38 replies to this topic

Megaladon007 #1 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27292 battles

how about this

premium tanks fight premium tanks

tech tree vs tech tree

its kinda out of control with the prem op tanks - smasher t49 drac wz120ft e25#1 59 ding and on and on and on

over half the tanks in most battles now are non-tech tree tanks

And most times you see the same ‘top’ clans running these super tanks - if battles only had tech tree tanks or only prem tanks, perhaps the playing field would be more level. And if you want to ramble around in your smasher 1 shoting everyone, fine, but you’ll be fighting against 7 prem tanks, not a bunch of tech tree canon fodder.

Anyway food for thought.

Absolute_Sniper #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostMegaladon007, on 24 August 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

how about this

tech tree vs tech tree

its kinda out of control with the prem op tanks - smasher t49 drac wz120ft e25#1 59 ding and on and on and on

And most times you see the same ‘top’ clans running these super tanks - if battles only had tech tree tanks or only prem tanks, perhaps the playing field would be more level. And if you want to ramble around in your smasher 1 shoting everyone, fine, but you’ll be fighting against 7 prem tanks, not a bunch of tech tree canon fodder.

Anyway food for thought.

I don’t think it would have the effect you think it would. The unis can kick the snot out of you in a tech tree tank just as easily as they can in a premium. Only way to fix the game would be to fix the playerbase. If you know how to do that I’m sure everyone would love to hear it. Tutorials might help a bit but even then, the players have to want to improve. Most are happy to shoot a couple shots, die, and then flush the toilet and move on with their day. They don’t care about the results screen or stats. 

4sfield #3 Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

I don’t think premium tanks are the issue . I. Think armor is too strong for the way the casual guys play. They can play aloof and not involved and still be a factor in the end game. Players should be penalized for not playing the game while their team mates die fighting instead of rewarded with a non penetrable tank in an end game full of used up enemy vehicles. 

Too much armor, terrible RNG, lag and bad pen values on the tech tree vehicles make are all nub assist items added into the game to keep the nubs playing and buying premiums. All it’s done is kill gameplay and make the nubs timid. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

wrecker1968 #4 Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43246 battles
  • [HOUSE]
What I find interesting. Go to  blitzstars  And click on tanks. Check out the top win rates for tier 5 through 10. Tier 5 and 6- Top 2 win rates are premiums. Tier 7-top 18 Win rates are premium. Tier 8-top 15. Tier 10-top 3. Check it out.  This might change  The argument.

boris55555 #5 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 23657 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postwrecker1968, on 24 August 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

What I find interesting. Go to  blitzstars  And click on tanks. Check out the top win rates for tier 5 through 10. Tier 5 and 6- Top 2 win rates are premiums. Tier 7-top 18 Win rates are premium. Tier 8-top 15. Tier 10-top 3. Check it out.  This might change  The argument.

whoa, interesting

Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postwrecker1968, on 24 August 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

It doesn’t. Typically only people with a modicum of ability will spend real money on a premium tank. Any muppet with an email can play the tech tree tanks. Premium tanks also come fully equipped with modules and often equipment as well as a fully trained crew. When you eliminate the “grind” period after first acquiring a new tank, it will naturally have a higher win rate.

zeur0sis #7 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28811 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 24 August 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

I don’t think it would have the effect you think it would. The unis can kick the snot out of you in a tech tree tank just as easily as they can in a premium. Only way to fix the game would be to fix the playerbase. If you know how to do that I’m sure everyone would love to hear it. Tutorials might help a bit but even then, the players have to want to improve. Most are happy to shoot a couple shots, die, and then flush the toilet and move on with their day. They don’t care about the results screen or stats. 

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 24 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

It doesn’t. Typically only people with a modicum of ability will spend real money on a premium tank. Any muppet with an email can play the tech tree tanks. Premium tanks also come fully equipped with modules and often equipment as well as a fully trained crew. When you eliminate the “grind” period after first acquiring a new tank, it will naturally have a higher win rate.

