Map Selection Option

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Nepomniachtchi #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7045 battles
  • [UFPB]
Title speaks for itself. Doesn't anyone else think that there should be a map veto option? Obviously you can choose between Encounter and Supremacy which limits one or two maps, but I personally think, especially with the introduction of new maps, you should be able to queue specifically for that map if not only eliminate the possibilities of others when queuing for a game. If you don't think so, what are the downsides to letting people play a certain map they really want to play, especially if it's a new one?

Nepomniachtchi #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7045 battles
  • [UFPB]
Like what is the downside of letting someone not play only Dust II if they really want to? I think it is an odd topic for World of Tanks seeing as how you can't do it in the PC version after so many years. What is keeping wargaming from introducing the same kind of map filter across the board if numerous other games have done it. Seems like something that would be a vanilla implementation, yet why hasn't it been done??

Edited by Nepomniachtchi, 19 August 2019 - 10:09 AM.

tedg5 #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 49011 battles
  • [AGOGO]
So everyone would veto D Pearl, and then we might hurt some devs feelings, :harp:

acrisis #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

... and what would happen to queue times when a whole bunch of people only want to play one particular map, deselect 11 maps, only play one? They could be sitting in the queue for a very long time. While other players would not get into their battles as fast either. 

This idea would backfire.  We’re already struggling for players, queue times are getting longer, ...

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

minitel_NA #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Posttedg5, on 19 August 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

So everyone would veto D Pearl, and then we might hurt some devs feelings, :harp:

[edited].

Tru tho.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

tankeatingtiger #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18905 battles
  • [DETH]
Yea that's a hard pass for just playing one map, but why not have a blacklist with a couple maps?

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

ShootinSabot #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:05 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20696 battles
  • [SPUD]
Like it or not we measure ourselves in this game on winrate, part of that is knowing we all drive the same maps. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

Fu_Manchu_ #8 Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Allowing players to choose map would open up a possibility for cheating. A group of players all choose the same map and do count ins. That could be fun, but we've already seen count in cheating and this would make it that much easier.

AKA HanYolo_.

DmitriTheDragon #9 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6576 battles
  • [NASTY]

I’d deselect Dynasty Pearl everytime.

This has problems as well,if I wanted to farm damage I’d only select Dead Rail and Castilla.

WrenchThrower281 #10 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
Allow us to lock out one map from rotation please. Bye bye himmelsdorf. Gawd just saying it makes me wanna spit on the ground and curse.

_Cletus #11 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
These kinds of things are do-able if you have a lot of players.  I don't think we have enough and we'd end up seeing big queue times.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Rou_Garou #12 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27342 battles
  • [509AB]

I think server size would hamper that idea.  

i would like the option to be able to remove certain maps from the rotation for a few battles.

If playing a TD, there are some maps not as favorable as others.

Not permanently remove it, but a temporary thing even 1 battle at a time.

Don't rush inBe patient and Don't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

Herbie_N124 #13 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12709 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostWrenchThrower281, on 19 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Allow us to lock out one map from rotation please. Bye bye himmelsdorf. Gawd just saying it makes me wanna spit on the ground and curse.

Seeing the name written out makes me want to punch a kitten.  

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

WipWapJaws #14 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46064 battles
  • [WKD]

Nope, not a practical idea.

At the end of the day players have to prioritise what is most important to them.  Is it having more say over aspects of match making or how long you are prepared to wait to get into a 5min long match.

I know what it is for me.....

4sfield #15 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:47 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 19 August 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Allowing players to choose map would open up a possibility for cheating. A group of players all choose the same map and do count ins. That could be fun, but we've already seen count in cheating and this would make it that much easier.

Count ins aren’t cheating because the games are tougher to win than regular battles, the whole point of cheating at anything is to come out on top with an advantage. Even when you count in you can’t pick your team or the red one. Unless, 35 players with <50%WRs start counting in, then they’d just be the same as regular battles.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

BorisBaddenov #16 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24192 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post4sfield, on 20 August 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

Count ins aren’t cheating because the games are tougher to win than regular battles, the whole point of cheating at anything is to come out on top with an advantage. Even when you count in you can’t pick your team or the red one. Unless, 35 players with <50%WRs start counting in, then they’d just be the same as regular battles.

But count-ins can be abused.   It is actually quite easy.   Two fail platoons will pretty much be on opposite teams.  So one platoon stands down - the other fights.  Pretty easy win when you start out 7 against 5.   We saw this in one of the "damage" events I think it was.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

AntoineDodson #17 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28145 battles
  • [DOOMD]
Then you would just chose a map that would work best for the tank you were playing. Wait times would be terrible. No way, sorry.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

TO_Dominator #18 Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 10147 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostWrenchThrower281, on 19 August 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 19 August 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

I think giving players the option to deselect only a limited number of maps (say, 1 or 2) would have little effect on que times and next to no effect for cheating. 

I would rather not play then get a game on Oasis Palms or Dynasties Pearl, so increased que times wouldn't bother me.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Fu_Manchu_ #19 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post4sfield, on 20 August 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

See Boris' answer below. I generally agree with you that count ins are harder to win. That's one of the reasons I don't like count ins.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 20 August 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

But count-ins can be abused.   It is actually quite easy.   Two fail platoons will pretty much be on opposite teams.  So one platoon stands down - the other fights.  Pretty easy win when you start out 7 against 5.   We saw this in one of the "damage" events I think it was.

Peace-

Boris

Yep.

View PostTO_Dominator, on 20 August 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

I think giving players the option to deselect only a limited number of maps (say, 1 or 2) would have little effect on que times and next to no effect for cheating. 

I would rather not play then get a game on Oasis Palms or Dynasties Pearl, so increased que times wouldn't bother me.

I could agree with that. Just allow players to choose one map they never want to play. That would also provide WG with helpful data on which maps are truly hated by the player base.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 21 August 2019 - 04:18 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users