I wonder why wargaming has been on this rush to sell tanks....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Benaiah55 #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [FUX-R]

Since they have no real inventory on hand why else would they be pedaling every tank under the fleet as often as possible.  Trying to raise cash on hand to sell company?  Trying to increase marketing and branding outreach with more options for players?  I just wonder when companies have a sale for basically a year straight what they are they trying to accomplish with the funds.  

Id work on building a happy player base that feels good spending money again.  Players have an expectation of reward for money spent.  Why buy new tanks when you have realized no matter what you drive the team you are on is the #! factor of perceived happiness while playing.  Again, I had a 4k dmg game on a team with 6k dmg total.  The game lasted about 3 minutes and I lobbed td rounds non stop.... still lost badly as I tried to hide.  Not much fun add it to the list why Im not playing anymore.

oicram1 #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:42 AM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 38009 battles
  • [TFL1]

We complained about all the "buy a crate for a 5% drop" chances, and many said they would just simply pay for the tanks if offered. Welp, they actually listened. 

They missed the boat in reinvigorating the game by getting new players skilled and aware with better tutorials about game play. 

There is a reason for such a love/hate feeling with this game. 

A team earlier had three potatoes, and I did my best by doing 3500+ damage.

Someone in a KV-4 flanked and our ST-1 went to base for the whole game.

Face meet palm.

825cba95454ea2639f69dfdd6250bd23.jpg?151

andyllinger #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:15 AM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 29803 battles
  • [--M--]
It's pretty obvious that they're trying to get as much money from us as they can before the game hits rock bottom.

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T, WZ-113.

Gavidoc01 #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:05 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 40958 battles
  • [III]
With oicraim. People said they’d buy tanks outright if just sold so they made older premiums more available for those with money but not willing to do crates. I’d say it is working. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 23 August 2019 - 04:06 AM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

EL_Din_46 #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View PostBenaiah55, on 22 August 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Since they have no real inventory on hand why else would they be pedaling every tank under the fleet as often as possible.

There is a simple reason: they like money and they like more money a lot more. Healthy well established companies bring out new products, open new markets and have sales for the same reason. Ultimately, pedaling every product as often as possible is the reason companies exist.

View Postandyllinger, on 22 August 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

It's pretty obvious that they're trying to get as much money from us as they can before the game hits rock bottom.

Again, I expect them to always try and get as much money from us as they can. Since I started playing Blitz recently it doesn’t look to me like there has been a decline; this is the only Blitz I know. I’m having fun so it looks good to me. From other comments on this forum  it sounds like there is a “tidal wave” of noobs on all tiers. New customers spending money is usually a good sign, not a bad one. Or has the number of players declined in the past year?

View Postoicram1, on 22 August 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

We complained about all the "buy a crate for a 5% drop" chances, and many said they would just simply pay for the tanks if offered. Welp, they actually listened. 

They missed the boat in reinvigorating the game by getting new players skilled and aware with better tutorials about game play. 

There is a reason for such a love/hate feeling with this game. 

Couldn’t agree with you more. I recently tried to figure out how to add a signature to my posts using the official “Your Settings” help topic. Nothing worked no matter how carefully I followed WG’s instructions. I finally figured it out by trial and error. The problem was the forum was updated but the help topic wasn’t. Other topics were better, but not as well done as I've seen in other games. They need to actually spend money on training players. (Hire Bushka?)

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

OKA_BOCTOKA #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [5TH-D]

I remember people prophesying the end of the game a few years ago. Now a few years later, the game is still rolling...

People like to give the commies a hard time, so WG embraced the full capitalistic outlook.

All they want is money. Is this so hard to understand or see?

Every modern game costs a fortune, yet people complain about this game or that, when every game is ridiculously expensive. The problem isn't just WG, it's the whole industry.

Edited by OKA_BOCTOKA, 23 August 2019 - 07:01 AM.

В бой!

acrisis #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

There are other games that have sales, specials and even more than one event stacked on top of each other ... where one simply cannot keep up with what is being pushed in front of you ... let alone afford it. The net benefit of this constant push for high cost sales is that I now simply ignore them. It is like clicking spam popups closed. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7040 battles
  • [HAHA]
I just do not understand why they don't advertise. I watch quite a bit of Youtube, and World Of Warships has really decent ads that make me want to play that game.  Advertising a good looking game like Blitz is now would work.

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

_Cletus #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:26 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

I also find it hard to understand why the makers of a tank game would want to sell tanks.  It's like Mcdonalds, they're always selling burgers.  It makes you wonder what they're really up to.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

shyw #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48344 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Post_Cletus, on 23 August 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I also find it hard to understand why the makers of a tank game would want to sell tanks.  It's like Mcdonalds, they're always selling burgers.  It makes you wonder what they're really up to.

toooooo funny _Cletus...!!!!!

shyw #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48344 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Postacrisis, on 23 August 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

There are other games that have sales, specials and even more than one event stacked on top of each other ... where one simply cannot keep up with what is being pushed in front of you ... let alone afford it. The net benefit of this constant push for high cost sales is that I now simply ignore them. It is like clicking spam popups closed. 

^^^^^ exactly ^^^^^

Like just don’t answer the phone if you don’t recognize the number.....ignore it and move on

We switch channels on our TV’s when we are not interested in what’s being shown.

