I Don't Like Parking Garage Maps

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

Faust has been one of the worst maps released to date. This new NYC themed map is even more unpleasant, and here's why:

These parking garage style maps add multiple planes on top of each other. In essence, this increases the amount of drive-able distance within the same amount of land area.

That doesn't sound too bad, until you realize that the time limit remains the same. Slower tanks that once took a while to traverse the map are now even more limited in destinations during the course of a battle.

To my understanding, Blitz was designed to be a quick paced, mobile oriented version of WoT that lightened the concept of strategy in exchange for sooner-arriving action. These multi-story barns stretch out gameplay too much and they go against what the game was originally intended for.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

AKWolf1 #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 74019 battles
  • [CMIND]
I’ve only seen the map once in probably 30+ battles, but yes I didn’t get very far into the map. We did win though!

CondorofTanks #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17859 battles
  • [ZIPPO]
I absolutely despise Faust. Long range combat is a no-no. And so far, this new map looks pretty bad as well.

T34 Indy should get the eagle attachment.

-Condor

1024664335.png

Absolute_Sniper #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Ignore the fact that it’s a city and you’ll see it has something that’s been lacking in maps for a while. Significant elevation changes. You have the ability to get into a high ground and pump out damage. Almost all of the terrain is a street so your no hampered with things that kill mobility like water or soft ground. There are a bunch of places to side scrape and hull down and firing lanes that reward map awareness like no other map.

Let it grow on you for a bit before dismissing it as worthless. The problem with Faust is it doesn’t have many firing lanes so each match tends to devolve into a damage trading luck fest. The new map doesn’t have that problem.

Player_5773117413 #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:41 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 15 August 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Ignore the fact that it’s a city and you’ll see it has something that’s been lacking in maps for a while. Significant elevation changes. You have the ability to get into a high ground and pump out damage. Almost all of the terrain is a street so your no hampered with things that kill mobility like water or soft ground. There are a bunch of places to side scrape and hull down and firing lanes that reward map awareness like no other map.

Let it grow on you for a bit before dismissing it as worthless. The problem with Faust is it doesn’t have many firing lanes so each match tends to devolve into a damage trading luck fest. The new map doesn’t have that problem.

Thats an additional problem that you pointed out. The elevation increases on these maps are fairly drastic, and in a lot of cases they far exceed the depression/elevation angles of nearly every tank's gun.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 16 August 2019 - 03:41 AM, said:

Thats an additional problem that you pointed out. The elevation increases on these maps are fairly drastic, and in a lot of cases they far exceed the depression/elevation angles of nearly every tank's gun.

Every russian tanks gun maybe but it’s New York so ......

4sfield #7 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:17 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Every russian tanks gun maybe but it’s New York so ......

It looks like GTA Vice City

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Absolute_Sniper #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

It looks like GTA Vice City

Sans the working girls and palm trees.

Ronin_23 #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15515 battles
  • [_V2_]

I've had two games on it. Both of them I ended up going toward what is the A cap on supremacy. I found that there's a surprisingly wide array of battle environments in even that corner of the map, allowing for many different playstyles and tanks to excel.

With regard to your complaint/concern that slow-moving tanks will be more limited, I would counter by saying the slow tanks in the game have always demanded that the driver be discerning and thoughtful when choosing a direction or a battle plan. I don't think this map asks that of tankers any more than some of the other maps we have implemented in the game already. If you're in a Maus or a T95 yeah it's gonna be a slog to get to where you wanna be, but isn't it the same on Canal, Dead Rail, Normandy, or really any other map?

WrenchThrower281 #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
Played it one time. Got stuck in traffic on an on ramp. Red had much faster tanks at got  to the top of the over pass and just rained on us. No one on my team even had enough gun depression to shoot them. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7040 battles
  • [HAHA]
It's fun and I really like the park with the indestructible trees.

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

acrisis #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

I personally cannot stand Faust ... it does not matter what I try to do, where I try to go, follow half the team, we get flanked, singled out or I can’t catch up to one or more faster tanks ... or can’t get a bead on some vehicles that need neutralizing  ... red wins 90% of the time. 

The new map may have a few similar things going, but at least it is simpler and a sunny day out. 

Gun elevation and gun depression are important factors, that can be serious advantage or disadvantage. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Player_39363936 #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 68398 battles
  • [EWENS]

I don’t see slow tanks being hampered on Faust at all.

In a medium or a light you can’t really get away from a determined chaser.

ARandomGenieGuy #14 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I haven’t played the new map but seen the review of it. I think newer maps like Faust, Normandy and this one are somewhat huge and there’s a lot of space which ends up being empty space. I hated Faust but it grew on me and now I understand the map better, even though I don’t like playing on it. My opinion is this, the map design of the latest maps are far superior than previous ones. (I dislike playing on Faust and Fort Despair, but Fort Despair is actually a crap map for tiers higher than 4, while Faust is more complex and is actually decent-good) We finally see more depth in elevation, locations and strategic positions. However, these maps would shine in a 10 vs 10. They current team sizes are way too small to exploit the full potential of these newer maps. 

AntoineDodson #15 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28145 battles
  • [DOOMD]
I hate this new map. That is all.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users