 02:08 PM.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

nicog45 #23 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16438 battles
  • [-MM]

View PostGavidoc01, on 13 August 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

sure about that? Last news I had seen was only 1 and 2. 

RIP, I play on iPad Mini 2. I thought it was only iPad mini 1 based on the in-game news.

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

acrisis #24 Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

sView Postnicog45, on 14 August 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

RIP, I play on iPad Mini 2. I thought it was only iPad mini 1 based on the in-game news.

iPad Mini 2 is still fine.

I asked Ribble about this a few weeks ago, and I copied his response here in the forum, which somebody else reposted.

So, to highlight again:

Block Quote

Starting from version 6.2, we cease support for the following outdated iOS-devices:

iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5G.

You'll still be able to launch the game, but we cannot guarantee stable performance of the application. 

My recommendation would be for those with an older device, to turn down anything graphic related in game, force close all applications on your device, disable notifications and polling for mail, fb, twitter etc .... so that maximum RAM and CPU are available on the device then relaunch WOTB. And, then always play the game with only the game open. I did this with my iPad 3, until I upgraded to an iPad Air 2. I now play on an iPad 2018 and still keep a bunch of stuff turned off, and frequently close all 10-20-30 apps that are open in the background. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users