Tiger P

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiger P is the best (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Favorite 1 Tiger 1 Or Tiger P

1. Tiger P (22 votes [75.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

2. Tiger 1 (7 votes [24.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Vote Hide poll

a15eteRnalTanker #1 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2312 battles
  • [ETD15]
The Tiger p is the best totally worth it

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:08 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18905 battles
  • [DETH]
Tiger P is better for noobs, Tiger 1 has better ceiling. 

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

jahawa #3 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17134 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I didn't vote because after running high 50's for the first 200 battles, the Tiger P has turned on me. In the  It would have been my vote, but I have had a total collapse in driving that tank. The Tiger I has not been much better. I am sure it is me, but neither of those tanks are on my "A" list right now.....

In the last 60 days, I have played 35 battles in the P and am 8-27. My stats are horrible in it now. I would have played more, but every time I take it out, I have losing streaks....:arta:

60 days ago I would have voted Tiger P

_Cletus #4 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:46 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
I must be a noob, if the Tiger P was a woman, I would seduce her, convince her to leave her husband, abandon my family, change my name to Bill Gates Jr, and live a life of fraud and sweaty Tiger love.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Tiger P is easy mode. My muppet self has a 75% WR. Point, drive, shoot and repeat.

Doilky #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15125 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 24 August 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

I don't see it in the stats, why does the Tiger 1 have a higher ceiling? It is one of the few tier 7 tanks that I don't have. What am I missing? 

I don't have a Tiger 1 because I feel like everytime I see one on the battlefield it's too easy to chew it up. 

Si1verBlood #7 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15508 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostDoilky, on 25 August 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

I don't see it in the stats, why does the Tiger 1 have a higher ceiling? It is one of the few tier 7 tanks that I don't have. What am I missing? 

I don't have a Tiger 1 because I feel like everytime I see one on the battlefield it's too easy to chew it up. 

better gun (depression wise) and mobility...better turret(no tumor on top)..and better side armor if you want to side scrape... basically if you know how to use cover you will do better in the tiger 1(btw i feel that it has a mor eof a med playstyle than a heavy). tiger p is for frontline bullying and more mistake forgiving

Edited by Si1verBlood, 25 August 2019 - 02:44 PM.

Doilky #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15125 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 25 August 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

better gun (depression wise) and mobility...better turret(no tumor on top)..and better side armor if you want to side scrape... basically if you know how to use cover you will do better in the tiger 1(btw i feel that it has a mor eof a med playstyle than a heavy). tiger p is for frontline bullying and more mistake forgiving

Ok, I'm pretty close to having 1.3m credits burning a hole in my pocket.  I'll give it a try. 

Benaiah55 #9 Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [FUX-R]
Your WR dropped in your Tiger P it has to be you changed your playing style.  Its like the smasher now cant hit but every 1 shot in 4 but you must be aiming wrong.  The game is beyond reproach as Russians are famous for long term solutions...… its the player not the game.

Doilky #10 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15125 battles
  • [EXTRA]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 25 August 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Ok, bought it, still at about 80% crew, only recently got the top gun and still don't have top motor. 

It's definitely a medium play style..

Heavies are typically my least favorite tanks to play.  Usually too slow and unable to adjust to a changing battlefield. 

Edited by Doilky, 07 September 2019 - 09:32 PM.

Roberto577_One #11 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5554 battles
  • [DRIFT]

View Posta15eteRnalTanker, on 24 August 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

The Tiger p is the best totally worth it

I just gotta say that I hate both. Not because they're bad, but because I have bad memories of them. The Tiger P was the first Tier 7 I owned, and I used it to get the Tiger I, back when you could research the Tiger I from the Tiger P. I averaged like 600 damage per battle in it. The Tiger I was the first tank I ground excessively. I barely maintained 1K average damage and a 50% winrate in it after nearly 200 battles. This was back when it had OP DPM. I guess I hate them cause they remind me of when I was a noob. I'll probably repurchase them someday and "make amends".

