Why Blitz is not going down hill.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

trogvision #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

Rushing B

• Players
  • 18930 battles
  • [ATO]

There is no denying that WG has displayed some pretty bad business practices in the past. I often see a lot of players mourning the good old days wishing we could go back; and for what? So we can have less tanks and less fruitful gameplay? 

There are a quite a few tanks that has changed the way we fight our battles; for better or for worse. (looking at you, 183.) Good. This is a good thing, this makes our gameplay less repetitive and boring. One of the reasons I took a lengthy break some updates ago was because of the same stale repetitive gameplay for thousands and thousands of battles. I'm much looking forward to seeing how autoreloaders will effect our gameplay.

I wanted to post this thread because I've been seeing noticably more and more doom and gloom threads since I took a break. Thanks for reading, happy tanking... And o7.

Nobody likes AFK'ers.

4sfield #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Nobody complained about 183s before the medium nerf.

Nothing in your OP has anything to do with why blitz is going downhill. It’s going downhill because of the lack of skill in the players and they balance and then neuter every tank that can be played dynamically.

Catering to the unskilled and removing fun by butchering the tanks the skilled guys like to play makes the game boring. It has removed the fun out of it and driven away scads of players that were far better than the players we have now. 

This thing is just idiots who trade themselves to death while trying to complete their missions so they can get free stuff compared to what it once was. It used to be every game fun packed and close with steam rolls being a rarity. That’s because the proportion of good players to bad ones was larger. Now it’s just bad players everywhere with no clue who don’t care whether they win or lose. 

It’s like everything else, skrubs ruin everything cool eventually.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

cheesehead247365 #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12264 battles
  • [-EZ-]
I'm absolutely stunned how many 39-44% players ive seen on teams in the last few months.  Its just staggering.  If I was that bad at something, i'd do something else.  Apparently tens of thousands disagree.  

trogvision #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

Rushing B

• Players
  • 18930 battles
  • [ATO]

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Nothing in your OP has anything to do with why blitz is going downhill. It’s going downhill because of the lack of skill in the players and they balance and then neuter every tank that can be played dynamically.

Catering to the unskilled and removing fun by butchering the tanks the skilled guys like to play makes the game boring. It has removed the fun out of it and driven away scads of players that were far better than the players we have now. 

This thing is just idiots who trade themselves to death while trying to complete their missions so they can get free stuff compared to what it once was. It used to be every game fun packed and close with steam rolls being a rarity. That’s because the proportion of good players to bad ones was larger. Now it’s just bad players everywhere with no clue who don’t care whether they win or lose. 

For every nuetered tank, a new one will be added/buffed to take its place.

Nobody likes AFK'ers.

boris55555 #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 24528 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

as an average player: I agreed with this. The low tier nerf has made the problem worse. Players have always climbed up above their skill range too fast (me included), but now there are no skills learned below tier 5. Just lemming train up the tiers. Fun game but wg suspect in their decision making.

Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

cheesehead247365 #6 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12264 battles
  • [-EZ-]

View Postboris55555, on 16 August 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

as an average player: I agreed with this. The low tier nerf has made the problem worse. Players have always climbed up above their skill range too fast (me included), but now there are no skills learned below tier 5. Just lemming train up the tiers. Fun game but wg suspect in their decision making.

this

_Cletus #7 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24584 battles
  • [HAHA]
I do not think Blitz is going down hill.  I feel like since I know more about the game now than I did as a noob I notice all the little problems a lot more, I notice the noobs a lot more.  But it's still an awesome game, while the playerbase has changed I think [based on zero research] that the numbers of players is the same, it's still multiplayer tank battles, and I can still enjoy it without spending money.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Fu_Manchu_ #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11487 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

I do not think Blitz is going down hill.  I feel like since I know more about the game now than I did as a noob I notice all the little problems a lot more, I notice the noobs a lot more.  But it's still an awesome game, while the playerbase has changed I think [based on zero research] that the numbers of players is the same, it's still multiplayer tank battles, and I can still enjoy it without spending money.

