My Blitz Story

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Player_10296875 #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25203 battles

When I first started blitz in 2014 I was your basic noob, I didn’t know anything about tanks, I didn’t know anything about the mechanics, all I knew was red was bad and to shoot them. After a few games I started looking at the stats of the tier 10s and set off to google “world of tanks best tier 10” and ultimately decided on going down the is7 line. After awhile I also went up the German mediums. One of my clearest memories of of those early days was when I got to the DW2 and saw it had the same armor thickness on all sides and I thought to myself “awesome! It doesn’t matter where the enemy hits me since my armor is the same!” 

Fast forward a few hundred games and I found myself at the KV-1s which I ran using the small gun because I decided the 122 didn’t look good enough for me to waste exp on. This is when I really started feeling the burn of +-2 and I really wasn’t enjoying the kv1s or whatever the tier 5 German medium was I had and decided to quit the game altogether. One of the last things I did in the game was blow a load of money on getting tankenstein bc I wasn’t good enough to get it for free. 

A long time passed and I got with a guy who had just happened to be a blitz player. I still had the app on my iPad, I never deleted it in fear of losing progress Incase I wanted to return, and so I started playing again with him to spend time with him. Then the Cromwell B entered the premium shop for the very first time and he convinced me to buy it, so I did and I absolutely loved it. One of my first games in it we played on falls creek, I remade going to the flank with him and getting outnumbered. He told me to run and we did and I cannot tell you how euphoric that felt. Being able to flee from an engagement was something I, a mostly heavy tank driver, had never felt before and it’s what started my love of mediums and lights and more importantly, rekindled my addiction to blitz. 

Id play for hours a day, grinding lines, saving money for cool looking premiums, made some good friends, and I can genuinely say I loved playing. By now I was an avid fan of the mighty jingles, QB, and I stumbled onto bushka while looking up “how to play x tank” before I bought it on YouTube. I wanted to make my own videos on blitz and post cool games, funny moments, and reviews of my own. I eventually found a working screen recorder for iOS at around the same time the glacial and blaze came out started to record some basic gameplay with the glacial and started my journey as a YouTuber. 

What followed was quite a weird time for me, both in life and in game, I didn’t have the best home life so I found solace in my iPad, mostly in blitz and discord. Unfortunately, I didn’t really have a filter and would just spout my thoughts onto the general chat section of whatever discord I liked to hang out in. Because of this I got to feel the full blunt, cold, sting or the blitz community. My reputation was shot, I was being DMed  y people telling me to kill myself already, was made fun of in most of the servers I used to love being on, and so I made a new account and pretended to be somebody else and because I wasn’t well known at the time, it worked. 

A few months passed, I got my win rate above 60%, and I was recruited by Celtic to join Krono and fight on the competitive team. Around this time I got with some guy on discord (ew online dating what? barf) and all seemed well. We did great in clan wars, coming second only to pramo, and had a lot of fun in the blitz pro league. But, as long distance online relationships usual do, my relationship started to fail and it was pretty nasty. My number got leaked, I was getting sent gore and other horrible things and it became all too much for me so I decided to “disappear” again. The only issue was I was a lot more well known and my Yt channel had gained some pretty substantial traction.

In a stroke of absolute stupidity genius, I pretended to quit blitz and discord, made a new account, and made a story that I gave my account and channel to a friend. Yeah that facade lasted about 2 weeks but it worked to stop the unending flow of hate and once I changed my number I was finally able to relax. This is also when I changed my brand from Dove_Eris to Schwalbe. Things never really went back to being normal though. 

Then ether I started to change or blitz started to change, probably a combination of both because I really started having less and less fun with the game. The moments where I could say I was legitimately happy while playing were few and far between and soon enough I found myself only playing because of my addiction and for YouTube. And now that I’ve been doing ARK content, blitz really isn’t worth the rage and negativity that it brings when I try to make a video on it anymore. 

But it I kept on playing. I’ve spent an ungodly amount of money on blitz and leaving just felt like such a massive waste. I kept on making videos, buying new premiums, free exping new lines, and I hated almost every battle I was in. I was ready to throw in the towel and quit so many times but it seemed like every time I was ready to quit, WG would announce a new premium or a new line that caught my eyes. The scorpion, the 252u, the British TDS, and now the Italians. 

