Jump to content


T49 Help and Education Please!

T49

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

richdubz #1 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16987 battles
  • 821
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

So I finally clawed my way up to the T49 by escaping Bulldog hell via the 50% research certificate.  I free XP’d the 152 gun, and have since had a mixed bad of success, so-so play and embarrassing fails. So far it seems like constant relocation, movement and sneak attacks seem to work best, and sniping is a 100% fail strategy.  The tank I seem to do best against, strangely enough, is other T49s.

 

The tank seems to eat credits when I use HE, but the HEAT rounds have lousy pen when not shooting at butts or thin skinned tanks. I also seem to have a gift for hitting tracks and getting no pen hits—my damage per hit average bites, so my shot selection needs help.  Putting shells into the dirt and killing worms from point blank range is also a skill I’m mastering in the tank.

 

I watched the Bushka  video and found it unhelpful.  Any advice or recommendations on helpful videos would be appreciated.


Edited by richdubz, 02 September 2019 - 01:47 PM.

 


Si1verBlood #2 Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 15518 battles
  • 842
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

play the bulldog with the auto loader to become better at the t49



AntoineDodson #3 Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29937 battles
  • 2,202
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017

I was terrible in it when I first got it. I couldn’t count the number of ZERO damage games.

 

You have to be PATIENT. When I first got it I was on a mad hunt to find someone’s [edited]to r@pe. 40 seconds into the game, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, back to garage with my tail between my legs with 30k less in the bank.

 

Now you have to wait for opportunities. Look for isolated tanks, especially slower tanks. When in doubt, use HEAT.


Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

j0nn0 #4 Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:56 PM

    F2P Skrub

  • Players
  • 19314 battles
  • 3,060
  • [XREGS]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

As you've already noticed, some of the defining features of the t49 are its mobility, derp, and being an absolute black hole for credits. Recommended equipment includes calibrated shells for more reliable pen and better splash damage potential, engine thingy to pop shots and bail quicker, GLD to drop that aim time a bit, and of course vertical stabilizers to help that horrible accuracy. 

 

I find that it works best as an ambush scout initially, then transitions to an ambush support ninja for most games. Unfortunately, unless you have a bunch of soft targets, you'll usually be lobbing shells to get some splash damage. The HEAT is only usable against some larger pieces of flat armor such as a Lowe's flank or rear. Calibrated shells are almost a necessity to make these shots work. 

 

You mentioned that sniping is 100% fail, but in my experience sniping is more of a potshot gamble game. At least one of my ace games i have on wotbreplays is of me sniping for a good two thirds of the match before closing in for point blank action. The key to good play in any event is to be patient, pick your targets, make your shots count, and have a large stash of credits if you plan to play the T49 for a lot of games. I reckon that I've burnt through at least 10 million by now with some of the antics I've pulled. 

 

*edit*

This should be the replay in question. Kinda hard to check cuz im on phone right now. https://replays.woti...1113da767d5e5a8


Edited by j0nn0, 02 September 2019 - 03:34 PM.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.


Mako__Reizei___ #5 Posted 02 September 2019 - 03:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6688 battles
  • 307
  • [ALI4S]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
Practice caution in that tank since everybody hates it and will focus it. Nobody wants to lose half of their hp the first minute due to an HE shell to their side/rear. Based on my experience seeing that tank on my team/enemy team, being opportunistic and only appearing to fire without risk of getting shot at is the way to go. Also get Calibrated Shells in it

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

 

I have 11k WN8 and 2.5k WN7 on my Leichtraktor (Player_81214765456 of the DAMGE clan). Not sure if I should be proud of this...


ZebraUp #6 Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 24523 battles
  • 1,784
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Postrichdubz, on 02 September 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

So I finally clawed my way up to the T49 by escaping Bulldog hell via the 50% research certificate.  I free XP’d the 152 gun,

 

advice or recommendations on helpful videos would be appreciated.

 

I did the exact same thing (love those research certificates!) although I do like the Bulldog. And yeah, advice/tips for how to T49 would be awesome!


You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel


Doilky #7 Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15736 battles
  • 170
  • [EXTRA]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

The Bulldog is a beast of a light tank.  The single shot has such good DPM and 10degrees of gun depression, you can just clean people up.

 

Learn to spot without yoloing, learn to be patient and look for isolated targets. 

 

edit: Actually your stats in the Bulldog look pretty good.  What don't you like about it? 


