• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

davechuser #1 Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19761 battles
  • [BABE]

FEATURE REQUEST:

ability to Report rude / harassing messages from the message option drop down.

Some people are sore losers and just plan rude. After playing a match, every so often, someone would sent a rude or harassing direct message. There is currently no in game way to report such harassment. Please add an option in the messaging menu to 'report message'. Right not I have to get out of the game to report those messages.

Player_5773117413 #2 Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]
Things would get out of hand real quick. Since personal messages are only viewed by two people, WG's multiple-player reporting system implemented after battles won't work, leaving thumbs down authority in the hands of just one player. Essentially, it gives the opportunity for them to force a chat ban upon you for whatever reason they feel.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

zeur0sis #3 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30361 battles
  • [TITAN]
Nope.   This will turn into spam real fast.   I can see constructive criticism being reported all day long because someone just doesn’t like what another person thinks they should do.      Example.   “You shouldn’t be sniping in a heavy”.    Reported.   “You shouldn’t yolo into the enemy spawn”.  Reported.   WG would be flooded with spam and who's to say they wouldn’t interpret advice as derogatory.  There was a time when people tried to get better at this game so they wouldn’t get hounded anymore.  Now it’s just report report report.   There’s absolutely no incentive to get good at this game. 

Edited by zeur0sis, 08 September 2019 - 05:20 PM.

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

Mako__Reizei___ #4 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6708 battles
  • [ALI4S]
Just block them, they would eventually figure out that they got blocked and curse themselves for wasting 5 minutes of their time being a sore loser while you're in a match.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

I have 11k WN8 and 2.5k WN7 on my Leichtraktor (Nano_Virus of the DAMGE clan). Not sure if I should be proud of this...

HugGigolo #5 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22286 battles
  • [AGILE]

A better feature would be in-battle mute function. Most of the time, the abuse starts in-battle before continuing after-battle. Gag an offensive player in battle and it should extend to garage chat for a day or so.

Plus, I reckon it would be a much more accurate way of targeting offensive players than MH. Instead of a vindictive downvote, it's more likely to be used to silence an actual problem. If someone gets an unusual number of mutes the system can flag that player's chat log for review and chat-banning.

davechuser #6 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19761 battles
  • [BABE]

This would be used to alert WoTB support to review communication by both parties and issue the appropriate action. I don't see how a reporting party can abuse it like some here are claiming. 

There is  absolutely no reason that someone I have never communicate with, should message me directly after the game and start calling  name and using other bad words.  Such immature people should be banned from the game  or at least put on time out .

4sfield #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:52 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

If your that insecure about someone talking about your mom, take the time to send in a ticket. I’m of the opinion that it doesn’t matter what anyone else says but I’m not insecure and don’t get offended by idiots. 

You’re call, take the time to fill out a ticket or stfu. We don’t need an easy report system that everyone is going to abuse for no reason other than they can, 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8050 battles
  • [HAHA]

Or you can just grow a thicker skin and stop being a snowflake. Don't do retarded things in battle and you wont get hate mail.

Do you know how many PM's I got in the beginning that let me know where I went wrong? I took some of those messages to heart and got better. Criticism is healthy.

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

Also tagged with Rude, message, report, Harassment, feature request

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users