This here handsome feller has it right.

AKA HanYolo_.

yoUng33Henry #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4541 battles
  • [-SKY-]
Global wise not. But NA and Asia are not looking good. I remember there were over 10K players during EXP grind event. Maybe long term mission with good reward(like PC OBJ 279e mission) will bring veterans back? 

Doomking11 #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 66680 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

+1 well said.

VonTink #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21232 battles
  • [116]

I could not possibly hate the player base at this game more than I already do.   Raging, seething hatred, that no known words can describe.   May every moron I encounter in this miserable piece of cr#p game rot in hell for all eternity.

4sfield #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:41 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostVonTink, on 16 August 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I could not possibly hate the player base at this game more than I already do.   Raging, seething hatred, that no known words can describe.   May every moron I encounter in this miserable piece of cr#p game rot in hell for all eternity.

...and I thought I was alone.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

fangs58 #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42009 battles
  • [WHC]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 August 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Can I get an Amen. Testify Cletus. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

_LOONA #14 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 13482 battles
  • [RGN]
No. The game is clearly going downhill.

CA_vampire #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26497 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

...and I thought I was alone.

You are not alone. 

The worse is that nobody accepts responsibility. If I ask someone, "why did you split from the team?", or "why did you yolo-die in 20 seconds?", the answer will be some bull sh it ... ... ... but it will never be a simple "sorry man, I didn't play well in that battle". It is amazing that the idiots have no idea that they are not playing well, even when they die in 20 seconds with zero damage... 

Ronin_23 #16 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15696 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostyoUng33Henry, on 16 August 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Global wise not. But NA and Asia are not looking good. I remember there were over 10K players during EXP grind event. Maybe long term mission with good reward(like PC OBJ 279e mission) will bring veterans back? 

I'd imagine that it could bring back some people, at least for a little while, but that doesn't solve the underlying issue of the playerbase.

Think about what the most popular topic to rant about is. Teams and MM. While MM may not be rigged despite so many people's warrantless claims, there is still the fundamental problem of morons loading up the queue. I don't remember Blitz when it started. I played a couple thousand games then stopped until about a year ago when I got really addicted again. I can't, therefore, say anything legitimate with regard to how "good" the teams are now vs back then. What I can do is observe that tons of people, myself included, are probably at risk of busting a capillary because of the stupidity of our so-called teammates.

I try to block out my irritation and just exit to garage then find the next battle, but it's hard sometimes. It might be even harder for others to swallow that pill.

Ronin_23 #17 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15696 battles
  • [_V2_]

View PostCA_vampire, on 17 August 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

You are not alone. 

The worse is that nobody accepts responsibility. If I ask someone, "why did you split from the team?", or "why did you yolo-die in 20 seconds?", the answer will be some bull sh it ... ... ... but it will never be a simple "sorry man, I didn't play well in that battle". It is amazing that the idiots have no idea that they are not playing well, even when they die in 20 seconds with zero damage... 

If I get a DM from someone asking why I yoloed or died in a particularly terrible way, my first move is to check their battle results and then their stats. If they're fine and I was in the wrong, I'm big enough to admit that. We all have bad games. 

If, however, it's a 40% little guttersnipe who did nothing productive, I'll fire right back. 

Kiilu #18 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21212 battles
  • [BLAZ]

View Posttrogvision, on 16 August 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

For every nuetered tank, a new one will be added/buffed to take its place.

That is why I say if your win rate is down play your worst tank. Lowes win rate. Or tanks you haven't seen in a min. Players are like what tank is that. Change it up. I win in one I go to another tank. TD are for those who sit on the jobber. You 60% thank us 40% who spot for you. And thank you for your support win<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, we spot for you.

MarBearCat #19 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22386 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post_LOONA, on 16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

No. The game is clearly going downhill.

But, but, downhill is where the towns are! 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Sepp_Ulrich #20 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39466 battles
  • [21DAK]
This game is not funny anymore.
The Angel of Verdun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users