People like this are why the forums died

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Posit1ve_ #1 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 52851 battles
  • [_V_]

I should have made this topic a long time ago, but for the past year or two, there's been a certain pervasive attitude that's infected the forums like a cancer, and has more or less completely killed off this community.

This "attitude"  I feel is perfectly summed up by this individual (to avoid name and shame rules, I won't be including his username). Here's a selection of quotes from his recent posts:

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Back when skill was the thing ...  the quality of gameplay has taken a trip to the bottom of the barrel ... the nubs in control of everything

Posted Today, 12:00 PM

... all nub assist items added into the game to keep the nubs playing

Posted Today, 10:21 AM

Most teams I’ve been a part of were full of corner camping trash anyway so it hasn’t much mattered what I’ve done  .... The map is Nub Vanilla.

Posted Today, 12:42 AM

I’m getting sick of playing with guys who won’t engage, want to go to town or want to play from behind everyone else. ... 

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Idiots could see h9w tanks are supposed to be played

This selection of quotes comes purely from posts made in the last 2 days. I used to be a forum regular, but nowadays, when I pop in on the forums, all I see is elitist garbage like this. Really kills the atmosphere, and is definitely no small contributor to the gradual decline and death of this website I used to love. While a lot of communities can be toxic, this one has gotten especially bad in terms of the elitism and hostility brewing here.

Gone are the days where this place was filled with things like guides, advice, and other constructive content. It's been replaced with utter garbage.

The ironic part of course is all of this is coming from players with stats like these:

Might wanna shield your eyes from the hypocrisy here

So I guess my message here to this person (you know who you are) and all of those like him who only make posts complaining about "the nubs" or "WG bad" or whatever nonsense your heads are filled with...

I hope you're happy with yourselves for ruining this place.

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

twirlingtowardsfreedom #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29859 battles

You've got 4 compelling c4se and I gener4lly 4gree th4t the repetitive tone of single pov posts gets beyond old, possibly even pushing the community down.

But I'd also challenge you to engage more when you've got worthy content. Post threads about your best maps/tanks etc series from youtube to stimulate some good chat, get other unis involved in non-gripey threads by average players, and bring some needed wisdom when whatever dumb controversy pops up. Not saying you don't already, but we're done if players like you, Sparty, Cru, etc stop.

Also good to remember that content spamming happens on discord too...it gets beyond tiring to scroll through 400 comments about the progetto being OP or not, lots by one person.

AntoineDodson #3 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28145 battles
  • [DOOMD]
The forum is definitely on the downslope. You can ask a very good question that used to get some good responses but now you are lucky to get a response. 
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

_ArmoredGlassCannon #4 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:46 PM

Player with an oxymoron username in NA server

• Players
  • 19784 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Could this be the main reason why unicums and super unicums from old days of blitz no longer come here and interact with other people? :(  
Spoiler

Edited by _ArmoredGlassCannon, 24 August 2019 - 10:34 PM.

"Give an anime fan any object, and they will find a way to want to stick their ***k in it" — Gigguk

"IDF super op military uses ancient M103 and makes them bullet proof with sand bags. F****ing op military moments." — mike82198

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]
I’d say you aren’t wrong but you also aren’t entirely correct. Anytime someone comes here with legitimate questions, many people will come through with advice and answers. That’s the aspect I think you’re wrong in your OP. Where you’re correct is the constant stream of negativity and toxicity doesn’t help anyone and likely causes many lurkers to remain lurkers and not start a thread.

I also think the OP could have been made without stat shaming someone. You just done exactly what your OP advocates against and will only cause this thread to turn toxic in a hurry.

Blartch #6 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60335 battles
  • [SPUD]
I guess we should all go over to the WG Discord server where the mods and staff call us stupid little spammers.  Much more civil.

Si1verBlood #7 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]

Just for info: this is naming and shaming...from experience even if you vaguely give hints about the target...your whole thread gets deleted.

Didnt know he was using an alt to comment on forums btw...

People were eager to help because there were people eager to learn....now the second is so rare that it is now unrewarding and useless for the first to make the effort. 

Blartch #8 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 60335 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 24 August 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

People were eager to help because there were people eager to learn....now the second is so rare that it is now unrewarding and useless for the first to make the effort. 

There's a large amount of truth in that... both here and in public schools, according to my teacher friends

wwing #9 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

Either We Win Or They Do

• Players
  • 39478 battles
There is an old saying “ the weakest guy made the loudest noise” or whatever!  

acrisis #10 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

There were more positive people around, helping others, creating a positive force field if you would, against the negativity, rambling tin foilers, haters, naysayers, ... and spammers. 

If WG would put a tiny little bit of effort into the forum, I’m sure it could revive and do better. A lot of people with a bad attitude have disappeared ... but the news and good content needs to come back. Once we lost the NA staff, things have not been the same. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Meat_Locker #11 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 38791 battles
  • [TITAN]

An assertion made with no evidence but with the strange idea that correlation equates to causation. 

