Jump to content


Why Blitz is not going down hill.


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

FussyRude #21 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:51 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5320 battles
  • 982
  • [AZUR]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018

View Postcheesehead247365, on 16 August 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

I'm absolutely stunned how many 39-44% players ive seen on teams in the last few months.  Its just staggering.  If I was that bad at something, i'd do something else.  Apparently tens of thousands disagree.  


I found a pretty collection of jewels, like the 20k games 20%wr player to the 9% wr player w/5k battles; my skill is find the worst players ingame, and I hate it.


#LoveLuchs

4sfield #22 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:16 AM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 33335 battles
  • 5,297
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

  For you guys who weren’t around in 2014-15.,

 

  I live in the eastern time zone and used to work 2nd shift. I used to stay up until the sun came up playing with guys on the west coast and I made a lot of friends out the way, even as far as Hawaii and Australia. The games after 2am were awesomeness and you’d see top clan guys and top 100 players that you wouldn’t see playing in the daytime. (8pm to midnight was prime time and it was the same then as well with different guys) Around 5:30am a 2nd group of guys would enter that were just starting their day on the east coast. It lasted until about morning commute time.

 

  6-7 hrs of awesomeness was what it was. You would even get rematches with some guys over the span of the session. That’s where I learned to play and it was addicting. Everyone played together, everyone was trying to win above everything else and everyone knew their role and what they were expected and needed to do. There wasn’t any bad battle chat (it was all coolness) and any nasty PM’s were rare. Even if you got one you could usually work it out. It was 14 guys every game having fun that knew more about how to play than 10 guys in any given battle do now. We watched each other, made fun of each other, respected each other and we learned from each other. You didn’t have to worry about campers or guys not doing their part. We all knew we had to play like a team to win. Just about every game everyone pulled their weight and if someone didn’t it was because he got outplayed, there was no shame in that because maybe next time he outplayed you. No one complained about teams.

 

  Currently it doesn’t matter what time you play, it’s the opposite of what it was all the way around. 


Edited by 4sfield, 17 August 2019 - 03:20 AM.

 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


AntoineDodson #23 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:18 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29937 battles
  • 2,202
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017
The amount of 43%ers is overwhelming. They just have ZERO clue. Many seem to play as if they think the color red means “shoot here”.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

rosgrim #24 Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 74671 battles
  • 289
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View Postboris55555, on 16 August 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:


as an average player: I agreed with this. The low tier nerf has made the problem worse. Players have always climbed up above their skill range too fast (me included), but now there are no skills learned below tier 5. Just lemming train up the tiers. Fun game but wg suspect in their decision making.


+1

I'm repeating this again and again



shyw #25 Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 48556 battles
  • 699
  • [DOGZ]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Post4sfield, on 17 August 2019 - 03:16 AM, said:

  For you guys who weren’t around in 2014-15.,

 

  I live in the eastern time zone and used to work 2nd shift. I used to stay up until the sun came up playing with guys on the west coast and I made a lot of friends out the way, even as far as Hawaii and Australia. The games after 2am were awesomeness and you’d see top clan guys and top 100 players that you wouldn’t see playing in the daytime. (8pm to midnight was prime time and it was the same then as well with different guys) Around 5:30am a 2nd group of guys would enter that were just starting their day on the east coast. It lasted until about morning commute time.

 

  6-7 hrs of awesomeness was what it was. You would even get rematches with some guys over the span of the session. That’s where I learned to play and it was addicting. Everyone played together, everyone was trying to win above everything else and everyone knew their role and what they were expected and needed to do. There wasn’t any bad battle chat (it was all coolness) and any nasty PM’s were rare. Even if you got one you could usually work it out. It was 14 guys every game having fun that knew more about how to play than 10 guys in any given battle do now. We watched each other, made fun of each other, respected each other and we learned from each other. You didn’t have to worry about campers or guys not doing their part. We all knew we had to play like a team to win. Just about every game everyone pulled their weight and if someone didn’t it was because he got outplayed, there was no shame in that because maybe next time he outplayed you. No one complained about teams.

 

  Currently it doesn’t matter what time you play, it’s the opposite of what it was all the way around. 


