Advice on best use for 50% certificates?

advice certificates Ru-251 IS-8 ST-I SU-101 ISU-152 B-C 25 t AP fnord

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Use of 50% Certificates (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which tech tree progression would you choose?

1. SP 1 C (VII) + Ru-251 (VIII) (9 votes [21.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

2. AMX 13 90 (VIII) + B-C 25 t AP (IX) (8 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

3. VK 30.01 D (VI) + Panther (VII) (3 votes [7.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

4. IS-3 (VIII) + IS-8 (IX) (5 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

5. KV-4 (VIII) + ST-I (IX) (8 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

6. SU-100M1 (VII) + SU-101 (VIII) (2 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

7. SU-152 (VII) + ISU-152 (VIII) (6 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Vote Hide poll

Kubernetes #1 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7175 battles
  • [C33]

With this latest Daily Awards event, I'm torn between where to use the 50%-Off certificates, and would love any advice you all might have on your preferences, and why. 

I also happen to have a Category 4 hurricane barreling toward me that will probably knock my power out on Monday, so I need to get this stuff done pretty quickly... LOL

For some background (if you're interested):

• I'm comfortable with all tank classes (lights, mediums, heavies, destroyers)
  • I play tier 8 more than any other tiers, and feel quite comfortable there
  • I'm just now venturing into tier 9... with my only tier 9 being the KpfPz 70 (6 battles)
  • I like my Rhm-Borsig the best, and have the Waffle researched but not bought yet
  • I'm loving my new T49 light and am grinding to the T54E1
  • I'm also really liking my new M4/FL10 medium and the pew-pew gun

• I'm only researching these new tanks at this point... not enough silver to buy them yet
  • I just want to use up the certs before they vanish...

I've got about 110,000 Free XP and the ability to purchase some additional Free XP using gold and some Elite XP to make sure I get this done before the certs vanish.

Thanks for reading and thanks for voting and any additional comments you may have about your likes and preferences and favorites from this list would be most appreciated!

Good luck and happy tanking out there!

Edited by Kubernetes, 31 August 2019 - 10:01 AM.

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Ugliest Player NA

• Players
  • 12005 battles
  • [K9]
The poll should answer your question. Be safe in the hurricane.
"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

_Weeping_Angel_ #3 Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Don’t Blink

• Players
  • 55308 battles
  • [501DV]

Three ways to use the certs.

1. Save effort.  Maximum value by using them on tanks you are very close to the 50% researched.

2. Tanks you hate or struggle with.  This is obvious. I used one on the Tortoise because I sucked in it and hated driving it at the same time but really wanted the 183.  If I had to finish the grind, I may have quit the game.

3.  Really bad tanks.  Use them to get past a bad tank. Some tanks are underpowered and just suck.  Now you have a chance to skip it. 

Steelers510 #4 Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32446 battles
  • [NUKEZ]
Just a reminder in case you didn't know already - you don't have to purchase the previous tank in order to research the next higher tier.  You need to research any modules in between the two.

j0nn0 #5 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19314 battles
  • [XREGS]
RU or batchat for mobile lights, IS-8 is a relaible medium hunter, and the 152 is just derp. Stay safe during the hurricane.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

AntoineDodson #6 Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29937 battles

If you are into stats, use it on harder tanks to win with.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

_LOONA #7 Posted 31 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 13541 battles
  • [RGN]

Since you are advancing past tier 8 for the first time (technically), both the IS-7 line and the IS-4 line are good starting tanks to play at. Good armor, forgiving, good gun (respectively to is-7 damage and is-4 consistency), and decently mobile for a heavy tank. 

~ T57 line is a hard line to master if that is going to be your first tier 10 tank. 

~ Again, the SP1C / RU251 and the leopard 1 line are definitely fun tanks to play but they have a high learning curve and need good map and situational awareness. You will not have a fun first time at tier 9 trying to carry and grind out the Leo PT A.

~ The french light tank line is just the same as the leopard 1 line but even more difficult to master since you have to take into consideration the intricacies of a clip reload and more situational awareness. 

~ Su-100M1 and SU-101 tank and the OBJ 263 line I dont know much about but i've heard that they are fun tanks to play. Definitely an option if you want fast and hard hitting tank destroyers. 

~ SU-152 and ISU-152 both are mighty troll communist tanks and are extreme fun to play regardless of skill level. But be warned, you wont win much if you solo in these tanks and if it's your first tier X as they are quite team dependent. 

~ Vk and panther, I've personally thoroughly enjoyed the line but from the majority of other players the panther 1 and 2 are horrid tanks to play through. Not the best DPM and not great armor. 

The suggestions given above are specifically geared towards if you want to win and are more stat centered. But, if you are not into stats as much and carrying/winning the games all the time then honestly find the tank that looks the coolest or something you've always wanted and just go for it. 

Kubernetes #8 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7175 battles
  • [C33]

A HUGE thanks to everyone for responding and for voting, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me a little bit!

And special thanks for the hurricane well-wishes. It looks like it's veering farther north than when it looked like it was going to plow right over me, but our power grid around here is still held up by toothpicks and string, so we'll see if we dodged a Category 5 shell.

