Moving forward

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Dan_Deerso #41 Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24970 battles
  • [III]
Honestly, since I joined a clan with some of the most data-centric minded individuals in the game, I don't need to post to the forum to dig deeper into this game and the various mechanical, mathematical, and social aspects of the game that affect the outcomes of battles.

tedg5 #42 Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:22 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 49011 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View Post_Cletus, on 26 August 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I have two ideas.

First, boobs.  I've been suggesting this for a while.  Everyone loves boobs, guys love boobs, girls love boobs, they just make everything better.

Second, one thing we can all do is before we hit the post button, read over your post.  If the post was just venting about stuff that's always being complained about, maybe don't hit post.  If the post is two pages of typed text worth of venting, maybe writing it out was what you needed to feel better, maybe don't hit post.  

I agree your first one would be an improvement. :great:

GrossPanzer1970 #43 Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 150 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 25 August 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

If you can't figure out the blatantly obvious reasons as to why your main was banned, you shouldn't be here on an alt.

I can guess because there are hypocritical people with good friends who are mods.

Dan_Deerso #44 Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:26 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24970 battles
  • [III]

View PostGrossPanzer1970, on 26 August 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

I can guess because there are hypocritical people with good friends who are mods.

Planning on stat shaming others and being generally toxic on this account too?

__V_O_P__ #45 Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31179 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 27 August 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

Planning on stat shaming others and being generally toxic on this account too?

So perhaps this is a start. A common language. Some agreement on what is and is not acceptable. 

So what do you mean by stat shaming? If someone is giving me grief in game and their stats suck... I’m shaming them. And I don’t regret that one iota. 

Ruby_Rose_ #46 Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:51 AM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 14082 battles
  • [SCAMO]
Can't revive the dead.

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

jkwon126 #47 Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38338 battles
  • [HUCK]
If anyone new wants to toon give me a shout in-game. I'm painfully average but I have a couple of games under my belt and I will do what I can to help.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

Rocket_From_The_Tomb #48 Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:35 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

My Greek buddy owns a bunch of restaurants. 

Every time one starts to perform poorly, it mysteriously burns down. Gets a new theme and name. 

I’ve got some matches. 

Dan_Deerso #49 Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:46 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24970 battles
  • [III]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 26 August 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

So perhaps this is a start. A common language. Some agreement on what is and is not acceptable. 

So what do you mean by stat shaming? If someone is giving me grief in game and their stats suck... I’m shaming them. And I don’t regret that one iota. 

Well, someone would come to the forum and post, regardless of the content, a certain person would feel the need to immediately write a one-liner nastygram in the thread degrading that person's stats. The funny part is a lot of those players exist in the same stat bracket (Strikingly average) as the person I'm referring to.

EL_Din_46 #50 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View Post__V_O_P__, on 26 August 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

I’m pretty sure they are talking about doing that in the forum. Changing the topic from what is being discussed to the opponents backgound is an old tactic in politics, but is also a sign that they can’t keep up with the debate. Better politicians get better at holding their own in the debate.

What you are doing is different. I don’t waste my time on people like that in game. If they dm me I don’t stat shame them but sometimes I very politely mess with their mind as much as I can. That is a character flaw I suppose.

I do that with telemarketers who violate the do not call list sometimes too. A couple have even broken down, sobbing into their telephones. How bad of a person am I?  But telemarketers are evil, aren’t they? 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

_Cletus #51 Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
If someone makes a logical argument, and someone else disagrees with it, they should not use their stats as a way of negating their argument.  Stat shaming has a place, I do it too.  When I get PM's and the argument is getting stupid I'll finish with something like "Let's just say I'm right 55% of the time and you're right 45% of the time."  But stats don't necessarily tell you about the other players intelligence or strategic knowledge.  There is an inherent talent for the game some people have.  Some people have shaky hands.  Some people play on better devices than others.  Some of us grew up gaming, some of us discovered gaming in our old age.  Just because someone's stats aren't great doesn't make them wrong about everything.  So stats count but they aren't very relevant to a reasonable logical conversation, so I consider stat shaming on the forums bad in general.  Of course, if someone wants to talk about their in game performance, then stats are what the convo is about and there is no problem at all discussing them, good or bad.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users