Edited by Roberto577_One, 07 September 2019 - 11:35 PM.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

EricOtown #12 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5002 battles
  • [420SW]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 24 August 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

I don't see many significant differences between the Tiger P and the Tiger I. The P has much better front hull armor. The P has 200mm vs. only 100mm of frontal hull armor on the Tiger I. DPM is almost the same with a small advantage for the P. Alpha is the exact same.

The only advantages that I see for the Tiger I is that's it's faster and it has 8 degrees of gun depression vs. 6 for the P. The Tiger I has a top speed of 44 mph and an average speed of 26 mph vs. the P's top speed is 35 mph and it's average speed is 22.  I'm not sure that I would trade 100mm of front hull armor for only 2 degrees of gun depression and a little extra speed. I guess it dependent on personal preference.

Hull down the Tiger I is superior due to its 8 degrees of gun depression, but you can't stay hull down the entire battle and the P with its 200mm of front hull armor gives you a lot more protection when not hull down which gives you more flexibility.

Aim time and dispersion are the same for both tanks. So basically with the P you get 100mm of extra front hull armor and you give up some speed and 2 degrees of gun depression. Both good tanks, but personally, for a tier 7 heavy, I prefer the T29 with its 310 alpha gun, 10 degrees of gun depression, and 279mm of front turret armor. It has the same speed as the Tiger P and you give up a couple hundred DPM compared to the Tigers, but you don't need to expose yourself nearly as often to maximize its DPM with 41% more alpha per shot than the Tigers, not to mention more gun depression and a lot more front turret armor. 

Edited by EricOtown, 08 September 2019 - 12:09 AM.

tankeatingtiger #13 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:18 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 18905 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostEricOtown, on 07 September 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I don't see many significant differences between the Tiger P and the Tiger I. The P has much better front hull armor. The P has 200mm vs. only 100mm of frontal hull armor on the Tiger I. DPM is almost the same with a small advantage for the P. Alpha is the exact same.

The only advantages that I see for the Tiger I is that's it's faster and it has 8 degrees of gun depression vs. 6 for the P. The Tiger I has a top speed of 44 mph and an average speed of 26 mph vs. the P's top speed is 35 mph and it's average speed is 22.  I'm not sure that I would trade 100mm of front hull armor for only 2 degrees of gun depression and a little extra speed. I guess it dependent on personal preference.

Hull down the Tiger I is superior due to its 8 degrees of gun depression, but you can't stay hull down the entire battle and the P with its 200mm of front hull armor gives you a lot more protection when not hull down which gives you more flexibility.

Ok disregarding the T29 because I don't know much about it. 

I would make that trade all day to be honest, although that may just be my playstyle as an aggressive heavium driver. The 2 degrees on gun depression is actually huge, couple that with the strong turret and you have a very nice hull down game going. Especially in T8, the 1's extra flexibility lets it spank the meds better than the P, which is left facing heavies with its non-punchy gun and now-weak-ish armor. 

And for the part where you say the Tiger P's hull armor gives it in an advantage, I disagree. Say you are facing t8's, which often happens. That turret turns into warm cheese, the lower front plate is pretty sizeable, and if you choose to peek-a-boom your alpha puts you at a huge disadvantage. 

I still say "Tiger P is better for noobs, Tiger 1 has better ceiling. "

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Fu_Manchu_ #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11443 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 07 September 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Ok disregarding the T29 because I don't know much about it. 

I would make that trade all day to be honest, although that may just be my playstyle as an aggressive heavium driver. The 2 degrees on gun depression is actually huge, couple that with the strong turret and you have a very nice hull down game going. Especially in T8, the 1's extra flexibility lets it spank the meds better than the P, which is left facing heavies with its non-punchy gun and now-weak-ish armor. 

And for the part where you say the Tiger P's hull armor gives it in an advantage, I disagree. Say you are facing t8's, which often happens. That turret turns into warm cheese, the lower front plate is pretty sizeable, and if you choose to peek-a-boom your alpha puts you at a huge disadvantage. 

I still say "Tiger P is better for noobs, Tiger 1 has better ceiling. "

Tiger I, Tiger (P) and T29 are completely different playstyles. The weak hull of the T29 means you have to go hull down, which means you can't play it as aggressively as the P. T29 is for going hull down and holding a strong defensive position.