Thanks again for all of the help! Best wishes in your upcoming games!

Kubernetes #9 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7175 battles
  • [C33]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 31 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Three ways to use the certs.

1. Save effort.  Maximum value by using them on tanks you are very close to the 50% researched.

2. Tanks you hate or struggle with.  This is obvious. I used one on the Tortoise because I sucked in it and hated driving it at the same time but really wanted the 183.  If I had to finish the grind, I may have quit the game.

3.  Really bad tanks.  Use them to get past a bad tank. Some tanks are underpowered and just suck.  Now you have a chance to skip it. 

These are all excellent tips, and thanks for offering them!

Unfortunately with 1 and 2, they don't really apply because I've already got a number of higher tier tanks researched, but not yet purchased, and with these temporary certs I don't even have any familiarity with the tanks I can be skipping through. If they weren't set to expire I'd just hold onto them, but I figure I'd cut some of the grinding time by just using them while I had them.

3 is also great advice, I'll take a look again to see which of my choices might be the hardest grind according to others' experiences.

Roberto577_One #10 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:40 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 5825 battles
  • [DRIFT]

View PostKubernetes, on 31 August 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

With this latest Daily Awards event, I'm torn between where to use the 50%-Off certificates, and would love any advice you all might have on your preferences, and why. 

I also happen to have a Category 4 hurricane barreling toward me that will probably knock my power out on Monday, so I need to get this stuff done pretty quickly... LOL

For some background (if you're interested):

• I'm comfortable with all tank classes (lights, mediums, heavies, destroyers)
  • I play tier 8 more than any other tiers, and feel quite comfortable there
  • I'm just now venturing into tier 9... with my only tier 9 being the KpfPz 70 (6 battles)
  • I like my Rhm-Borsig the best, and have the Waffle researched but not bought yet
  • I'm loving my new T49 light and am grinding to the T54E1
  • I'm also really liking my new M4/FL10 medium and the pew-pew gun

• I'm only researching these new tanks at this point... not enough silver to buy them yet
  • I just want to use up the certs before they vanish...

I've got about 110,000 Free XP and the ability to purchase some additional Free XP using gold and some Elite XP to make sure I get this done before the certs vanish.

Thanks for reading and thanks for voting and any additional comments you may have about your likes and preferences and favorites from this list would be most appreciated!

Good luck and happy tanking out there!

I'm using mine to get the tier 10 Bat-Chat, but the SP I C and RU 251 seem like they are fun to play, as long as you avoid the enemy TDs.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

Kubernetes #11 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7175 battles
  • [C33]

View Post_LOONA, on 31 August 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Since you are advancing past tier 8 for the first time (technically), both the IS-7 line and the IS-4 line are good starting tanks to play at. Good armor, forgiving, good gun (respectively to is-7 damage and is-4 consistency), and decently mobile for a heavy tank. 

~ T57 line is a hard line to master if that is going to be your first tier 10 tank. 

~ Again, the SP1C / RU251 and the leopard 1 line are definitely fun tanks to play but they have a high learning curve and need good map and situational awareness. You will not have a fun first time at tier 9 trying to carry and grind out the Leo PT A.

~ The french light tank line is just the same as the leopard 1 line but even more difficult to master since you have to take into consideration the intricacies of a clip reload and more situational awareness. 

~ Su-100M1 and SU-101 tank and the OBJ 263 line I dont know much about but i've heard that they are fun tanks to play. Definitely an option if you want fast and hard hitting tank destroyers. 

~ SU-152 and ISU-152 both are mighty troll communist tanks and are extreme fun to play regardless of skill level. But be warned, you wont win much if you solo in these tanks and if it's your first tier X as they are quite team dependent. 

~ Vk and panther, I've personally thoroughly enjoyed the line but from the majority of other players the panther 1 and 2 are horrid tanks to play through. Not the best DPM and not great armor. 

The suggestions given above are specifically geared towards if you want to win and are more stat centered. But, if you are not into stats as much and carrying/winning the games all the time then honestly find the tank that looks the coolest or something you've always wanted and just go for it. 

Loona, thanks for taking the time to craft such a response. I really appreciate the thoughts here.

~ T57

You know, I never even looked at what was at the end of the T49 line... haha. I had the M4 tier 5 and saw the new T49 Hornet camo scheme and thought it was a really sweet design. It was only later that I discovered the surprising fun of the 152mm gun. But the T57 does look like an interesting challenge, but with that wise advice I doubt that'll be my first Tier 10.

~ Ru-251

I was kind of gunning for this due to botching up trying to purchase the leKpz M 41 90mm Cruel Twist weeks ago. I remember seeing many people thinking the 251 was a better tank in most respects (other than the credit coefficient). Hadn't thought much about tiers 9 or 10 on that line. I should probably start doing this more often.

~ Yeah not doing so hot with French lights or the AMX 50 100 so far, although I've researched the AMX 50 120. Probably save these for later too.

~ 152s

Thanks for the advice on these. This is probably one of the higher chance options I'll take. I've not spent much time in Russian destroyers but I have come around corners or over hills too many times to face a *152 and then wind up a smoking slab of metal. They look quite fun, when played correctly.