^^^^^^ Soooooooo True ^^^^^^^

 

Those were the good times....!!!!



dport02 #26 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28752 battles
  • 892
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
Ya last night I had 7 battles in a row at tier 8/9 that ended in a loss in under 2 minutes. 7-0 and at least 2 teammates doing 0 damage. There’s just other games that I would rather spend my time then wasting my time with this sometimes. The steamrolls get old very fast

dport02 #27 Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28752 battles
  • 892
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
I hate to say it, but sometimes I can’t help myself and after a steamroll loss, I’ll message the 0 damage players asking “Why can’t you get one shot off? You got to tier 8, it’s not that hard to do”.

trogvision #28 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

    Rushing B

  • Players
  • 18932 battles
  • 982
  • [ATO]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013

View Postdport02, on 17 August 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

I hate to say it, but sometimes I can’t help myself and after a steamroll loss, I’ll message the 0 damage players asking “Why can’t you get one shot off? You got to tier 8, it’s not that hard to do”.

Gameplay and balancewise, Blitz isn't going downhill imo. Sure, Blitz has a giant rat infestation of absolute terrible players.


Edited by trogvision, 17 August 2019 - 11:06 PM.

Nobody likes AFK'ers.

MarBearCat #29 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22386 battles
  • 11,629
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Post4sfield, on 16 August 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

  For you guys who weren’t around in 2014-15.,

 

  I live in the eastern time zone and used to work 2nd shift. I used to stay up until the sun came up playing with guys on the west coast and I made a lot of friends out the way, even as far as Hawaii and Australia. The games after 2am were awesomeness and you’d see top clan guys and top 100 players that you wouldn’t see playing in the daytime. (8pm to midnight was prime time and it was the same then as well with different guys) Around 5:30am a 2nd group of guys would enter that were just starting their day on the east coast. It lasted until about morning commute time.

 

  6-7 hrs of awesomeness was what it was. You would even get rematches with some guys over the span of the session. That’s where I learned to play and it was addicting. Everyone played together, everyone was trying to win above everything else and everyone knew their role and what they were expected and needed to do. There wasn’t any bad battle chat (it was all coolness) and any nasty PM’s were rare. Even if you got one you could usually work it out. It was 14 guys every game having fun that knew more about how to play than 10 guys in any given battle do now. We watched each other, made fun of each other, respected each other and we learned from each other. You didn’t have to worry about campers or guys not doing their part. We all knew we had to play like a team to win. Just about every game everyone pulled their weight and if someone didn’t it was because he got outplayed, there was no shame in that because maybe next time he outplayed you. No one complained about teams.

 

  Currently it doesn’t matter what time you play, it’s the opposite of what it was all the way around. 

 

 

 

 

Some of the most fun I ever had with Blitz happened after midnight eastern time, playing toons with folks from the east coast.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


__Frostbite #30 Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

    Ribble4Prez2020

  • Players
  • 24274 battles
  • 2,570
  • [-0]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
This game is going downhill.
rusty.

boris55555 #31 Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:39 AM

    Honary Doctor of Meh

  • Players
  • 24537 battles
  • 2,469
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 17 August 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

This game is going downhill.


welp, if it matters: I like that you changed your name back.


Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

Molon3Labe #32 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 3520 battles
  • 8
  • [BAR77]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2019

I recently came back after a year of walking away, and not really finding another game I like to play better. BUT - the same problems persist that drove me away a year ago. Ghost shotting, horrible mismatches and steamrolling games, terrible music and crew audio loops, etc. The game can be a lot of fun, but there is so much that amazingly has not been addressed even after a whole year.

 

I completely started over from scratch from my old account this time. I thought a fresh start from the beginning might help my outlook, and to get back into the game. It has, to some extent, but one of the most disappointing aspects is how much the tech tree has be shortened, and how many tanks I owned at one time are no longer available anywhere. I don't know why this decision was made, but it was a very poor one. For me, building a large garage of many tanks is part of the fun, and seeing so much diversity on the battlefield made the game more interesting. Now, the variances are so small that its like an auto race with only one or two types of cars. 



Molon3Labe #33 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 3520 battles
  • 8
  • [BAR77]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2019

View Postdport02, on 17 August 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

I hate to say it, but sometimes I can’t help myself and after a steamroll loss, I’ll message the 0 damage players asking “Why can’t you get one shot off? You got to tier 8, it’s not that hard to do”.

I made a promise to myself that, after coming back to the game, I will no longer do that. It just made me madder and madder the last time, over a year ago. It is so hard to keep that promise to myself at times. 



