Jump to content


KV-5 offer for 6k gold. Yay or Nay?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: KV-5 offer (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

What do you think of the KV-5 being offered for 6,000 gold?

  1. Don't buy it! It's a giant steaming pile of turd that you shouldn't want, even if it's free. (12 votes [48.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 48.00%

  2. It's a pretty weak tank, but the price is good so it's worth considering. (2 votes [8.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.00%

  3. It's a decent tank, so worth thinking about picking up. (11 votes [44.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.00%

  4. Buy it! It's a great tank even if it cost more than 6k gold. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Fu_Manchu_ #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11443 battles
  • 3,348
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

The KV-5 is currently on sale for only 6,000 gold and that includes a camo, 7 days of premium and 50 blue credit boosters. That seems like excellent value for a tier 8 heavy, but my impression of the KV-5 is that it's a steaming pile of poop. Am I wrong?

 

It is faster than the KV-4 and, at least on paper, has similar armor but better rear armor.

 

What do you guys think of this tank?


AKA HanYolo_.


boppinbobby #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 51775 battles
  • 1,634
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

great ramming tank.

i had one since it came out for sale the second time around. suffered a bit from power creep over the years but as top tier it's still pretty decent. 

and you get 2 guns to play with like the is6


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.



The_Flop #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 51082 battles
  • 193
  • [BTO]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

It was my first Premium tank many, many years ago when I think it was a good tank and I have over 1k battles in it but it has been power creeped continuously for so long I'd say nay. I still like taking it out and actually consider it to be a fun tank, you can really bully meds and tier VII tanks, it has comparable IS mobility, but there are so many more tanks and players who can pen the weak spots now. The side and rear armor are stupid strong and its funny how often meds will bounce off your side and rear.

 

If your looking for a stat padding tank or an op tank its not that. If you like fun heavies this might tickle that bone.



Vantablack12 #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Ugliest Player NA

  • Players
  • 11801 battles
  • 395
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017
I don't own it, but I think it would preform similarly to the VK100.01p. It has easy to hit weak spots, large profile, and decent guns. 
Spoiler

 


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

Herbie_N124 #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12709 battles
  • 915
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

never drove it, don't have it.    They've always given me that fat-kid-during-dodge-ball feel when seeing them in a battle.   You know the guy, came with a lunch sack full of Tastykakes and his classes have 7 kids with 4 teachers.   

I snicker and whale them in the back. 


It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

Apeman1970 #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

    dark black past

  • Players
  • 17710 battles
  • 337
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

If you already have tier 8 credit grinders I'd say no, but it is a good deal.



_Cletus #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,676
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
I think it's been buffed recently.  Before the buff the radio operator's turret in the front was a huge glaring weakpoint, now it's a smaller weakpoint but still pennable.  I've never really been impressed with it although I can say that it's given me fits a couple of times.  If you've got a lot of gold laying around with nothing to do it might be worth playing some games, but I wouldn't buy it if you're as cheap as I am.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

AOT_Jaeger2 #8 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Dazed and Confused

  • Players
  • 17683 battles
  • 3,325
  • [ASLAN]
  • Member since:
    06-16-2015
It’s nowhere near as strong as it used to be (between powercreep and the loss of its preferential MM meaning it doesn’t face VI and VII tanks anymore), but it’s still a fun tank. It can ram Tier IX heavies to death, has the armor to shrug off a lot of damage if you cover the weak spots, and has good DPM on the original gun if you can get past the low pen.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?


Ookla_the_Mok #9 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Team Brisket

  • Players
  • 28238 battles
  • 5,505
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014

Don't own it, don't want it.

 

However, facing it has changed since the armor was buffed and I do not think it is awful. 

 

Most importantly, it does not offer much in the way of gameplay that is unique as tier 8 is awash in heavy premiums and other tanks cover the huge heavy niche better. I'd bet you already own tanks that are similar in one way or another and within a month you'd barely touch the KV-5 again.

 

Hang on to the 6K gold for a tank that truly adds a new flavor to your inventory of premiums.


[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

 


Fu_Manchu_ #10 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11443 battles
  • 3,348
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostHerbie_N124, on 19 August 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

never drove it, don't have it.    They've always given me that fat-kid-during-dodge-ball feel when seeing them in a battle.   You know the guy, came with a lunch sack full of Tastykakes and his classes have 7 kids with 4 teachers.   

I snicker and whale them in the back. 

 

:D That made me chuckle.

 

 

View PostApeman1970, on 19 August 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

If you already have tier 8 credit grinders I'd say no, but it is a good deal.

 

I do. To be honest, I wouldn't even have considered it if the price wasn't so good.

 

 

View Post_Cletus, on 19 August 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

I think it's been buffed recently.  Before the buff the radio operator's turret in the front was a huge glaring weakpoint, now it's a smaller weakpoint but still pennable.  I've never really been impressed with it although I can say that it's given me fits a couple of times.  If you've got a lot of gold laying around with nothing to do it might be worth playing some games, but I wouldn't buy it if you're as cheap as I am.