Edited by Doilky, 02 September 2019 - 04:58 PM.


fugitsblitz #8 Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 245 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    10-16-2018

Try this

 


Fugit555 from EU Server, trying to break into NA with my game and my YT channel

shyw #9 Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 48556 battles
  • 699
  • [DOGZ]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

fugitsblitz.....

 

Excellent video and explanations.....!!!!

 

Thanks for sharing



minitel_NA #10 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,182
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

Zoom, boom! Zoom.

 

rince and repeat.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


fangs58 #11 Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42086 battles
  • 919
  • [WHC]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2016

Great video. I actually bought the tank back last week after I found this on YouTube. I am still getting the hang of it but I am not as frustrated as I was. 

 


ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

 

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

 

 


dport02 #12 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28752 battles
  • 892
  • [-FE4R]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
Fugitsblitz I’ll have to argue. Le kpz m41 and t54 ltwt is really fun too. T49 is an RNG based tank, if RNG is on your side, i
Your in for a fun battle, but if RNG isn’t, then oof

richdubz #13 Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:10 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16987 battles
  • 821
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View Postj0nn0, on 02 September 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

I find that it works best as an ambush scout initially, then transitions to an ambush support ninja for most games. Unfortunately, unless you have a bunch of soft targets, you'll usually be lobbing shells to get some splash damage. The HEAT is only usable against some larger pieces of flat armor such as a Lowe's flank or rear. Calibrated shells are almost a necessity to make these shots work. 

 

You mentioned that sniping is 100% fail, but in my experience sniping is more of a potshot gamble game. At least one of my ace games i have on wotbreplays is of me sniping for a good two thirds of the match before closing in for point blank action. The key to good play in any event is to be patient, pick your targets, make your shots count, and have a large stash of credits if you plan to play the T49 for a lot of games. I reckon that I've burnt through at least 10 million by now with some of the antics I've pulled. 

 

*edit*

This should be the replay in question. Kinda hard to check cuz im on phone right now. https://replays.woti...1113da767d5e5a8

I’ll try that approach.  Interesting to watch the battle in armor inspector.  I didn’t know that was Even possible.  Cool.  Got the calibrated shells running, and the engine boost that was recommended too.

View PostMako___Reizei__________, on 02 September 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

Practice caution in that tank since everybody hates it and will focus it. Nobody wants to lose half of their hp the first minute due to an HE shell to their side/rear. Based on my experience seeing that tank on my team/enemy team, being opportunistic and only appearing to fire without risk of getting shot at is the way to go.

I agree.  Other tanks really tunnel me, but I guess I do the same when I see a T49 on red.

View PostDoilky, on 02 September 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

The Bulldog is a beast of a light tank.  The single shot has such good DPM and 10degrees of gun depression, you can just clean people up.

 

Learn to spot without yoloing, learn to be patient and look for isolated targets. 

 

edit: Actually your stats in the Bulldog look pretty good.  What don't you like about it? 

My real issue with the B-dog is thatI can put a dozen shells into reds, but only do 1000 in damage.  I just hate exposing myself to return fire that often for minimal results. I try to be a good spotter, but I just don’t see my teams take advantage of the spots consistently.  I guess if I’m going to put myself on the line spotting, I’d like to see a bigger payout in damage.

View Postfugitsblitz, on 02 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Try this

 

I may have missed it, but do you even have HEAT in the load out?  I have to play a few premium tank games just to pay for the HE.  I have to admit that I don’t shoot nearly as often as you were, just because I didn’t want to spend an HE round for a couple of hundred in splash damage.  I’m always looking for that big derp shot.  You’re right in that any damage is good damage.  Thanks for sharing the video.

 

Thanks to all who responded with advice. It’s truly appreciated.  o7


 


j0nn0 #14 Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:24 AM

    F2P Skrub

  • Players
  • 19314 battles
  • 3,060
  • [XREGS]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

While any damage is good, it is not always effective damage. I'll update this post with the correct numbers later, but i think my loadout is 6 or 7 HEAT and the rest HE. The HEAT is for german and russian heavy flanks and rears for the reliable 400/500-ish hits. Otherwise splash on the front varies between 0-200 on lucky shots. Same with splashing on any other part of the heavily armored heavies. I personally took my experience with the RU251's HE round and figured that any similar shots I'd make in the T49 had a good chance of penetrating or at least splashing for half damage, save for the heavies as mentioned above.

