Shell Velocity and Other Things

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

4sfield #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:39 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Why does shell velocity seem so poor on a lot of the tanks I play now? Where can I see this stat and is kept anywhere where I can? Even with supercharge equipped it seems like I can throw rocks faster than my shell gets to the target. APCR is a little faster but who wants to spam that just to be able to shoot on target? Supercharge should be enough of a velocity boost to at least equal the speed of an APCR round. It is after all an equipment slot that you have to pay for and you are sacrificing the GLD for it. 

The turret traverse rates on mediums especially on autoloaders also suck, with a lot of tanks you can’t track ahead of a moving vehicle far enough to lead a shot into him if he’s moving. Extra shell velocity would help with this. The point of playing a medium or light tank is better gun handling and yet it doesn’t exist with a lot of them anymore and it’s geting worse. 

Long barrel should equal higher velocity, smaller caliber should equal faster turret traverse. Why is it I can’t hit what I’m aiming at when a target is sitting still and why is it my shells bounce and I can’t traverse fast enough with a medium to lead a target enough to hit it? 

Case in point, I played my Steve tonight. It’s still mediocre even with the buff. I had times where all 3 shells in a clip missed being fully aimed at a stationary target. The turret doesn’t traverse fast enough to keep the gun on a star chaser unless he’s right on you and I bounced a flush on rear shot with APCR off of a 13hp T43 after the 1st one missed and the 2nd hit the track. It took all 3 shots to do 13 damage. 

I unloaded my clip 3 times at cupolas tonight and missed all 3 times shooting at stationary targets who snap shot me back from 150 meters. All of those tanks were heavies. If I can’t hit them from that distance fully aimed it doesn’t seem right that they can hit me without aiming. 

And what is goin on with spotting? I’m getting lit while behind bushes, it seems like guys can see me through them. Are my maxed crew skills not working? Im also getting proximity spotted from farther than I ever have been before. I had a KV2 get his entire turret exposed with his gun pointed at me from 50 meters before I saw him in a game tonight at Yamato Harbor. He was spotted and I knew he was there but I was waiting for something to shoot, I didn’t see any part of his tank until I saw the entire front 50% of it magically appear. That’s been happening a lot lately too.

It makes it kind of hard to play when things are so unpredictable. I don’t have a bad internet connection and sometimes it seems like lag. My ping is always good so I don’t understand it. 

Edited by 4sfield, 18 August 2019 - 08:13 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Si1verBlood #2 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]

Tank compare has the shell velocity stat in the first part of the board.

The other stuff seem like rng mixed in with frame lag, basically: Is your device getting old?

If not, do you have anything open other than wotb when you play?

ISP problems?

Update fk up?...

For instance, the new update removed rhe ability to chat while driving....which is really bad IMO...maybe it had changes that are not optimised for your OS.... 

If you have enough proof of tech issues, you should submit a ticket with your device specs.

4sfield #3 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:26 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Thanks for the velocity stat tip. All it did was make give me something else to investigate and complain about, especially after looking at the 90mm ARL 44. I didn’t have the want-to to look at the tier VII heavies after that. 

I just checked the gun stats. For what he is, Steve is not great anyway. Velocity is comparable to a Victory. I also realized that there isn’t enough difference in dispersion and aim time between it and a heavy to make it stand out, speed sucks and the pen is relatively weak.

The RNG stuff I see all the time. As far as the spotting things go, I think the game glitches and I don’t think it’s my device, it’s new. I’ve been seeing the spotting irregularities for a few weeks. 

FREE _stealy!!!

Ronin_23 #4 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15515 battles
  • [_V2_]

Since I mostly play high tier now, whenever I dip down to low tiers for a few games the horrendous shell velocity always catches me off guard. I take stupid shots that can only go in with Grille and Obj 140 shell velocity and they end up going 5 meters back from the target. The standard APCR and fast shells at tier X definitely spoil your expectations.

I like my laser beams so I'll stick to high tier.

Edited by Ronin_23, 18 August 2019 - 05:37 AM.

WrenchThrower281 #5 Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
I've noticed all of this as well. Especially the goofy ness with spotting. Getting many tanks that slip past my view range in almost impossible ways only to pop up 20 meter in front while they are in open terrain. Or heavy tanks going stealth while fullmoving  speed after like only 3 seconds of being spotted. 

Si1verBlood #6 Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]
C on Yamato Harbour is a great example of this actually...maybe the tickrate at whitch servers are running got a downgrade

4sfield #7 Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 18 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

C on Yamato Harbour is a great example of this actually...maybe the tickrate at whitch servers are running got a downgrade

It wasn’t C, it was nearer B in town. I have quirky spotting glitches at Middleburg when I’m looking down from the hill into town as well. 

FREE _stealy!!!

Si1verBlood #8 Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Post4sfield, on 18 August 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

It wasn’t C, it was nearer B in town. I have quirky spotting glitches at Middleburg when I’m looking down from the hill into town as well. 

I am not saying it was....just saying that I noticed this kind of spotting b s there....is there some kind of hidden delay for prox.spotting....if so....y werent we informed about it?

Edited by Si1verBlood, 18 August 2019 - 03:52 PM.

The_Flop #9 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 51082 battles
  • [BTO]
I noticed a lot of oddities with spotting after 6.0. Not sure what it is, delayed reporting, problems with map rendering for spotting, or something else but I got my lightbulb at times when I shouldn't, well after any point I could have been spotted, not behind bushes but solid objects. Didn't want to join the Tin Foil Hat gang but it has just felt off.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users