 

I'm not cheap and frequently spend on the game. 

 

 

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 19 August 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

It’s nowhere near as strong as it used to be (between powercreep and the loss of its preferential MM meaning it doesn’t face VI and VII tanks anymore), but it’s still a fun tank. It can ram Tier IX heavies to death, has the armor to shrug off a lot of damage if you cover the weak spots, and has good DPM on the original gun if you can get past the low pen.

 

I think you and I have different ideas of what constitutes good DPM. It's not atrocious DPM but not what I would consider "good" either.

 

 

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 19 August 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Don't own it, don't want it.

 

However, facing it has changed since the armor was buffed and I do not think it is awful. 

 

Most importantly, it does not offer much in the way of gameplay that is unique as tier 8 is awash in heavy premiums and other tanks cover the huge heavy niche better. I'd bet you already own tanks that are similar in one way or another and within a month you'd barely touch the KV-5 again.

 

Hang on to the 6K gold for a tank that truly adds a new flavor to your inventory of premiums.

 

Yeah, I'm on the fence. The price is what is making me think twice about it. If it gets buffed, then I'll be disappointed that I didn't drop 6k gold on it.


AKA HanYolo_.


_Cletus #11 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,676
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
It sounds like you've already convinced yourself.  Given your responses, I say go ahead and buy it.  It'll be in your garage if it ever gets buffed, and it seems like it could be fun to play on occasion anyway.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

Ronin_23 #12 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15515 battles
  • 443
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

If you think you'll drive it, it's a good deal.

 

I don't have it but it was my first prem on PC WOT and I absolutely loved that thing. Ramming is just so much fun. I considered buying this offer too when I saw the price, I just can't justify it since I just spent $20 on crates the other day and I'm playing through lots of other tanks at the moment.



AntoineDodson #13 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28145 battles
  • 2,057
  • [DOOMD]
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017
I have it but it never really gets used. I can probs think of 30+ tanks in my current garage that I'd rather play.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

shyw #14 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 48344 battles
  • 680
  • [DOGZ]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Fu_Manchu_ I have it, 58% in it, but I have below average damage and XP

 

it was fun at first and a beast, but slow and was nerfed a few years back.

 

the biggest issue is the frontal dome that everyone targets



MudkipAtWar #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:18 PM

    T1 best heavy tank

  • Players
  • 21994 battles
  • 1,551
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015
Bit late, but its a fun tank for having fun, not the most competitive heavy but it can sidescrape, and if you can get it up on a hill anything at the base of it will be fearing for its life. On mayan ruins I sped down a hill into a superpershing and rammed him for almost 1k damage, so its not something to take lightly.

Edited by MudkipAtWar, 21 August 2019 - 12:19 PM.

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

 

 


Fu_Manchu_ #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11443 battles
  • 3,348
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

I think I have decided not to get it, although I do have a few more days to change my mind.

 

The current Rudy offer shows what a good deal the KV-5 (a tier lower being sold for 500 more gold without the premium time and boosters) but I just don't think I'll drive it enough to make it worth it.


AKA HanYolo_.


lafite2014 #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38833 battles
  • 307
  • [REJEX]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

I didn’t think I‘d like the KV-5 but I got it last year and have to say I kind of like it. It’s big and lumbering but bounces a lot. The big thing is that it earns good credits. 

That being said.....I prefer the Rudy. (Probably just my style)



luckb0x #18 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19544 battles
  • 416
  • [KIND]
  • Member since:
    06-24-2016

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 21 August 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

I think I have decided not to get it, although I do have a few more days to change my mind.

 

The current Rudy offer shows what a good deal the KV-5 (a tier lower being sold for 500 more gold without the premium time and boosters) but I just don't think I'll drive it enough to make it worth it.


Wise decision IMO. I don't own, but I can't think of any tier 8 heavy I fear less than KV5.  It's not a bad tank I'm sure, but so many other options for credit grinding. I'd save gold for something else.



dport02 #19 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28392 battles
  • 854
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
KV-4 is infinity better

Chiefmac #20 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41271 battles
  • 111
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014

View PostThe_Flop, on 19 August 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

It was my first Premium tank many, many years ago when I think it was a good tank and I have over 1k battles in it but it has been power creeped continuously for so long I'd say nay. I still like taking it out and actually consider it to be a fun tank, you can really bully meds and tier VII tanks, it has comparable IS mobility, but there are so many more tanks and players who can pen the weak spots now. The side and rear armor are stupid strong and its funny how often meds will bounce off your side and rear.

 

If your looking for a stat padding tank or an op tank its not that. If you like fun heavies this might tickle that bone.


x2. First premium I bought 5 years ago when I entered this Blitz universe. With all the OP, completely stupid fantasy and clown tanks released since then, save the gold. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users