But now I’ve about reached my boiling point. I’m sick of the lag, I’m sick of the server reticle shots, I’m sick of the random FPS drops, I’m sick of the afkers, the clueless teams, the super expensive tanks, of how toxic I get when I play, the toxicity of the community, getting tunneled and yoloed, losing because RNG said so, the insane imbalance between tanks, ect. As you can see I’ve changed my name and now I can actually have a decent game without being run down by somebody and it feels great. But, I still think I’m gonna take a long break, at least until the Italians come out. If they’re bad or I just can’t make them work than I’ll probably fully quit the game. 

I know now this was a stupidly long post and I’d be shocked if anybody actually read it but I just wanted to put this all down somewhere and not make another generic  “I’m quitting” post. A lot of you on the forum are wonderful human beings and I’ll probably be lurking around here for years to come. But anyway, thank you all for reading this if you did and if you wanna reply with your own “blitz story” than maybe we could make a whole blitz story library, that’d be kinda neat.

Peace and War §

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWjPt3t9YfRELnF49qzMjPQ

~ Fighting This Same Old War ~

____Zer0____ #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32232 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Good story.   Wow.  It really sux that you went through that many problems with players.   Having to change your number. Jeez. 

DestructSean #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 96 battles
Pretty cathartic isnt it. I hope this is the beginning of your happiness whichever direction you take. 07

oicram1 #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:44 AM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 39492 battles
  • [TFL1]
I liked your content and I remember you in game too. Head to tales a great read, nodded some and winced at the toxicity too. 

825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:42 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 42094 battles
  • [STRYK]

Peace and Godspeed, young lady. Your content was classy and your aim true. 

Don’t worry about the sink cost. That money is gone. Take a lengthy break if needed. As the 39%ers always say: “It’s just a game.”

_Cletus #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25369 battles
  • [HAHA]

I've always thought you were pretty cool.  From reading your post it sounds like toxicity is your main problem, and that's an internet problem, not just a blitz problem.  But try to be happy, it sounds like a substantial break will do you good.  Sometimes it's nice to come back from a hiatus and see things with fresh eyes.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

wrecker1968 #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45760 battles
  • [HOUSE]

Rough journey, Sorry to hear. But you pushed through so much already, This just proves that you are stronger than you think. May the wind be at your back and the moonlight guide you through the night. 

4sfield #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

I never pegged you for an eharmony kind of chick, I always thought you were smarter than that. 

You can play and I understand why you’d want to take a break, we’ve had some great games over the years both with and against each other. Keep your head up, this thing will either die or they’ll fix it and it but who cares really? In the end it really is just a game and being good or respected while you do it isn’t a measure of what you are outside of it. 

I’ve had some good times and made some good friends on this ride, some of them have already posted here. I’ve had a couple bad experiences I’m still sore about it because I’m kind of like that but I will not talk about it here. It had nothing to do with my life outside of blitz but it taught me that not everyone who wants to be your friend is really your friend and it only takes 1 bad seed to ruin things for everyone. Also when you are the 1st to figure it out and nobody wants to listen because they have been duped(it wasn’t everybody) there’s no use trying to convince everyone otherwise. That was the downfall of the 1st and 2nd OP clans I was part of. It’s also why I joined the clan I’m in now, no drama.

I keep my guard up anymore, I don’t let as many in like I used to and I pretty much only associate with guys I have known for what seems like years. Whatever happened to just having fun and making the nubs suffer? It’s not like it used to be back when we all respected each other even when we didn’t like each other. He influx and enablement of the lesser brained in this game has made this thing seem extremely stupid compared to what it once was. We all tried to tell them it’d be this way but they didn’t listen and just what we said would happen happened, the nubs have taken it over. It’s  just deja-vous for me and not the 1st time I’ve been on the side of telling everyone they are wrong and turned out being right, it won’t be the last. 

I don’t expect anyone to agree with me or for an epiphany from the majority of the playerbase or WG so we’re stuck with this mess they’ve created or we move on. Taking breaks may help but I think all they do is prolong the inevitable. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

BdaiHI #9 Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4083 battles
  • [23MD]

That’s fine, we can always watch your older videos. If you feel like you want to quit, by all means feel free to do it. But as some advice for later: never spend money on a game if you really don’t need to. Most games will become Pay2Win (in some way) eventually, what you should try to do is be able to identify the ones that aren’t influenced too much by the developers greed. 

