Something I noticed

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

CuteFluffyKitten #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9900 battles
  • [DRIF7]

So I just noticed this since I usually don't read the news in blitz, but I noticed something in the 6.2 news update.

We slightly weakened the VKV-1's armor so that Tier IV–V tanks can stand in opposition to it.

The VIKV-2 will now have to aim at the vulnerable spots of its enemies more carefully.

The IXFV4004 Conway lost some durability and will fire more sporadically.

This is, to me, worrisome. The phrasing seems to be directed more at children then adults. It just seems like instead of getting the numbers, they are like Mr KV-2 will have to aim a liiiiiiitle harder.

Idk what you guys think, but to me it seems like this is directed more to kids 10-14 then to adults.

Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

Absolute_Sniper #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostCuteFluffyKitten, on 16 August 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

So I just noticed this since I usually don't read the news in blitz, but I noticed something in the 6.2 news update.

We slightly weakened the VKV-1's armor so that Tier IV–V tanks can stand in opposition to it.

The VIKV-2 will now have to aim at the vulnerable spots of its enemies more carefully.

The IXFV4004 Conway lost some durability and will fire more sporadically.

This is, to me, worrisome. The phrasing seems to be directed more at children then adults. It just seems like instead of getting the numbers, they are like Mr KV-2 will have to aim a liiiiiiitle harder.

Idk what you guys think, but to me it seems like this is directed more to kids 10-14 then to adults.

So 80ish % of the playerbase? Seems about right. 

CuteFluffyKitten #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9900 battles
  • [DRIF7]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 16 August 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

So 80ish % of the playerbase? Seems about right. 

Well wasn't there something where wg said the average blitz player age was like 35 or someting?

Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

Ronin_23 #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15515 battles
  • [_V2_]

The average Blitz player can be anywhere between the age of 3 and 70. It doesn't matter.

What matters is they're overwhelmingly terrible and all the evidence suggests they need every bit of babying, hand-holding, and hand-feeding they can get.

I don't personally care how WG chooses to word its releases. As an adult with normal cognition, though I prefer to read mature writing, I can still understand what they're saying when they dumb it down for the dummies that feed my stats. Regarding update releases, I just go to Blitzhangar and look at the big scary numbers and data. Much cleaner in the red and green.

j0nn0 #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:56 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19151 battles
  • [XREGS]
They've been dumbing things down for the past two years now. They've simply hit a new level with the news releases. 

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

_Cletus #6 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
I think they should make a concerted effort to determine the average age of the playerbase.  If that number is above 18, serious consideration should be given to including boobs in the game.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

NAforumaccount #7 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

I think they should make a concerted effort to determine the average age of the playerbase.  If that number is above 18, serious consideration should be given to including boobs in the game.

We already have them in the form of the glorious T28 HTC cupolas.

Only drawback is that they are not where I would usually like them to be. 

PRAMO pls recruit me am 80 wr i did 1k in a tier 1 tank pls recruit pramo pls pls pls

twirlingtowardsfreedom #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29859 battles
Clear case of a business making an unforced error. I bet their intentions were great- they get so many questions about balance changes that an employee decided to write out explanations for each, we really havent seen that before. Just came out sounding childish or even a bit condescending. This is why technical writers have jobs.

EL_Din_46 #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

Could the problem be a spelling error in the code? Maybe WG wanted fewer noobs and instead we got fewer boobs. 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Doilky #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15125 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

I have several games a night where I'm clearly playing with 13 boobs. 

Edited by Doilky, 16 August 2019 - 04:19 PM.

4sfield #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 August 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

The average Blitz player can be anywhere between the age of 3 and 70. It doesn't matter.

What matters is they're overwhelmingly terrible and all the evidence suggests they need every bit of babying, hand-holding, and hand-feeding they can get.

Even at that they still can’t play. 

I had a discussion with a guy yesterday who said he left a T29 in an an end game scenario because he said couldn’t pen a T28 with his Lttb. I went back and watched the replay just to see how he played.

He played behind the heavies all game who weren’t playing. The T29 and a Tiger played their entire games not playing they just watched a spot waited for someone to appear in it while the Lttb played behind them. When tanks were spotted anywhere on the field, they moved away from them and set up in another spot waiting for someone to appear again. This is how I got killed, instead of supporting me when I had an IS coming for me, they turned and vacated their positions 100 meters behind me instead of moving up to help. My situation worsened as 2 other tanks appeared as I was trying to reposition, I held those 3 tanks for what seemed like an eternity while those guys did nothing. If they just would have played, it would have been an easy win. Instead, I get gang banged while they go into flight mode and run the other direction. They left me and there was no reason to leave, why when of them had the skills to carry the 3 on 4 after that?

In the end game, they posted up in the river bed at Canyons. The lttb was under the bridge with hard cover and his gun pointed at the hill, the T29 was at the base of the hill and the Tiger was coming around the corner of the hill on the left and got smoked by a T49. The Lttb just sat there, waited for the T28 to crest the hill and stupidly shot him in a bad spot on the frontal. T29 did the same and then the T28 came on over the hill. The Lttb immediately vacated despite the fact that the T28 was focused on the T29. He was in prime position to climb on him and get side and rear shots plus keep him from maneuvering on the T29 but that didn’t register, it wasn’t even an inkling in his mind.

I tried but couldn’t explain it to the guy after it was over because his brain was incapable of processing what I was telling him. All he could say was, “I can’t pen him” and “I did my job”, “I spotted”. All 3 of those comments were wrong and every guy I talk to is exactly like him.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

fangs58 #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40174 battles
  • [WHC]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

You need to buy your the Legendary Camo for the STA-1. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

EL_Din_46 #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Even at that they still can’t play. 

I had a discussion with a guy yesterday who said he left a T29 in an an end game scenario because he said couldn’t pen a T28 with his Lttb. I went back and watched the replay just to see how he played.

I tried but couldn’t explain it to the guy after it was over because his brain was incapable of processing what I was telling him. All he could say was, “I can’t pen him” and “I did my job”, “I spotted”. All 3 of those comments were wrong and every guy I talk to is exactly like him.

The reverse of that is why I value every “team player” mh I get from a more experienced player. I may not have seen the situation as quickly as I should have or done as much damage as I like, but I did get into the fight — and someone noticed. Maybe a big flashing sign “Teams get victories, players don’t?”

Edited by EL_Din_46, 16 August 2019 - 11:19 PM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

TonnerreCadien #14 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:26 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44621 battles
  • [HAHA]
Hey, Opie! I had you on green a couple of days ago - you were top damage producer, and I think I was top kill-stealer? o7!

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

NAforumaccount #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostDoilky, on 16 August 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

I have several games a night where I'm clearly playing with 13 boobs. 

What a lad

PRAMO pls recruit me am 80 wr i did 1k in a tier 1 tank pls recruit pramo pls pls pls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users