Jump to content


Platooning....in person?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

crpl_hicks #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5454 battles
  • 1,147
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

Has anyone Platooned with someone who is physically next to them?

If so, was it advantageous?  Or Platooning is Platooning...either it works or it doesn't.


I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.


acrisis #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20339 battles
  • 11,036
  • [III-X]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
Been there, done that. It is pretty much the same as being on voice comms / teamspeak / discord / ... 

 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

    Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
 


tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:39 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 18905 battles
  • 2,181
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View Postacrisis, on 19 August 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

Been there, done that. It is pretty much the same as being on voice comms / teamspeak / discord / ... 

Yep pretty much this. Although it should be noted that I don't VC much, if at all, so it was a pretty fun experience. It quickly turned out that we were different playstyles and neither of us could shoot things and communicate intelligently at the same time. Any focus fire was completely coincidental.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


crpl_hicks #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5454 battles
  • 1,147
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

Good to know....thought maybe if yer both close to each other it might give you a better edge??  Plus you could slap the other guy if he made a Bone head play?

 

Could you imagine being in the same room with some of your team mates??  What a Blood Fest that could be!


I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.


TheMainframe #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10541 battles
  • 465
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    12-18-2016

I've only ever platooned with one person: my dad. 

 

We both play Blitz on PC, and our desks are perpendicular to each other. I'd say that the ability to relay long ideas to each other is advantageous. How is it different from using VC though?

 

Screen watching. 

 

I can see my dad's screen with a glance. I can tell immediately what he's shooting at,  what his circumstances are, etc. 


I love the ones that need it most.


HugGigolo #6 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:08 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21865 battles
  • 836
  • [AGILE]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016

View PostTheMainframe, on 19 August 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

I've only ever platooned with one person: my dad. 

 

We both play Blitz on PC, and our desks are perpendicular to each other. I'd say that the ability to relay long ideas to each other is advantageous. How is it different from using VC though?

 

Screen watching. 

 

I can see my dad's screen with a glance. I can tell immediately what he's shooting at,  what his circumstances are, etc. 

 

This was my thought. Seems like it could be a handy advantage to get another viewpoint of the battlefield at a glance.



_Cletus #7 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
I think the best thing about it would be that you could cuddle between matches.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7040 battles
  • 1,165
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View Post_Cletus, on 20 August 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

I think the best thing about it would be that you could cuddle between matches.

 

Why wait?


_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.


_Cletus #9 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
Oh and long time no see Hicks, where you been?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

_Cletus #10 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 August 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

 

Why wait?

 

True....I already cuddle myself between most matches.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

crpl_hicks #11 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5454 battles
  • 1,147
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 20 August 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Oh and long time no see Hicks, where you been?

It's amazing how I don't seem to miss Blitz as much now.  I mean once you get past the inital withdraw symptoms, the constant feelings of dissapointment in your fellow man, the urge to put an axe in someone's face, the tightening of the chest just before you press "Battle".

 

Once all that went away...I was able to embrace the new Me!


I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.


9_V0LT #12 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 8699 battles
  • 2,402
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 19 August 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

Has anyone Platooned with someone who is physically next to them?

If so, was it advantageous?  Or Platooning is Platooning...either it works or it doesn't.


Sounds dangerous. 

I did Netflix and chill once and got crabs 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


_Cletus #13 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 20 August 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

It's amazing how I don't seem to miss Blitz as much now.  I mean once you get past the inital withdraw symptoms, the constant feelings of dissapointment in your fellow man, the urge to put an axe in someone's face, the tightening of the chest just before you press "Battle".

 

Once all that went away...I was able to embrace the new Me!

 

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes....


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

_Cletus #14 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post9_V0LT, on 20 August 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:


Sounds dangerous. 

I did Netflix and chill once and got crabs 

 

I once thought I caught a case of crabs, but then I counted and there were only 23.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #15 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7040 battles
  • 1,165
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View Post9_V0LT, on 20 August 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:


Sounds dangerous. 

I did Netflix and chill once and got crabs 

 

I caught crabs once... Life lesson, never sleep in a tent with a bunch of homeless people.


_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.


_Cletus #16 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

 

I caught crabs once... Life lesson, never sleep in a tent with a bunch of homeless people.

 

And if you do, try to only have sex with two or three of them.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #17 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7040 battles
  • 1,165
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View Post_Cletus, on 20 August 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

 

And if you do, try to only have sex with two or three of them.

 

Look, if you do it with one, why stop there? Not like you are gonna get more of what ever.


_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.


crpl_hicks #18 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5454 battles
  • 1,147
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015

And Like a car hitting Black Ice....this thread has skidded out of control, Crashed & burned...

 


I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.


_Cletus #19 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:06 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,729
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 20 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

And Like a car hitting Black Ice....this thread has skidded out of control, Crashed & burned...

 

 

I accept the blame.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

RonaldusMaximus_ #20 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7040 battles
  • 1,165
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Oh.. I would say it was bound to go exactly where it ended up from the moment OP hit Post

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users