-Strawberry Dragon

MarBearCat #10 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22386 battles
  • [SDWA]

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

dport02 #11 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29500 battles
  • [-FE4R]
I really feel what you said in the second to last paragraph, it’s very annoying, I hope life treats you well

Edited by dport02, 17 August 2019 - 10:32 PM.

NAforumaccount #12 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

Damn I enjoyed your videos a lot. Still do. 

You've been through a lot, really sorry to hear. I hope life takes you where you want to go. 

o7 

PRAMO pls recruit me am 80 wr i did 1k in a tier 1 tank pls recruit pramo pls pls pls

HugGigolo #13 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23041 battles
  • [AGILE]
Hey thanks for sharing. As for staying because you spent a lot of money, there's a whole sunk cost fallacy argument against that. Not trying to make you go away, I enjoy your videos, especially the T-22 ones. But do what makes you happy and fulfilled, don't look back.

Benaiah55 #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [FUX-R]
  Wargamming owns 24.8% of the bank and they have 49,458,709 shares with a total cash value of $30.5 million, and there are approximately 200m total shares outstanding.  The enterprise value is the value of a company including its debt.  The bank has a lot of debt and therefore if someone were to buy it, this is what they would be taking on, because the debt would transfer to them.  The writing off of 82m in bad debts are for loans that are impaired and are essentially written off to get them off the books and offset income (if there is any) to reduce corporate tax at the end of the year.  The 57 per cent non-performing loans ratio is the amount of debts they are holding which are impaired in some way and not up to date on the repayment terms.  When you do some math on the total gross loans above (57% x 4.2bn), you can see this number is very high at 2.4bn.  That’s right, 2.4bn of their 4.2bn in loans are impaired.

EL_Din_46 #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5240 battles

View PostBenaiah55, on 20 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Wargamming owns 24.8% of the bank and they have 49,458,709 shares with a total cash value of $30.5 million, and there are approximately 200m total shares outstanding.  The enterprise value is the value of a company including its debt.  The bank has a lot of debt and therefore if someone were to buy it, this is what they would be taking on, because the debt would transfer to them.  The writing off of 82m in bad debts are for loans that are impaired and are essentially written off to get them off the books and offset income (if there is any) to reduce corporate tax at the end of the year.  The 57 per cent non-performing loans ratio is the amount of debts they are holding which are impaired in some way and not up to date on the repayment terms.  When you do some math on the total gross loans above (57% x 4.2bn), you can see this number is very high at 2.4bn.  That’s right, 2.4bn of their 4.2bn in loans are impaired.

Is there a context and point to this? And which bank?

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

minitel_NA #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Schwalbe, Dove, I remember you from that old time.

Spoiler

My story is this :

Spoiler

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

_Cletus #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25369 battles
  • [HAHA]
I juuuuust realized that was you in the T71 today!  It was a silly match.....

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Player_10296875 #18 Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25203 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 21 August 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

I juuuuust realized that was you in the T71 today!  It was a silly match.....

I don’t own a t71, lol. The only tank I’ve played recently was the Foch 155 and that was a few days ago

Peace and War §

Player_10296875 #19 Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25203 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 21 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Schwalbe, Dove, I remember you from that old time.

Spoiler

My story is this :

Spoiler

Thank you for the kind words and yeah, the game just isn’t what it used to be, unfortunately.

Peace and War §

Rance #20 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1298 battles
If you ever need another name, think about Dyveke...Danish for "Little Dove."   At least I think it is...if it isn't, it should be. I found your story moving, depressing, rife with innuendo and suspense. You know yourself best so what the ideal solution to this situation is probably time. I agree with a number of the folks who said to take another break. I'm new here to Blitz but I was a Wot Beta tester and was around there for a long time...I had 2 accounts because sometimes I just wanted to be away from the clan but when I finally quit 'for good' time went by and I missed it. I tried playing Blitz on the ipad and sucked so I figured that was it. Then it showed up on the PC with small teams and no arty! And most of my old favorite tanks were here so I'm still having fun/throwing sh*t on the walls because either my team was useless or I did something stupid or both. Anyway, time might be what you need...say until the Japanese Heavies show up! Whatever you end up doing, try to enjoy every day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users