 

Regarding the credits, you should treat the t49 as a joyride tank as it gives you nothing but derp in return for all your credits and then some. The only way to make credits, even just breaking even most the time, is by having premium time, credit boosters, and making sure that all your shots connect. I had all that mentioned and sometimes still walk away down 50k cuz I scratch a few too many HE rounds on tracks or made otherwise poor splashes.

 

*update* forgot to post my ammo load last night: 8 HEAT & 14 HE


Edited by j0nn0, 03 September 2019 - 09:06 PM.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.


Absolute_Sniper #15 Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:48 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37022 battles
  • 2,818
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating. When facing the front of any heavily armored tank in the T49 and you cannot get around them to get a penetrating shot, shoot HE into the ground directly beneath the tank. Splashing the turret or hull will result in 150-250 damage. Splashing the ground underneath will always net you more. Granted it won’t be for 500 but it will usually get up over 300 and almost always causes some module damage.

Also if you are concerned about how many credits you will lose, the T49 isn’t the tank for you.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/4PEJ8zy

 

 


fugitsblitz #16 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 245 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    10-16-2018

View Postdport02, on 02 September 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Fugitsblitz I’ll have to argue. Le kpz m41 and t54 ltwt is really fun too. T49 is an RNG based tank, if RNG is on your side, i
Your in for a fun battle, but if RNG isn’t, then oof


Alas I can't really disagree, but for me the T49 just edges it - unlike the other tanks this one has the ability to make you laugh and cry at the same time!


Fugit555 from EU Server, trying to break into NA with my game and my YT channel

fugitsblitz #17 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 245 battles
  • 290
  • Member since:
    10-16-2018

View Postrichdubz, on 03 September 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

I’ll try that approach.  Interesting to watch the battle in armor inspector.  I didn’t know that was Even possible.  Cool.  Got the calibrated shells running, and the engine boost that was recommended too.

I agree.  Other tanks really tunnel me, but I guess I do the same when I see a T49 on red.

My real issue with the B-dog is thatI can put a dozen shells into reds, but only do 1000 in damage.  I just hate exposing myself to return fire that often for minimal results. I try to be a good spotter, but I just don’t see my teams take advantage of the spots consistently.  I guess if I’m going to put myself on the line spotting, I’d like to see a bigger payout in damage.

I may have missed it, but do you even have HEAT in the load out?  I have to play a few premium tank games just to pay for the HE.  I have to admit that I don’t shoot nearly as often as you were, just because I didn’t want to spend an HE round for a couple of hundred in splash damage.  I’m always looking for that big derp shot.  You’re right in that any damage is good damage.  Thanks for sharing the video.

 

Thanks to all who responded with advice. It’s truly appreciated.  o7

 

I do have HEAT in the load out, but as many will find HEAT is very hit n miss on the T49 especially against T8 and T9 tanks - I get that HE is expensive, but HEAT requires you to get to know how HEAT works and how to get to those tricky spots where it will finally pen


Fugit555 from EU Server, trying to break into NA with my game and my YT channel

richdubz #18 Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:33 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16987 battles
  • 821
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 03 September 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

Also if you are concerned about how many credits you will lose, the T49 isn’t the tank for you.

 

I’m frugal by nature, but I’m currently saving up for the Obj 704 at $3M+ credits, so I hate to see red numbers after a battle. The 49 is as fun to drive as advertised, so I’m not shutting it down.  I’ll just cover my losses by dedicating some quality time to the Type 62, Löwe and any other big money earners I might have in the garage.


Edited by richdubz, 03 September 2019 - 01:34 PM.

 


richdubz #19 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16987 battles
  • 821
  • [AJAX]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016

Took the T49 out for the first time in a week or so...

 

Map:  Oasis Palms (dooooonz!)

Damage:  2084

Assisted Damage:  1507 

XP:  1126 (no premium)

Kills:  4 

Awards:  First Class and a Reaper Badge

Credits:  -17.5K

Fun Experienced:  17.5 Gazillion credits worth

 

Let's do that again!

 


 


_GraceToo #20 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46492 battles
  • 1,530
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 02 September 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating. When facing the front of any heavily armored tank in the T49 and you cannot get around them to get a penetrating shot, shoot HE into the ground directly beneath the tank. Splashing the turret or hull will result in 150-250 damage. Splashing the ground underneath will always net you more. Granted it won’t be for 500 but it will usually get up over 300 and almost always causes some module damage.

Also if you are concerned about how many credits you will lose, the T49 isn’t the tank for you.

 

Brilliant!







Also tagged with T49

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users