• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

minitel_NA #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

hi guys

I have had the feeling of being unable to hit where I aimed for a very long time. 

Actually im a low damage dealer. 

Superunis I tooon with would shooot the same amount and bring home more damage, 

sometimes more than 1K more dmg. 

I questioned whether my display lagged behind the game, (attested, but is that more than anyone else ?)

wether my hands , eyes and brains are slow (possibility, due to age and health condition)

Wether I’m blacklisted (hey there is tinfoil and tinfoil. I use the later).

In any case I started to be paranoid about those numbers and 

Therefore I designed some sort of stat to investigate that, it looked like this :

New Stat answer to personal obsession with low damage = Average damage / (shots/hitrate/battle)

I asked sockrobber if he could put together that stat out of his toolbox and WG limited API:

shot efficiency.

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/16777-blitzstars-beta/page__st__1180__pid__788625#entry788625

( oh please don’t tell DMG about this, because we will get another riot)

So his formula eventually is 

Sock robber’s  

Damage per battle / hits per battle (note hits, not shots) = damage per hit

This is then reflected as a % versus the result from the average of the top 100 players (by winrate) in that tank.

also, please note that asked for is exactly 2 years ago, tells you this guy (sockrobber, not the riot one) is pretty committed, he just had more urgent things on his plate, I guess...

So he tweaked it a bit, and now it’s how much damage per shot you are making, and it’s displayed as a % of the top 100 winrate players in that tank.

in other words, how much damage is each of your shot making, compared to the top 100 players. 

I think it’s a little convoluted, and I’m wondering that the average joe coming on the site will think. (Probably “this is overcomplexifisticated of a website, let’s blow 300 dollars on WG for a T-22 and some bad word to blitzstars.com

If you make less damage per shot, you have or make something wrong to investigate. 

Now this is brand new and I only glanced at my results for 5 minutes, it gives weird results.

like my grille with the huge bloom shooting across the map is 105% efficient,

and my Foch ram shooting soft meds  is only 83% efficient 

Again, the meaning is that for the same shot I would make respectively 5% more damage and 17% less damage than a superuni in the same tank. 

So it is so weird, I dunno much what to think. I will give it a day or two, trying to get my eyes used to them odd nummers and to pry my brain for a thought or two.

but it would be interesting to know what you think, and what feedback to give sockrobber for his work.

here, please say something below:

(Edited: I had the formula wrong)

Edited by minitel_NA, 19 August 2019 - 01:12 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Is this number making some sense ?

is it helpful or meaningful to you ?

should  it be calculated differently ?

what are your results ?

how do you interpret these results ?

acrisis #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Number makes sense to me.

One thought that comes to mind is: finishing off low health enemies, to take a red gun out of the game, will skew the number down ... but presumably that all evens out of time, and unicums would face the same thing ... 

Probably have to watch out for blind shots and emptying clips on rocks or dead tanks to force a partial clip auto loader reload ( which I used to do for a year or so ) 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

minitel_NA #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postacrisis, on 19 August 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Number makes sense to me.

One thought that comes to mind is: finishing off low health enemies, to take a red gun out of the game, will skew the number down ... but presumably that all evens out of time, and unicums would face the same thing ... 

Probably have to watch out for blind shots and emptying clips on rocks or dead tanks to force a partial clip auto loader reload ( which I used to do for a year or so ) 

autoloader reload is ammo select double tap.

also note that hitrate is factored in, so the irresponsibly drunk happy cowboy spirit doesn’t affect the stat.

btw I had forgotten about hitrate so I added it to the OP.

personally when my Foch hitrate is 5 points lower than the population’s average 

and the shot efficiency is 15 points lower than the superunicums

then you start seeing an interesting influence on the average damage and winrate that is clearly not related to the understanding of the game.

Edited by minitel_NA, 19 August 2019 - 01:21 PM.

j0nn0 #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19151 battles
  • [XREGS]

Gonna check this out later. As Acrisis mentioned, I'd figure that avg DPS with that metric could be skewed lower due to kill shots made. The effective use of HE and the light tank high roll skill could also potentially skew things in the other direction. How severe depends on both the efficiency of one's killshots and consitency with shots.

*edit*

Just looked over it on.my phone and most my tanks in tiers 6-10 are between 95-110% which is surprising for some since i purposefully cause splash dmg rather than risk bounces on several of my tanks.

Edited by j0nn0, 19 August 2019 - 04:02 PM.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

minitel_NA #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postj0nn0, on 19 August 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Gonna check this out later. As Acrisis mentioned, I'd figure that avg DPS with that metric could be skewed lower due to kill shots made. The effective use of HE and the light tank high roll skill could also potentially skew things in the other direction. How severe depends on both the efficiency of one's killshots and consitency with shots.

*edit*

Just looked over it on.my phone and most my tanks in tiers 6-10 are between 95-110% which is surprising for some since i purposefully cause splash dmg rather than risk bounces on several of my tanks.

it is compared to the top 100 players, not compared to the maximum nominal possibility of your tank.

so you can get 110% if you are more efficient than the superunis, per shot.

krietenstein34 #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29273 battles
  • [HAHA]
I dunno shotrobber or what you speak of.      But what's the stat  I kinda noticed on blitzstars, a new stat I think. Shot effectiveness
:girl:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users