Si1verBlood #34 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:12 AM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 15518 battles
  • 842
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 17 August 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

This game is going downhill.

The isnt going downhill...it was already at the bottom 1 year ago....this game is digging down the bottom of the hill at this point.



VonTink #35 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21232 battles
  • 215
  • [116]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

It takes a particularly virulent type of brain damage to hold the belief that this game is not mortally wounded and dying every day.

 

 



wrecker1968 #36 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44143 battles
  • 995
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
I have to agree With the last couple of Posts. But instead of complaining about it. MAYBE-we can come up with some suggestions on how to get it moving back in a positive direction. A few suggestions might be.:. A single player's version that could also double as a tutorial. This one is tricky *  A change to MM, RNG and other factors, so skill is not limited. Change to crates -  Higher win percentage and/or If you buy a certain amount of them you get the prize automatically(WG still needs to make money).  I'm sure you guys can come up with productive suggestions. We  Obviously need the help the game move in a positive direction.

4sfield #37 Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 33335 battles
  • 5,297
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postwrecker1968, on 18 August 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

I have to agree With the last couple of Posts. But instead of complaining about it. MAYBE-we can come up with some suggestions on how to get it moving back in a positive direction. A few suggestions might be.:. A single player's version that could also double as a tutorial. This one is tricky *  A change to MM, RNG and other factors, so skill is not limited. Change to crates -  Higher win percentage and/or If you buy a certain amount of them you get the prize automatically(WG still needs to make money).  I'm sure you guys can come up with productive suggestions. We  Obviously need the help the game move in a positive direction.


  There have been tons of great suggestions made on how to improve gameplay over the past 4 years. None of them have mattered because WG has had updates preplanned and their own schedule of how things need to go. They quit listening to anybody that knows anything a long time ago and now do surveys to get an idea of what the playerbase wants. The issue with that has been that the sheer amount of nubs control the outcome of the surveys and none of them has an idea how to play. The things that matter to them all revolve around making the game easier for them to play and are detrimental to keeping the game exciting and dynamic.

 

  Nubs are killing the game because they never wanted to lean how to play. They overwhelmed it and controlled the surveys when they had no idea what was good or bad for it. Everything changed was done so in an effort to help them win and it all failed. They still can’t win and they still want the game to change so they can so they still complain. The list is long and luxurious starting with +/- 1mm yet the player avg win rate still keeps declining. 

 

  The game would have been better off if WG would have just told them all to stfu and learn how to play. Instead we get things like the lower tiers gutted for the sake of removing seal clubbers, overpowered heavies and underpowered mediums, RNG changes, prammo nerf, mm changes(including weighted) and town maps, all while the nubs continue to not be able to win. All of those things the nubs wanted or were for their sake and all of those things they received. They even caused the majority of the good players to mass exit and the nubs still can’t win, still complain and yet they still want it to be easier. 

 

  Not once has any of them been told by WG that to win they needed to improve and put some effort into it. In fact the opposite is true. When training rooms were added one of the benefits of those was to give guys a place where they could go to learn, instead good players were told in ticket responses to go there if they wanted to get dynamic gameplay and look what that feature has now become.

 

  The nubs have been given everything they’ve asked for and everyone else has been made to adjust for it ever since I can remember and now there isn’t any room left for adjustment. We tried to tell them long ago that things would shake out like this, lots of us did. Yet here we are standing right where we said and the nubs still want more.

 

  

 

  


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


Sturm_69 #38 Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22428 battles
  • 310
  • [OLD_G]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2015
Any long timers complaining about gameplay is absurd.  The glory days? Lol. Go back in the forum archives from 4 and 5 years ago and you will see the same 'crappy MM ruins my ace' posts.  Posts about noob play, about horrible map awareness, afk's, OP tanks(funny back then it was an IS-6 or Comet), and other things to complain about.  We live in the present and its easy to reflect on recent game activities.  I keep laughing at this all though because i can pull up any post in the past month and compare it to another years back. Other than the 3.8 debacle its been a great game and people need to get a life already. 

Hey look at me! The gun goes pew...pew.....pew....

http://www.blitzstar...er/com/Sturm_69


VonTink #39 Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21232 battles
  • 215
  • [116]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostSturm_69, on 18 August 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

  Other than the 3.8 debacle its been a great game  

 

LOL!  Shill much?

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users