~ Panther

I've heard a lot that these German lines seem less desirable. But I noticed in your profile that you really like the E 50 M, and that has me interested in pursuing that tree now.

My first tier 10 I'll probably actively play is going to be the Grille 15. I started pushing up the Grille line first out of any of them, and always loved watching the Grille drivers in tournament play. I've got the Waffle researched and that'll probably be my next tier 9 purchase, and then I suspect I'll be hitting that one hard to get up to the Grille. But I also don't want to skip tier 9 too quickly. I know I need to stay there for a bit to get the hang of it.

And overall, not really obsessed with stats but I do prefer winning, especially now that I don't go drunk tanking anymore! My biggest failure in the game is still usually charging too far forward on the map and getting caught. I'm trying my best to fight that urge but then when I hang back too far it always seems like my team starts getting obliterated, and then I feel guilty. LOL... There might be a lucrative niche for Blitz Therapists out there. I could use one.

Again, thanks for all of your comments. Great stuff here and it really helped out a lot!

GL&HT!

_LOONA #12 Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:49 AM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 13541 battles
  • [RGN]

View PostKubernetes, on 31 August 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Loona, thanks for taking the time to craft such a response. I really appreciate the thoughts here.

~ T57

You know, I never even looked at what was at the end of the T49 line... haha. I had the M4 tier 5 and saw the new T49 Hornet camo scheme and thought it was a really sweet design. It was only later that I discovered the surprising fun of the 152mm gun. But the T57 does look like an interesting challenge, but with that wise advice I doubt that'll be my first Tier 10.

~ Ru-251

I was kind of gunning for this due to botching up trying to purchase the leKpz M 41 90mm Cruel Twist weeks ago. I remember seeing many people thinking the 251 was a better tank in most respects (other than the credit coefficient). Hadn't thought much about tiers 9 or 10 on that line. I should probably start doing this more often.

~ Yeah not doing so hot with French lights or the AMX 50 100 so far, although I've researched the AMX 50 120. Probably save these for later too.

~ 152s

Thanks for the advice on these. This is probably one of the higher chance options I'll take. I've not spent much time in Russian destroyers but I have come around corners or over hills too many times to face a *152 and then wind up a smoking slab of metal. They look quite fun, when played correctly.

~ Panther

I've heard a lot that these German lines seem less desirable. But I noticed in your profile that you really like the E 50 M, and that has me interested in pursuing that tree now.

My first tier 10 I'll probably actively play is going to be the Grille 15. I started pushing up the Grille line first out of any of them, and always loved watching the Grille drivers in tournament play. I've got the Waffle researched and that'll probably be my next tier 9 purchase, and then I suspect I'll be hitting that one hard to get up to the Grille. But I also don't want to skip tier 9 too quickly. I know I need to stay there for a bit to get the hang of it.

And overall, not really obsessed with stats but I do prefer winning, especially now that I don't go drunk tanking anymore! My biggest failure in the game is still usually charging too far forward on the map and getting caught. I'm trying my best to fight that urge but then when I hang back too far it always seems like my team starts getting obliterated, and then I feel guilty. LOL... There might be a lucrative niche for Blitz Therapists out there. I could use one.

Again, thanks for all of your comments. Great stuff here and it really helped out a lot!

GL&HT!

Oh yes, I loved the german heavy medium line. They recently buffed the E50M and its an amazing tier X tank right now. 

Yup np :)

Kubernetes #13 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7175 battles
  • [C33]

Okay, so I have a slew of work to get to and I wanted this off my mind (priorities!) so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. I went in a couple of different directions after I realized I hadn't been paying attention to the ultimate tier 10 end points on each line. I figured I'd better start taking that into account.

Here's the report, if anyone's interested:

I used the VII cert for the SP 1 C, on the way to the Ru-251 and then the Leopard 1 at tier 10.

I used the VIII cert on the KV-4, on the way to the IS-4 at tier 10.

I used the IX cert on the T54E1, on the way to the T57 at tier 10.

And one I didn't expect was using existing XP to get the VII Panther, and have enough Free XP left over for Panther upgrades to start grinding that one toward the E 50 M at tier 10.

Gonna have to let the X cert expire. Just don't have any trees advanced enough to use it. But at least I have another X cert that won't expire, so I can use that one later on when the time comes.

So all the research is done. The tier 9 Waffle TD is the next purchase and then probably the Panther and SP 1 C.

Thanks again for everyone's help! I appreciate you taking some time out of your day to help little old me!

Good luck out there!

Mako__Reizei___ #14 Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6688 battles
  • [ALI4S]
Use your tier 8 research ceertificate to get the RHM quicker if you hate the St. Emil. Or, just like me, wait for Madgames to com back and grind the xp there, it won't impact your stats and the Emil gets the engine boost, the one on steroids (gives your tank +1,000% in engine power and doubles speed limit but damages the engine after).

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

I have 11k WN8 and 2.5k WN7 on my Leichtraktor (Player_81214765456 of the DAMGE clan). Not sure if I should be proud of this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users