Tiger I should be run with the mediums and will absolutely wreck most meds and lights.

Tiger (P) is best at ultra aggressive play. Rush any high alpha, lower DPM heavies while constantly changing angles to get bounces. The cupola is hard to hit if you're constantly moving. Skilled players will easily pen the cupola or LFP but nubs will panic and get wrecked.

AKA HanYolo_.

_Cletus #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:03 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 09 September 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Tiger I, Tiger (P) and T29 are completely different playstyles. The weak hull of the T29 means you have to go hull down, which means you can't play it as aggressively as the P. T29 is for going hull down and holding a strong defensive position.

Tiger I should be run with the mediums and will absolutely wreck most meds and lights.

Tiger (P) is best at ultra aggressive play. Rush any high alpha, lower DPM heavies while constantly changing angles to get bounces. The cupola is hard to hit if you're constantly moving. Skilled players will easily pen the cupola or LFP but nubs will panic and get wrecked.

Fu is correct.  I like to take the T-29 with the meds, there's more hulldown opportunities.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

AntoineDodson #16 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28145 battles
  • [DOOMD]

View Post_Cletus, on 09 September 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Fu is correct.  I like to take the T-29 with the meds, there's more hulldown opportunities.

What happens when the meds push somewhere else? You are now alone, vulnerable, and not helping the team. No?

For example, you and the mediums go left in an attempt to take out the Red's mediums. However, the entire Red army goes right. The meds can get over to help quickly. However, by the time you get there you might be down three tanks.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

Absolute_Sniper #17 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36156 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 09 September 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

What happens when the meds push somewhere else? You are now alone, vulnerable, and not helping the team. No?

For example, you and the mediums go left in an attempt to take out the Red's mediums. However, the entire Red army goes right. The meds can get over to help quickly. However, by the time you get there you might be down three tanks.

A hull down T29 doesn’t care. It will devastate anyone trying to push it and take little to no damage in return. It’s takes multiple tanks pushing at the same time to dislodge that monster. Not to mention it’s not that slow. 

_Cletus #18 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostAntoineDodson, on 09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Slow is never an excuse for me.  The T29 isn't that slow, but even a slow heavy can go with the meds.  You might not fire the first shot but you'll get there before everyone dies.  And if all my meds rush to the other side of the map they go the safe way, around the outside.  I take my heavy through the middle and always get there on time.  Plus if I drive a heavy I've got my speed boost enabled and abused.

I'm a big believer that heavies can go the med route when the situation calls, and that meds can go the heavier route when necessary.  "I can't" equals "I lose" in Blitz.

sFkBFSc.jpg

RommelTanker #19 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3204 battles
  • [_DX2_]

I enjoy the Tiger P but I have way better performance in the Tiger 1 (higher skill ceiling yay). 

The two play similarly to the extent that they have the same DPM. That's literally it. Otherwise the two play way differently. The Porsche is your typical point and shoot, bounce enemy shots heavy. You sit and let them hammer your armor while you hammer their HP. There's not really much else required to do well in it, but the poor mobility limits its versatility. The Tiger 1 is your classic heavium. Meh armor, good gun, good mobility (for a heavy). It can tank on the turret like the Tiger p, but everything else is probably going to pen it. Now, because it's a box on tracks you can actually sidescrape in it if you need but otherwise you don't wanna get hit in it. If you play it like a medium, oh boy the enemy team is in for a rough time. It brings a lot of hurt in a short time frame and if not dealt with quickly, it'll rip the enemy to shreds. But you gotta know how to do it, hence why the Tiger 1 also has a higher skill floor than the Tiger P.

I enjoy the Tiger 1 more than the Tiger P btw.

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

I have discovered the glory of the Tiger 1. 

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #20 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7040 battles
  • [HAHA]
I just got the Tiger P, Its not bad, but as a T29 fanatic I really hate that the turret is so easily penned... I really like the stock gun and find it very reliable, so I should ask: Should I get the top tier gun or the upgraded turret?

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users