Honestly, it is my opinion that WG has killed off the forum. They engage once or twice a month, tops; often with poorly worded and then pasted marketing text. This place (and the WOTB property) are rotting from the top, not the bottom up. The NA server ranks low on the totem pole. Don’t blame it on the symptom: long-standing veteran player frustration with something they care about greatly. You’ve got it all backwards. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 24 August 2019 - 09:00 PM.

_TheKidd_ #12 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2722 battles
  • [RPATH]
Funny, as a longtime lurker I remember when OMK was the one people griped about.  Somebody want to mention him twice more and see if he shows up? :)

Gavidoc01 #13 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:21 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 40958 battles
  • [III]

agree and it isn’t just this individual. If they hate it so much quit. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 24 August 2019 - 09:22 PM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

_ImUrHuckleberry #14 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 14248 battles
  • [SRT-A]

+1 But WG is equal parts at fault, if not more so for abandoning the NA base, save for the random boiler-plate remarks.

@Meat_Locker: While I agree with you about WG, guilty parties are not mutually exclusive. There are two types of disgruntled forumers: Players like Blartch who have legit issues like being told he's stupid for asking about the camo contest, and the RNG/player-base burning him out (but he knew that wayyyy before he hit 50k games, and still has the same stats so there's that). 

Then there's players like 4sfield,  who were never as good as they think, and would rather blame RNG and the player base for not being able to overcome the obstacles that we all go through. They speak with such authority and bluster, that many forumers that are struggling latch on to that instead of coming to terms that they will never win above 70% at their peak, because this is a team game. It's the mob mentality and it gets real old. I posted something very similar to Positive's OP a couple days ago. 

The truth is that the old guard in any game eventually move on, but the new crop of potential Super Unis/contributors are being poisoned by WGs apathy, and forumers with agendas. 

To the old guard players that say they mope around the forums because they're scorned lovers, just move on. Don't wait for a restraining order, go out with dignity and sanity. Your $$$ is gone, as it should be. You had years of entertainment, and if you consider this game an investment then you have bigger issues. 

The game may indeed be dying, but let the newer players enjoy what you already had for years. Excitement and entertainment.

wrecker1968 #15 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43246 battles
  • [HOUSE]
When the NA staff was here. I thought they did a good job. But now I realize they did a really good job. It stinks That I did not realize what a great team was running the forum back then. Now you're lucky to see the WG staff once every 2 weeks or more. Ribble did not even stop by to announce this event.

4sfield #16 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Half of those posts up there are from me, but those aren’t my stats. I haven’t had a great run of late I’ll admit but I didn’t deserve to be trolled like this by a guy who isn’t a very good person and never has been. Anyone who knows him sill understand.

Instead of slinging mud and being a [edited]about something, it’s customary for a real man to confront his issue with whoever he has the issue with. The OP is just the same drivel tactic millennials use to try to discredit things they don’t agree with. I am disgusted with OP’s behavior and believe this to be a new low for him. If you don’t agree with something you can answer the posts, you don’t have to make a thread about it. 

If OP has an issue with me, we can discuss it personally away from the forum. It’s not a stats or know-how thing, I’ve outplayed him lots of times and he knows it. This is a personal attack and the false pretext of him not trying to not name and shame is a sham the same as he is. He doesn’t give a [edited] about the forum or anyone else besides himself and never has. 

Be a man, own your stuff, confront  your issues and stand up for what you believe. The OP is nothing more than what he’s accusing anyone else of. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Si1verBlood #17 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]
Post from your main then

AKWolf1 #18 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 74019 battles
  • [CMIND]
OMK where you???

Triode757 #19 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15420 battles
  • [XWING]

All quarrels between certain People Who Shall Not Be Named aside, I would say the forums died at least in part because Discord servers provide a rather more attractive option for many people than an obsolescent webpage.

Would you like to be able to have an actual live voice conversation with the person you're chatting with?

Discord has you covered.

Want to keep strats private without resorting to email chains?

Discord.

Want to make your own moderation policies?

Discord.

Want to get on a Star Wars/tanks themed server?

I know one.

(the -WINGs/Z-95/STL-X)

Would you prefer to be able to hop in VC without having your ears massaged with the soothing strains of a Space Shuttle liftoff by a random 12 year old kid?

There's a server for that.

(III)

Want to experience the forums compressed into a discord server with the addition of push notifications and one of the worst meme channels in existence?

You're in luck.

(WG server)

There are simply more options for customizing your servers (statbots, roles, literally anything), less restrictions on nearly everything when not talking on the official WG server, and it's less cumbersome than navigating web pages.

The only significant advantage I can think of that the forum has over discord is the autosave feature and a native upvote feature (which can be emulated with emojis/bots in discord.)

Kcmafia #20 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25296 battles
  • [TRUE1]
This forum definitely isn’t what it used to be with content or users. However, the NA Blitz Facebook group is fantastic. It is what this forum used to be. I mean you still get your MM and tinfoil hat posts and some salty posts about noobs. I don’t think that will ever change. Good questions are asked with great answers. I highly recommended it if you haven’t been in that group.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users