Low Tier Rating Battles - One Week At a Time (Seal Cup)

rating tier idea moist succulent meat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Seal Cup (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you try this format?

1. Yes. (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Not sure. (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. No. (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Are you interested in driving old low tier tanks like the T2 Light?

1. Yes, I miss those days of a few games in random tanks. (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. Dunno. (1 vote [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. Nope, tier 10 or bust. (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Low tier tanks are for...

1. Fun and variety. (10 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Newbs only. (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. A cesspool to frustrate new players and never expose them to the real game. (1 vote [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Hide poll

Ookla_the_Mok #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

For veteran players, lower tiers have become a wasteland. I understand WG wanted to curb clubbing, but it has unintended consequences and has rendered many fun little tanks pointless.

For new players, the separate MM lends itself to poor play and thus very little opportunity to learn the game. 

The solution appears to be both obvious and easy to implement. So here it is:

Rating battles as we know them will remain unchanged.

A new format will be introduced that I am calling The Seal Cup.

One tier per week (tiers 2-6) will be active and all rules from current rating battles will apply: top modules, no platoons, supremacy and encounter if the tier gets it in pub, map restrictions remain, only available in the evening.

Wrinkle: Newbie MM for the tier of the week will be shut down during the hours of The Seal Cup so new players can be exposed to veterans and experience tactics, map awareness, etc.

Just like current rating battles, there will be no stats kept other than a basic ranking system. This eliminates much of the incentive of the guys that used to drive the A-20 for 5K games, but it also gives new players a chance to play "for real" without worrying about getting pasted.

IMHO, prizes are not necessary, but perhaps nominal offerings could be fun.

As an example, lets say this coming Monday the first week of The Seal Cup begins. Tier 4 tanks against Tier 4 tanks each night until it wraps up on Sunday. You want to mess around in the Valentine II or revisit the M3 Lee - go crazy. A new player wants to Hetzer against people that know how to counter the tank - fantastic and will help as that player grinds to higher tiers.

The Seal Cup - a low effort solution that reinvigorates the game without compromising the basic mechanics of the Blitz we originally loved.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

boris55555 #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:28 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 25246 battles
  • [MINC]
Love it. Someone on here also suggested you could have an extended honeymoon period while grinding new low tier parts of new lines. I have driven virtually zero battles in a French tank. I can’t grind the tier 3 because wait times are 6 minutes? Let me get 30 battles to grind without the wait. 
Snickering dickering still. The Tiger ran up the hill.

The Dicker shot four.

The Tiger’s HP’s no more.

Snickering dickering still. (Abridged)

4sfield #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:35 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]
  We could accomplish the same thing by getting rid of toon mm. Idiots could see h9w tanks are supposed to be played and guys could run wing man and show how teamwork wins instead of camping.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Ronin_23 #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17183 battles
  • [-RGN-]
I don't know how much I'd play it, but I'd definitely give it a shot. I play high tier for many reasons, but the biggest is just that I like it more. That being said, this sounds like a great idea.

tedg5 #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:56 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50764 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Back before the low tier nuking, I would play there a few times a week for stress relief, or if the teams at higher tiers were being especially dumb. So I would probably play a few games there in a scenario like this. :playing:

cheasesteak #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20470 battles
  • [COD-R]

Not a lot of interest on my part, mainly because the low tier tanks aren't fun anymore.  They took away the autoloaders, and nerfed the speed on many of the low tier tanks.   Slow and boring until at least tier 5, and I'd probably ignore the whole thing unless they unnerfeed the fun tanks.  The only exception is that I might drag my Kenny out of retirement for the tier 3 portion.  

... and Epstein didn’t kill himself

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8897 battles
  • [HAHA]
If they un nerf the T18 I would be down... Hell do a mass Un Nerf just for the Ratings battles.

View Post _Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1: Don't open your mouth in an alley.

boris55555 #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 25246 battles
  • [MINC]
Much like 3.8 they need to reverse the great nerfing. Maybe take time to actually balance the low tiers 1 by 1 instead of the great castration 

The Dicker shot four.

jahawa #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17721 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I think it would be fun. But like mentioned above, “unnerf the nerf”. I always enjoyed my Ice Claw, S35 and Keni. They are all pretty useless now. 

I still I’ll take out my DW2 every so often. I have adjusted to the long reload, but it is not as fun as it used to be. 

I’ve said this before. I remember back when I started, it was not a hindrance to me, to be clubbed. It was how I learned to get better; going against superior competition. That’s how life works. Where WG got the idea to cater to snowflakes and “everyone gets a trophy” paradigm is beyond me?    

Just because a tank is a “low tier”,  does not mean it is not a fun tank to drive. When I get a chance to participate in the iii rodeo on Wednesday’s, it’s a blast.  A week ago we ran tiers 4-10. You get a bunch of good players at low tiers, it’s just as much a challenge as the high tiers.  

Doilky #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16438 battles
  • [EXTRA]

I really miss the Luchs, and the M2 medium  with the howitzer.  That 20 degrees of gun depression was just so much fun. 

I play the Luchs now and it is suck a sad shadow of what it once was. I think I finally sold it out of pity. 

_Cletus #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25369 battles
  • [HAHA]
I don't think it's a bad idea, I think a lot of people would like it.  Personally, even before the low tier homogenization I didn't like to play below tier 5 and I've never been a fan of ratings battles so I wouldn't do it, but I think there would definitely be a demographic that's totally into it.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

boris55555 #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:54 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 25246 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postjahawa, on 23 August 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

I think it would be fun. But like mentioned above, “unnerf the nerf”. I always enjoyed my Ice Claw, S35 and Keni. They are all pretty useless now. 

I still I’ll take out my DW2 every so often. I have adjusted to the long reload, but it is not as fun as it used to be. 

I’ve said this before. I remember back when I started, it was not a hindrance to me, to be clubbed. It was how I learned to get better; going against superior competition. That’s how life works. Where WG got the idea to cater to snowflakes and “everyone gets a trophy” paradigm is beyond me?    

Just because a tank is a “low tier”,  does not mean it is not a fun tank to drive. When I get a chance to participate in the iii rodeo on Wednesday’s, it’s a blast.  A week ago we ran tiers 4-10. You get a bunch of good players at low tiers, it’s just as much a challenge as the high tiers.  

you’re so right. Getting my [edited] handed to me made me want to improve. Learn about tank classes, angles, shell type, the forum, and op seal clubbers to be feared (the competition). It was fun seeing myself improve. 

The Dicker shot four.

Also tagged with rating, tier, idea, moist, succulent, meat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users