Gonna have to disagree with you here.   There is a reason you see unicums in op/premium tanks a lot more.  They can’t kick the snot out of people in tech tree tanks as easily as they can in premiums .  While it’s true that more dedicated players are mostly the ones buying these tanks. What would be the incentive to buy one anymore?   They used to be credit grinders.  Good players don’t have that big of a problem with credits anymore.  That reason has faded out.  If people could win just as easily in tech tree tanks no one would be premiums.  They buy them for the advantage.  

Edited by zeur0sis, 24 August 2019 - 07:41 PM.

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

jkwon126 #8 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38338 battles
  • [HUCK]

View PostMegaladon007, on 24 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

how about this

tech tree vs tech tree

Anyway food for thought.

More often than not there are bad drivers behind the "op" tanks. If there's a good driver in an op tank... think of it as a learning opportunity.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

zeur0sis #9 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28811 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostMegaladon007, on 24 August 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

how about this

tech tree vs tech tree

Anyway food for thought.

You’re not taking into account that anything WG does at this point to further separate the player base will result in increasing queue times/ playing with the same people more.   Stale gameplay

Absolute_Sniper #10 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postzeur0sis, on 24 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here.   There is a reason you see unicums in op/premium tanks a lot more.  They can’t kick the snot out of people in tech tree tanks as easily as they can in premiums .  While it’s true that more dedicated players are mostly the ones buying these tanks. What would be the incentive to buy one anymore?   They used to be credit grinders.  Good players don’t have that big of a problem with credits anymore.  That reason has faded out.  If people could win just as easily in tech tree tanks no one would be premiums.  They buy them for the advantage.  

For a few of them, yes. However most of the premiums are not OP in anything other than credit coefficients. Why do I buy the tanks? I buy them because I enjoy playing them and the fact that they don’t get nerfed. My winrate remains relatively the same across premiums and tech tree tanks. That’s the same for most people with exception to a few blatantly OP premiums like the WZ 120 fake tank and the smasher. 

Megaladon007 #11 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27292 battles

Good discussion back and forth

i get a prem tank should have some premium ‘feature’ - otherwise who would buy them.

Also

i don’t see any problem with enjoying that ‘feature’ against other tanks with other ‘features’

I don’t see much point in having the premium feature just so folks can stream roll games - agreed only maybe certain folks, but if you’re really that good it must be underwhelming steamrolling in your wz120ft or smasher or whatever game after game

and it’s basically pay to win isn’t it?  Which is a no-no I believe.

anyway good thoughts in the responses above.

tedg5 #12 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 49011 battles
  • [AGOGO]
For the last year or so WG has released premium tanks that are kinda op, not all but a fair amount. Kinda a sneaky ptw ( though not really, cause thier not that op).  :girl:

EL_Din_46 #13 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View Postzeur0sis, on 24 August 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

You’re not taking into account that anything WG does at this point to further separate the player base will result in increasing queue times/ playing with the same people more.   Stale gameplay

There are comments on the EU forum that some of the same people are showing up in consecutive battles after the 6.2 mm changes, so yes, that could happen.

Edited by EL_Din_46, 24 August 2019 - 08:56 PM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

4sfield #14 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostMegaladon007, on 24 August 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Good discussion back and forth

i get a prem tank should have some premium ‘feature’ - otherwise who would buy them.

Also

i don’t see any problem with enjoying that ‘feature’ against other tanks with other ‘features’

I don’t see much point in having the premium feature just so folks can stream roll games - agreed only maybe certain folks, but if you’re really that good it must be underwhelming steamrolling in your wz120ft or smasher or whatever game after game

and it’s basically pay to win isn’t it?  Which is a no-no I believe.

anyway good thoughts in the responses above.

The “feature” you’re paying for historically has been a better credit earning rate. Somewhere along the way they changed it into better armor or some other”feature”. 