It’s your choice

Edited by shyw, 23 August 2019 - 01:02 PM.

cheesehead247365 #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11968 battles
  • [-EZ-]
they sell stuff because people buy stuff

acrisis #13 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View Postshyw, on 23 August 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

^^^^^ exactly ^^^^^

Like just don’t answer the phone if you don’t recognize the number.....ignore it and move on

We switch channels on our TV’s when we are not interested in what’s being shown.

It’s your choice

We cut cable the last holiday season. Price hike after price hike, mandatory big or little boxes and extra stupid little remotes ... plus removing access to content we previously had while bumping it up another $25-30/mo was the final straw. We’re on basic internet only now ( which of course costs what tv+internet cost combined a decade ago ... grumbles ) Pulling 20 tv stations over the air with a great antenna ( considering location, terrain, antenna on ground level, ... ). If the signals we’re pulling from 60-75 miles away cut out due to weather? Well that’s too bad. Watch something else, or do something else. 

Anyhow.

WG may be taking after other games, with more aggressive sales pitches. You don’t like this, maybe you’ll want this, want that, ... I just tune it out entirely. It is one thing where we had smaller lower tiers weekly and a few higher tier premiums every couple weeks or monthly. But don’t expect me to buy a tank and boat every month let alone week, with the high prices, to keep up. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

twirlingtowardsfreedom #14 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29859 battles
Some manager is trying to make his or her comparative YOY sales goals. 

bcurry1010 #15 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9083 battles
  • [SDMF]

View Post_Cletus, on 23 August 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

daaaaaamn you, stop reading my thoughts.

"ding fries are done, ding fr..."  my bad

Doilky #16 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15125 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 23 August 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

I just do not understand why they don't advertise. I watch quite a bit of Youtube, and World Of Warships has really decent ads that make me want to play that game.  Advertising a good looking game like Blitz is now would work.

I came to Blitz after seeing it advertised in another game.  Of course that was like the fall of 2017. 

EL_Din_46 #17 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View PostDoilky, on 23 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

I came to Blitz after seeing it advertised in another game.  Of course that was like the fall of 2017. 

My route was touring a tank collection, Inside The Chieftain’s Hatch, Jingles, Bushka, Blitz.  Since Nicholas Moran (the Chieftain) is a WG employee an ad did point me in this direction. (I recommend the Chieftain YouTube videos and website articles). 

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Benaiah55 #18 Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [FUX-R]
http://exposingwot.c...ory-part-iv-iv/

EL_Din_46 #19 Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View PostBenaiah55, on 23 August 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

Interesting, but over a year and a half old. Living just outside of Silicon Valley I’ve learned to take such articles with a grain of salt. Companies over expand, have lack luster sales and then consolidate and retrench. All of that is normal. I would be more worried if WG wasn’t cutting costs. Some, such as Apple, come back stronger than before. Others, such as Atari, don’t. And some are absorbed by a different company who continues the product lines for years to come. 

I also have some concerns about that website itself. Although I liked the article you tagged, too many of their other articles couldn’t even properly describe material they quoted in their own article. For example the article “Wargaming Screws EU” quotes an EU terms change setting 18 as the age at which you do not need your parents to agree to WG’s terms. The author then says: “The age of consent is now eighteen (18). It’s always been 13 before and still is in North America.” The phrase “age of consent” is defined as the age at which someone is legally competent to engage in sexual relations. While WG may screw  customers financially saying that they screw them physically is utter nonsense. In fact all that the EU terms change means is that only adults can agree to contracts; a very positive change if it said 13 before. A site with standards this low can not be trusted.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Benaiah55 #20 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [FUX-R]

View PostEL_Din_46, on 24 August 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Interesting, but over a year and a half old. Living just outside of Silicon Valley I’ve learned to take such articles with a grain of salt. Companies over expand, have lack luster sales and then consolidate and retrench. All of that is normal. I would be more worried if WG wasn’t cutting costs. Some, such as Apple, come back stronger than before. Others, such as Atari, don’t. And some are absorbed by a different company who continues the product lines for years to come. 

I also have some concerns about that website itself. Although I liked the article you tagged, too many of their other articles couldn’t even properly describe material they quoted in their own article. For example the article “Wargaming Screws EU” quotes an EU terms change setting 18 as the age at which you do not need your parents to agree to WG’s terms. The author then says: “The age of consent is now eighteen (18). It’s always been 13 before and still is in North America.” The phrase “age of consent” is defined as the age at which someone is legally competent to engage in sexual relations. While WG may screw  customers financially saying that they screw them physically is utter nonsense. In fact all that the EU terms change means is that only adults can agree to contracts; a very positive change if it said 13 before. A site with standards this low can not be trusted

I think the OP has good facts and agree the content of this article is better than the content of the site that hosted it.  IF WG owes itself money in essence that's bizarre.  I just look at the cash grab over the last year of selling every tank in the garage as not a yearly cycle but something new to them and signaling trouble. Lets all be honest here there are just less players than ever before and we all know why.  The game is the land of broken toys.  Every shot hit tracks now if at all and missing completely against tanks 5m away is just complete crap programming.  I slid a full .5% WR before quitting and I was just a 51% player.  I mean losing 12 of 13 and 25 of 30 isn't on me... the game is what it is and anyone proud of their stats going forward has to ask themselves if they are earning them or being handed them is steamroll after steamroll as they "randomly" team with other 60%ers..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users