Card theft and Gold

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

LastGreen #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2316 battles
  • [CV]

So I had my card stolen and inturn got banned (because the bank backcharges everything) and now I'm being told I need to buy 167 (odd number) gold to unlock my account, which is fine except they won't accept any of the cards or the visa gift card I just bought AT ALL.

Now I'm wondering does anyone else have any experience with this? Do I simply need to wait for my new card or is this rejection of all my temporary cards a sign they won't accept anything? I mean I'm willing to pay but I can't afford a plane ticket to do so in person ya know.

Guess I should also say I'm not use to buying gold off the site, normally only do so through the client but obviously can't do that atm.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24604 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostLastGreen, on 10 September 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

So I had my card stolen and inturn got banned (because the bank backcharges everything) and now I'm being told I need to buy 167 (odd number) gold to unlock my account, which is fine except they won't accept any of the cards or the visa gift card I just bought AT ALL.

Now I'm wondering does anyone else have any experience with this? Do I simply need to wait for my new card or is this rejection of all my temporary cards a sign they won't accept anything? I mean I'm willing to pay but I can't afford a plane ticket to do so in person ya know.

Guess I should also say I'm not use to buying gold off the site, normally only do so through the client but obviously can't do that atm.

Bummer -- have you opened up a support ticket ?

Good luck!

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8119 battles
  • [HAHA]
Well, If you have Blitz on multiple devices, you can use Google pay on android, or Steam store on PC or Starbucks card on IPad (or whatever they use for currency)

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

LastGreen #4 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2316 battles
  • [CV]

Yeah I have but they just point at the banks when I ask why the payments won't go through.

and no, saddly I only have one device. My computer was destroyed recently.

cheesehead247365 #5 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12591 battles
  • [-EZ-]
you had a card stolen and a cpu destroyed?  ouch 

acrisis #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20500 battles
  • [III]
Make sure you have an actual credit card they accept, per direction of WG WOTB Support email buy the required gold on the WOT PC site, let them know of the purchase, then they will restore the account after verification. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

crpl_hicks #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5547 battles
  • [KOP]

As Elvis would say...."Cash is King...Baby"

But then he never played Blitz or any Mobile games.

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

FussyRude #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5375 battles
  • [AZUR]
Mmm... I destroy a PC every year, I check them, all alright, for a few months unlti they burst in flames, oddly my phone is a iphone 4s and still operativeand in good condition(it fell fro a 5th floor), same for the ipad, maybe PCs are destroyed until I buy a Mac...
#LoveLuchs

PlagueVendor #9 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23262 battles
  • [BOWIE]
Register that Visa on Google play and it should take it.

RonaldusMaximus_ #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8119 battles
  • [HAHA]
or paypal directly to your checking account.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

_Cletus #11 Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24878 battles
  • [HAHA]
Go to the darkweb.  You'll be able to find a whole lot of credit card information there.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

EL_Din_46 #12 Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4707 battles

Also - shop around for a card with better fraud protection and better policies when cards are stolen. If your state or province doesn’t limit your liability for charges contact your legislators and let them know you want a change in the laws.

For example, California limits your liability for stolen or fraudulent use of a credit card to $50. Both my bank and credit union automatically block or contact me for charges that don’t match my usual spending pattern. My credit union goes a step further and does not even charge me the $50. As a result, when I buy uggs from a New Zealand company I have to authorize the transaction with the issuer first, but when a stolen card number was used in Georgia to buy $1,000+ of women’s clothing my credit union contacted me and I paid nothing. Getting a new credit card and changing the numbers on file with Steam etc. was a hassle, but all those companies made the change without any new problems. 

(Thieves buy women’s clothing because it’s easy to sell on EBay, according to my credit union).

Edited by EL_Din_46, 22 September 2019 - 06:27 PM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

tedg5 #13 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50232 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Ok, bad week dude.... :confused:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users