This did nothing but throw balance out the window

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

zeur0sis #15 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28811 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 24 August 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

For a few of them, yes. However most of the premiums are not OP in anything other than credit coefficients. Why do I buy the tanks? I buy them because I enjoy playing them and the fact that they don’t get nerfed. My winrate remains relatively the same across premiums and tech tree tanks. That’s the same for most people with exception to a few blatantly OP premiums like the WZ 120 fake tank and the smasher. 

Or the drac or the hellsing or the u252 or the (what ever the glacial clone is). Or the lupus or the keni otsu or the amx m4 49 or the dragon or the kv220   The cdc was mediocre.  Nope.   Can’t have that.  WG buffed it Into one of the best tier 8 meds.  If you don’t think this is exactly what WG is doing.  Open up the game now.  Look at what’s for sale.   A premium t54 with the best stats from both guns.  It does have a little less armor but that’s not really a problem in a t54

Edited by zeur0sis, 24 August 2019 - 11:27 PM.

_Cletus #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:15 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
There are two contributing factors.  First WG has been putting out blatantly op premiums for years.  Second, as one plays the game over time you find yourself acquiring a lot of premiums, be it through events, buying them, whatever.  I'm no longer really ftp, but I certainly don't spend much and I have a lot of premiums.  So now you've got a lot of experienced players driving op tanks that make a lot of credits.  It drives the noobs to buy the same tanks without realizing it's a combination of skill and op tank that just kicked their poop chutes.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

AKWolf1 #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 74019 battles
  • [CMIND]
Well I know WG will never do it, but allowing newbs to buy high tier premiums when they have no clue how to play needs to be addressed. I have seen way too many players with only a couple of hundred battles in low tiers, go out and purchase a premium tank and are in way over their heads and just end up being a handicap to their teams. Today I had two of these. Both with only 200 or do battles and both playing a brand new tier 10 premium. One was a mid 30’s player and the other was a 25%’r. I laid into both of them to get out and learn how to play before jumping in over their head. This is where WG needs to put a stop into letting players buy a tank way out of their abilities.

Edited by AKWolf1, 25 August 2019 - 02:30 AM.

EL_Din_46 #18 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View PostAKWolf1, on 24 August 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Well I know WG will never do it, but allowing newbs to buy high tier premiums when they have no clue how to play needs to be addressed. I have seen way too many players with only a couple of hundred battles in low tiers, go out and purchase a premium tank and are in way over their heads and just end up being a handicap to their teams. Today I had two of these. Both with only 200 or do battles and both playing a brand new tier 10 premium. One was a mid 30’s player and the other was a 25%’r. I laid into both of them to get out and learn how to play before jumping in over their head. This is where WG needs to put a stop into letting players buy a tank way out of their abilities.

My best wr and worst experience was driving my new Y5 ELC bis on tier 7. It convinced me not to do that again until I had the skills and experienced to actually drive that tank.

That being said, if you had laid into me, a combative and stubborn noob, I probably would still be driving that tank. You just can not sell people on anything by hitting them over the head. All you probably got for doing so was a reputation for being a complete jerk. Maybe you aren’t actually a jerk, but that noob and all his friends have a good reason for thinking you are. 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

AKWolf1 #19 Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 74019 battles
  • [CMIND]

View PostEL_Din_46, on 25 August 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

My best wr and worst experience was driving my new Y5 ELC bis on tier 7. It convinced me not to do that again until I had the skills and experienced to actually drive that tank.

That being said, if you had laid into me, a combative and stubborn noob, I probably would still be driving that tank. You just can not sell people on anything by hitting them over the head. All you probably got for doing so was a reputation for being a complete jerk. Maybe you aren’t actually a jerk, but that noob and all his friends have a good reason for thinking you are. 

I could care less what people think of me.  I’m old enough to not GAF anymore.  

Godzillacus #20 Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41438 battles
  • [SAD21]
It would be interesting and fun to have a tech tree only tournament maybe once a month. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users