Add forward toggle control

keyboard control forward

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Q_Prof #1 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9967 battles

Is it possible to get an additional tank control for full forward similar to WOT reg? Press one key once for full forward - like a toggle switch (one identified key/button), press again to turn off or press S (your reverse key) for example to stop.

After a while of always pushing W because it is the most pressed for longest time usually in a game, can get tiring after a while and is unnecessary (using a keyboard mouse on PC) to be always pressing constantly.

We all make choices in game and in the end its our effort and choices that make our gaming a quality experience.

Remember, it is just a game... for fun, competition, and excitement, if not.... you're not doing it right!

Q-Prof

MudkipAtWar #2 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

die

• Players
  • 22177 battles
  • [FL-TH]
Im not familiar with how this works, but is it possible to make a bind that when pressed hols down w? Im not experienced with computers but i feel like this is possible

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

Morphman11 #3 Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
The maps are small enough just live with it.

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8119 battles
  • [HAHA]

It works like cruise control, It was really useful on PC and I too have missed this feature.

(and so has my poor little "W" key)

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 11 September 2019 - 01:20 PM.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

Q_Prof #5 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9967 battles

View PostMorphman11, on 11 September 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

The maps are small enough just live with it.

Lol, did you mean "maps are big enough just live with it"  (and this thread is about forward controls, that is my other thread)

I am living with it at the moment as this is the best they have to offer 3X, but it does not hurt to make them aware of it.

We all make choices in game and in the end its our effort and choices that make our gaming a quality experience.

Remember, it is just a game... for fun, competition, and excitement, if not.... you're not doing it right!

Q-Prof

Q_Prof #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9967 battles

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 11 September 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

Im not familiar with how this works, but is it possible to make a bind that when pressed hols down w? Im not experienced with computers but i feel like this is possible

I looked into doing this... thanks for the suggestion Mud. 

I have a Corsair K70 keyboard and Roccat mouse, both programable.  the mouse I can set key bindings to but not toggle them for the forward cruise, but I am suppose to be able to program the Corsair K70 CUE software to set certain keys (say Y and H) to duplicate the W and S, but turn them into toggle on, tap again to toggle off when a certain program (WOTB) is run, then program the mouse buttons with the same shortcut Y and H, then I would have control forward and reverse cruise. 

In theory it works, but the problem is Corsair's CUE software does not activate or see WOTB executable running for some reason, so it never binds those keys when the program starts:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\7458BE2C.WorldofTanksBlitz_6.2.288.0_x64__x4tje2y229k00\wotblitz.exe (which of course is hidden if you try to go any deeper than WindowsApps)

It looks like with PC WOTB (Microsoft Store Apps), there is another temporary executable that is used while it is actually running which I think is Runtime Broker, but CUE can not see it even though I can see it in the system file explorer and in the task manager while WOTB is running, so I can't actually bind the keys to a toggle.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190252  (my request for any support with Corsair forum)

Such a simple thing, and it seems WOTB PC could easily incorporate it into their settings, so I hope developers see this topic and consider adding forward/reverse cruise controls for tank movement.

Q-Prof

Q_Prof #7 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9967 battles

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 11 September 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

It works like cruise control, It was really useful on PC and I too have missed this feature.

(and so has my poor little "W" key)

Yes, the cruise control would be great on the PC and surprised it is not there as it is incorporated into so many other games... and I am sure they could even do something for tablets too.

Q-Prof

Also tagged with keyboard, control, forward

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users